A few months ago I made a forum topic asking for a 24 fret guitar with passive pups and whatnot and I was led to the ibanez RG series. Now the problem is that I initially wanted a guitar with a floyd, but I enjoy changing my tunings with ease.

Basically I don't know exactly what would be nice, I figure if i get a whammy it'll only be to wank on a bit for teh lulz. So I want to find alternatives to the Ibanez RG3550MZ or the Edwards E-CS-160 that im considering...should I get a guitar with a whammy at all? I mean it seems fun to play some Iron Maiden and stuff but I'm not really sure about it.

Preferably I'm looking for a guitar with
24 frets,
no whammy,
PASSIVE PICKUPS (not a huge fan of actives),
nice flat neck,
after one of my last topics I don't really care about tone wood either as long as the quality is good,
And with the 24 frets I want easy access to those frets,
AND the guitar must NOT be head heavy

When it comes down to cosmetics I don't really care as long as the guitar isn't solid black (something about that colour just turns me off), and I'm not a huge fan of the LP shape.

I've been looking around but i can't find anything that fits aside from an LTD guitar I saw on the ESP website, but i couldn't find on musiciansfriend.

Also my budget is no more than $1500 CDN for the guitar, and as for the amp, whenever I play outside of my home I end up playing on my friend's Peavey Classic 30 (<3) so please don't recommend me a new amp.
Gte an ESP Horizon NT II the non trem version. It has everything you could ever want and great pups. Best guitar ever at least for me. Its about 1300 or so.
Bugera 6262

Roland Cube

BC Rich Warlock with EMG 81 85

Ibanez rg770dx
ESP or Schecter if you don't want a whammy. If you decide to get one then id get a ibanez
Quote by RetroBasement
Gte an ESP Horizon NT II the non trem version. It has everything you could ever want and great pups. Best guitar ever at least for me. Its about 1300 or so.

this or they make rg's with fixed bridges as well
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Ibanez RGA321 but I'm not too sure how thin the neck is.

edit: Scratch that I just found out it cost near $2K
Last edited by azn_guitarist25 at Dec 19, 2009,
The recently discontinued Ibanez RGA121 has passives.
If not that, it's not like you're stuck with a bass pickup housing like 7-stringers.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
carvin

/thread
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
Well with your budget being that high I would suggest these. And the money you save you could spend on investing in some tools for future guitars like fret leveling and refretting tools.
But none of these guitars need any work outside of personal preference.
If none of these work for you then you could checkout musiciansfriend.com but im rather confident that these guitars would satisfy you. With you cash you could even buy 2 and have one as a backup or mod tester etc... or just have them set up with different pickups etc.. for different styles of music.

All of them fit preferences.
http://www.rondomusic.com/ab3000tribalblue.html
http://www.rondomusic.com/product849.html
http://www.rondomusic.com/valkiiipresblue.html
http://www.rondomusic.com/ghostbk.html
http://www.rondomusic.com/product2968.html
I'm not entirely sure about prices over there, but the ESP Horizon suggested earlier is a great choice if it's in your price range. Also, have a look at the Jackson SLS3.
Ibanez S series. You can wank about with the ZR bridge or you can put the ZPS bar in there and change tunings quick as anything
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
So from what I've gotten the ESP Horizion NT-II, Jackson SLS3, and the Ibanez SV5470 are good guitars to look into.

I did however take a large interest in Carvin, they seem pretty incredible for the price, but I can't seem to find any information about the build quality of the guitars (specifically the DC145) is there a thread somewhere that i can't seem to find about them? All I'm getting are comparisons to $3000 guitars. To which i assume these guitars are good, but how good?
Last edited by siverstorm at Dec 19, 2009,
Quote by siverstorm
So from what I've gotten the ESP Horizion NT-II, Jackson SLS3, and the Ibanez SV5470 are good guitars to look into.

I did however take a large interest in Carvin, they seem pretty incredible for the price, but I can't seem to find any information about the build quality of the guitars (specifically the DC145) is there a thread somewhere that i can't seem to find about them? All I'm getting are comparisons to $3000 guitars. To which i assume these guitars are good, but how good?

Personally iv looked into carvins. I just really dont care for how they look. Like i said earlier the Horizon NT II is one the best guitars you can get, it will do everything you want
Bugera 6262

Roland Cube

BC Rich Warlock with EMG 81 85

Ibanez rg770dx
Yea I'm going to keep in mind the Horizon, but I think that if the build quality and the neck is thin on the carvin I might end up with that instead.

On that note does anybody wanna compare the build quality of a Carvin to some other high-end guitars? I'm really curious.
Carvin is very high quality - I've never heard of a bad Carvin.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by RetroBasement

this is amazing