Now I don't know about anyone else, but I've been a horror nut since forever and a day, and I basically grew up with these books.

I adored seeing my precious bedtime stories evolve into their own television series and even snag one or two primetime specials!

I love all things wolven, and probably my favorite Goosebumps story is The Werewolf of Fever Swamp!

For those that have been reading and have no earthly clue what I'm talking about, first off, I feel sorry for you and second...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goosebumps?wasRedirected=true

So, what are your favorite Goosebumps adventures from old?
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Never loved them, but enjoyable on occasion.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
Quote by Thrasher51
Never loved them, but enjoyable on occasion.

Anything you remember liking?

That's one thing I really enjoyed about them was just the variety of the stories

Had a lot for everyone it seemed.
Goosebumps used to scare the shit out of me. I think my parents still have a couple of the movies.

Night of the Living Dummy = *piss pants*
When I was younger I loved them. Now that I'm older I realized what a crappy writer R.L. Stine is.
The one where the kid moves to a new town and he thinks it sucks. Then he finds that some kind of monster lives there, then he really thinks it sucks. Especially since no one will believe him. And even though he's much smaller and weaker he kills the monster. That one was my favorite.
"Well you said I might get laid more if I didn't play pokemon... but I decided getting laid more isn't worth not catching them all."

E-married to the Super Fantastical simply_me(:
Night of the Living Dummy series was bomb.

I liked Campy Jelly Jam or whatever it was called :P
Slappy is a beast!

He still scares the crap out of me

know that movie Dead Silence? Slappy was all I could think of when watching that movie !!!
Quote by CodySG
Anything you remember liking?

That's one thing I really enjoyed about them was just the variety of the stories

Had a lot for everyone it seemed.

That was part of it, and in my second grade mind it seemed like there were so many I could read them forever if I wanted to. They were good for a scare until around second grade, so that's when I fazed out.
Please excuse my godawful username. I was thirteen.
I really liked the "Choose your own adventure" ones. I would jump up shout in the middle of school everytime I got a good ending.
Quote by Peice_of_Mind
The one where the kid moves to a new town and he thinks it sucks. Then he finds that some kind of monster lives there, then he really thinks it sucks. Especially since no one will believe him. And even though he's much smaller and weaker he kills the monster. That one was my favorite.

I don't know if you're being cereal or silly, but was it Theres a Monster in my Basement or something like that?

Where he moves to like the swamps of Louisiana with his uncle or something?
Quote by CodySG
Slappy is a beast!

He still scares the crap out of me

know that movie Dead Silence? Slappy was all I could think of when watching that movie !!!
Imma Haunt Yo Dreams!

Oh man I have a full Goosebumps shelf on my bookcase, probably with over a hundred in there i don't even know.
Quote by Tag43
Night of the Living Dummy series was bomb.

I liked Campy Jelly Jam or whatever it was called :P

Welcome to Camp Nightmare!

Quote by Thrasher51
That was part of it, and in my second grade mind it seemed like there were so many I could read them forever if I wanted to. They were good for a scare until around second grade, so that's when I fazed out.

But hey, you still got some joy out of them, right?

That's the main reason I love them so much, just because of all the positive memories it gave me as a child!

Same reason I love Donkey Kong Country and the SNES !!!

Quote by skaterskagg1
I really liked the "Choose your own adventure" ones. I would jump up shout in the middle of school everytime I got a good ending.

Yeah, those were pretty cool, I think I liked the originals better.

Quote by Gmp
Oh man I have a full Goosebumps shelf on my bookcase, probably with over a hundred in there i don't even know.

Hell yeah! High five
Oh wow, I loved Goosebumps when I was younger. Werewolf of Fever Swamp is prob my fav as well, the bit when it's in the house is so scary! Shivers was also a favourite series of mine.
Oh mate, I fucking loved Goosebumps! I had almost every book! I remember the T.V. series more though, especially the opening credits. When dogs eyes lit up I used to shit bricks. I saw an episode recently and it's laughably bad.
*parp*
seriously i had like 60 of these damn things, i loved this series

piano lessons can be murder, let's get invisible and vampire breath were favourites and my hairest adventure and attack of the mutant

god so much nostalgia
Quote by CodySG
Welcome to Camp Nightmare!

