So this is a song my buddy and I just recorded together. We had about an equal amount of input into the recording and we had a lot of fun with this one. The Green Machine and yes the name comes from the novel Dandelion Wine.

C4C of course
My stuff
Fender Telecaster Aerodyne Series
Gibson 1980 Les Paul Standard
Fender Standard Strat
Taylor 414-ce
Takamine Acoustic
1938 Gibson Lap Steel (priceless)
Fender Blues Junior
USA Big Muff Pi
Danelectro Fab Overdrive

My band
wow. first off, let me say that song sounded great. every part in that song sounds very interesting and unique which caught my attention. what i loved most was the vocals. i also loved the intro with the piano. it introduced the song very well. at about 2:40 there is a short guitar (i think) part that sounds pretty cool. wish it was longer. as something that could have done better for constructive critisism, i would say that at times it sounds chaotic and at other times certain instruments drown out the others (might just be my computer speakers). also i thought that the guitar solo could have been trippier instead of shredding-ish music.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1246494 - there's a draft of a song i wrote if you want to critique that.
thx for the crit

it's very alternative, you've definately got you own style, the piano starts off well even if it's midi and some of the notes don't last long enough. when the second piano comes in it uses a very weird scale thet doesn't really fit in, i like the drum line at 2:00, overall well recorded and well mixed.

to be honest it's not really something that i would listen to but thats just me, no harm meant, this is just my taste in music
Check out and rate my songs in my profile if you have a moment to spare
All my Songs are Rock Influenced
wow, really diggin the green machine track. Very well put together and you guys definitely have your own style. nice work. care to crit the stuff in my prof? id be interested in what you think.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
the harmonic minor piano melody didn't work to well. It sounded forced and at some points just not the scale to be using. When the music kicked in, it worked a lot better. Cool vocal melodies. I like the sudden stop with the piano run before the second verse. at 2:56 is where I think the best part of the song kicks in. The vocal melody and the rest of the music fits beautifully and I found that to be most enjoyable. Other than that, it's not really my think. It's well constructed, just not my genre. Reminds me of the Queens of The Stone Age, and I was never really a fan of them. Keep on keeping on.
8.5/10
LOL@UR GERE!!!1 HURRZ MINE!
Customized Gibson Explorer (Alternative 8)
LTD mp-600
Charvel/Esp hybrid (Alnico 2 pro)
Line 6 Pod X3 Live

Coming Soon: EngL StH Limited Edition
The piano intro was amazingly good, contrary to what other people said, I loved the oddness that was going on.

The vocals remind me a lot of Queens of the Stone Age, that's a good thing. In fact, this all reminds me a lot of QOTSA.

3:00 is probably one of the coolest things I've ever heard, I mean the transition. Except I don't really like whatever effect is on the vocals. The part after that was alright.

All in all, I loved this. So great.
wow man! the song is great, so many changes , very nice melody.love the piano intro too!
really, really good, so good that i'm afraid to link my piece here for C4C :/
anyway https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1249205 here's mine, if you want C4C
Peavey Bandit 112
Washburn Chicago series :SD Invader at bridge ,GFS Lil Killer on neck
Bc Rich Warlock :GFS Vintage59 on neck ,Crunchy rails on bridge
Epiphone SG :Tusq Nut, GFS Crunchy Pat on neck, bc rich pickup on bridge
lots of cheap pedals
Last edited by itafromhell at Dec 22, 2009,
Just checking out the quality of recordings. I like it! Reminds me of a Songs For The Deaf B-side or something (in a good way).
Mind divulging the details or your recording process/equipment?