Ok, here's the thing:

I have a Shelter guitar... Ive been playing for 5 years and haven't changed it yet.
My bro bought it in 1991 and then gave it to me. I never send it to an "inspection" or something.

=P

I am just thinking that it's time to change for a new one...
I'd like a good guitar to play Metal / hard rock, metallica / slayer / megadeth style, with at least 22 frets.
I heard it's good to have "double pickups".

What guitars around 300$-500$ would you guys recommend?

Thanks
Last edited by andarana at Dec 19, 2009,
the "double" pickups are called humbuckers annd they r better for metal and watnot... ure on ure own for guitars thou idk wat u like or anything....
ibanez s or rg series
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
What I like about what?

The guitar I have are singles pick ups...

I just need a guitar that sounds good for heavy sound.

Give me some names =P
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe. The best budget metal guitar IMO.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Right now GC is clearing out 2009 Schecter C1 guitars for hundreds of dollars off the regular retail prices, it’s a great way to get a good deal on a metal guitar.
Ibanez Grg 170

Shelter Sg Detroit

Washburn X14

Washburn Wi 16

Tagima Memphis Les Paul Mlp100

Are any of these good?
These are some I can afford and have in my country.

Those you guys said I couldn't find in my country... I don't live in USA
Where do you live? The Washburn X14 is the best of that lot, but they are still fairly mediocre guitars. If you could save up a bit more it would be worth it in the long run. Also, if you are only after a metal sound, this highly depends on your amp - there's no point spending hundreds of dollars on a new guitar to acheive a different tone if you're running it through a crappy amp. Remember, amp is 70% tone, pickups %20, and %10 is wood. That's the rule I go by, anyway.
Quote by andarana
I live in Brazil.
My amp is pretty good I think... (at least to my needs)

Here is a sample:

If these are mediocre, can you give me more guitar names please?

What amp is that exactly?
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Don't go the way of the Ibanez... Schecters are incredible for their price.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
What amp is that exactly?

I'm wont be at home for some days so I cannot see it... yea yea I don't know what is it, I have to look.

Don't go the way of the Ibanez... Schecters are incredible for their price.

The most cheap Schecters I found (which are a few) I can't afford...
I think I'll get an Ibanez... I can afford some of 'em and everybody says they are good (and I saw some videos as well).

I am still open to suggestion guys.

Thanks for helping
schecters are totally BA guitars but ibanez is not a bad way to go.. just make sure u try it before u buy it... i hav had a run in at my local store with ibanezs with s*** pickups and floyd... *shudder*
Lower end LTDs are good, too. If you go Ibanez, don't go a floating bridge one, the cheap floating bridges they throw in their guitars are junk. Actually, most cheap guitars with floating bridges are junk.
Uhm, you should save up a bit more and get into the LTD 200 series stuff.

They are really good, and you can just change the pickups if they aren't doing what you need.
To be honest, if you don't know what your amp is, I doubt it'll be any good...
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Ibanez Rg350
Ibanez Rg550
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
They are really good, and you can just change the pickups if they aren't doing what you need.

So, I can modify my guitar and put humbuckers??
How do I know if I can do that on my guitar? (Shelter California Deluxe)

Ibanez Rg350
Ibanez Rg550

Insanely expensive to me =P
I would try to find a used jackson.. i found mine for like 300 with EMG's.. it's a ****in monster
BRING THE RAIN!
I hav the grg170 and tbh, it's not a bad guitar. If you block off the bridge, it will stay in tune nicely and it doesn't sound bad for metal.
It's not a good guitar, but it definitely isn't bad.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
It's a cheap fender copy, it isn't good. But it depends what you're comparing it to, it works after all
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

tht grg would be an upgrade, definitely, I'm just not sure if it would be a worthwile upgrade. I suppose only you can decide that.
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

Save up for a Ibanez RG321?
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy
The low end LTD's are great. I'd recommend just saving up and saving up. Buy a guitar with humbuckers in it already. I also think that if your amp is bad, you're not going to get a good metal tone with any guitar..
Quote by BGSM
Lower end LTDs are good, too. If you go Ibanez, don't go a floating bridge one, the cheap floating bridges they throw in their guitars are junk. Actually, most cheap guitars with floating bridges are junk.

actually i hear this all over and maybe i'm just lucky, but i have the rg370dx which comes with the edge 3 tremelo, and i have yet to have problems with it going out of tune or anything like that.
the worst problem i have is getting the string to spring ratio right on first string swap which isn't too hard after a little bit of practice