But hey, you still got some joy out of them, right?

That's the main reason I love them so much, just because of all the positive memories it gave me as a child!

Same reason I love Donkey Kong Country and the SNES !!!

Yeah, those were pretty cool, I think I liked the originals better.

Hell yeah! High five

naw he means book #33: horror at camp jelly jam
My personal favs:

The list goes on and on....

My childhood revolved around R.L. Stine's books.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Last edited by dudetheman at Dec 19, 2009,
I liked that one where there was a sofa, and then it turned out to be a tongue and it ate him.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
'Are You Afraid of the Dark?' was a superior tv series. I haven't even looked at one of these things for 13 years, so can't remember any titles.
Booyeah!

Glad to see the 'Bumps love!!!

My childhood basically evolved around these as well !

And yeah, Are you Afraid of the Dark was very good as well!

I just know I'll be raising my kids on Goosebumps like I was !
I actually have the Ghost Beach board game

I drew a bad ass picture when I was kid as well when I got inspired by that story!

Goosebumps just ftmfw!!!
I've read most of those, loved em when I was a kid. However, in 3rd grade we watched the tv version of the one with the mask that possessed people and it scared the HELL out of me, had trouble sleeping for weeks.
Like I said, ALL of ANYTHING Goosebumps will always have a special place in my heart !

I'm just glad I'm not the only one!

Goosebumps really is one of the staples of my my rearing, and beyond the stories and anything else, it really does mean a lot to me
I loved these books. I was really irked when a psychologist suggested to my mother that I no longer read the books, which she then prevented me from doing for a while. I was eventually allowed to read them again. Some that I remember enjoying, and that haven't already been mentioned, are "The Beast from the East," "The Haunted School," and "Calling All Creeps."
Quote by Rox0r713
I nominate giveitaname87 for UG's "Most likely to be a Serial Killer" award.
All three epic books!!!

The Beast from the East was stupid amazing!

And a big fffffuuuuuuuu to the head shrink suggesting you not read them! I believe all children should read them!

And when I'm ruler of the world, I will make sure it is true!!!!
Quote by dudetheman

I love how in that one they arrive and their car just explodes... and they still decide to go into the deserted theme park.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by CodySG
All three epic books!!!

The Beast from the East was stupid amazing!

And a big fffffuuuuuuuu to the head shrink suggesting you not read them! I believe all children should read them!

And when I'm ruler of the world, I will make sure it is true!!!!

Jesus's arse you sound excited.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Pretty sure I read all of them when I was a kid. Including the CYOA ones.

Multiple times.

Except I always cheated when I read the CYOA ones and used like 5 bookmarks so that if I got to a bad ending I could go back to the last page and pretend it never happened.

Damn, I was clever.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Pretty sure I read all of them when I was a kid. Including the CYOA ones.

Multiple times.

Except I always cheated when I read the CYOA ones and used like 5 bookmarks so that if I got to a bad ending I could go back to the last page and pretend it never happened.

Damn, I was clever.

Naughty boy.

Everyone knows that If you don't take your finger off the page it doesn't count.
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
I used to have an entire Goosebumps bed set; sheets, comforter, pillow case, jammys and all.

The only problem was that every time I got into bed and saw that damn mummy on the pillow I could never sleep.

I wish I could find the set now but I'm sure it's destroyed.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I am excited!

I love Goosebumps and I'm glad to see so many others enjoy them as well!!!
Haha I seriously found 'The Haunted Mask' and 'Revenge of the Garden Gnomes' yesterday at school on the ground, and now I'm addicted again. These books are so ridiculously amazing and hilarious.
Quote by metabolicmaggot
Win. +1 cookie for hide the beer.