Page 1 of 2
In my years of dwelling in The Pit I have connected with practically every aspect of my youth and teenage years. But I have never seen a thread devoted to these games. There's so many things to discuss about this game, and I mean that in the traditional Pit way...gah...I ramble...do your stuff guys...
Rig:
Ibanez RG270
Crate BV-120
Quote by Bearded_Seth
That's probably one of the most insightful things I've ever read in the Pit.
Grats, TS

Bastard Chain UG profile - Here
The game was decent, but there were so many better games for the N64.

Jet Force Gemini? Ogre Battle 64? Star Fox 64? Goldeneye? Ocarina of Time?
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
Remember how if you died, in the game over screen, Gruntilda the witch switched bodies with Banjo's sister and became totally f*ckable?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnA_6I4y0_0

Last edited by The Madcap at Dec 19, 2009,
Quote by The Madcap
Remember how if you died, in the game over screen, Gruntilda the witch switched bodies with Banjo's sister and became totally f*ckable?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnA_6I4y0_0

The only problem was the fact that she's still green.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
Quote by Black Star

Putting that game there is like saying "The Strokes are alright and all, but there are so many better musicians. Mozart?"
Quote by The Madcap
Putting that game there is like saying "The Strokes are alright and all, but there are so many better musicians. Mozart?"

Meh, I was just listing them as they came to mind. Ogre Battle 64 and Jet Force Gemini are my favorite N64 games, and I've been playing Star Fox 64 a lot lately. Goldeneye and Ocarina were kind of afterthoughts, but still deserved mentioning for pure amazingness.
Quote by MuffinMan
Quote by Black Star
Meh, I was just listing them as they came to mind. Ogre Battle 64 and Jet Force Gemini are my favorite N64 games, and I've been playing Star Fox 64 a lot lately. Goldeneye and Ocarina were kind of afterthoughts, but still deserved mentioning for pure amazingness.
I'm a Zelda fanboy. Twilight Princess is by far my favorite video game.
Banjo 1 and 2 are the best platformers of all time. And Majora's Mask was better than Ocarina.
Zelda is my favorite series as well...but we have a thread for that, and a mighty thread it is good sir. Let's keep the Banjo Kazooie/Tooie stuff here and the Zelda stuff there. Because I can already forsee people coming in to argue and stuff.
Rig:
Ibanez RG270
Crate BV-120
Quote by Bearded_Seth
Grats, TS

Quote by Black Star

Don't forget Donkey Kong 64 and Perfect Dark!!!
Quote by iwhackoffalot
That reminds me, who totally wanted to bang that green chick from the new Star Trek?

Totally..
Banjo was lame....Mario Kart
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677
Donkey Kong 64 was the first game I got for N64, and I consider it a classic on the console.
"Let others bring order to chaos, I shall bring chaos to order."- Vonnegut.

Check out my webcomic!
Banjo Kazooie was the first video game I ever got. I still never beat the damn thing. So hard. Especially the Four Seasons place...I never figured it out. And there is so much hidden everywhere, kinda drives you nuts
Quote by lordneezi
I'm about to start playing Banjo Kazooie again!

Thank you for making this thread!

All right!
Rig:
Ibanez RG270
Crate BV-120
Quote by Bearded_Seth
Grats, TS

Quote by Jack Darkley
Donkey Kong 64 was the first game I got for N64, and I consider it a classic on the console.

Same here bro! They don't make many games anymore that are as fun to play as that one. It just never gets old!
I used to wake up at 4am to play Banjo Kazooie before school... I loved that game so much... I was thinking of getting it for an emulator, but the controls are a little complicated. I do have an old n64, but I don't have the game...
I never really played the first one but Banjo tooie was insanely amazing.

edit: because of this thread I got a rom for it and I'm playing it right now.
Last edited by batman187 at Dec 19, 2009,
Quote by hildesaw
Banjo Kazooie was the first video game I ever got. I still never beat the damn thing. So hard. Especially the Four Seasons place...I never figured it out. And there is so much hidden everywhere, kinda drives you nuts

weird.

This was probably my favourite platformer growing up and I spent so many hours playing it. I think I finished the game like ....4 or 5 times, yet everysingle time I could only find 94 notes on the Click Clock Wood level. The same 6 notes were hidden from the level, I was never able to find them

I'm glad you made this thread but .....there isn't much that can be discussed. There were 2 games made for the N64, and the other that was made was more a game for a mechanic.
Quote by jemjabella42
People look too much into body language. Sometimes I don't make eye contact with people because they are ugly.
jezz I post one picture of them as a sarcastic remark and someone makes a thread about it.

lol

VERY METAL!
\m/
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Quote by metaldud536
RazorTheAwesome, if I was a Ditto, I'd transform into YOU

Quote by Kensai
Basically god wanted to punish people for getting educated/eating apples.

Quote by Jackal58
We all desire a little pussy.
What were some of the places people had trouble with in this game? Or did everyone own the hell out of it unlike me?
Quote by Ledforthehead
Banjo 1 and 2 are the best platformers of all time.

These guys would like a word with you

Last edited by TheReverend724 at Dec 19, 2009,
Diddy Kong Racing, Mario 64, Star Fox 64, and Ogre Battle were better, but the Banjo Games were both very good.

I totally owned the shit out of it up to RUsty Bucket Bay, then I was like "Oh, how nice, I fell in the water, let me swim for 5 minutes to get the hell out while periodically jumping to avoid drowning! And look, there are jiggys in this crappy water?"

Worst level ever.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
I got Banjo Kazooie when I got my N64. I played an N64 demo at Best Buy. I spent quite some time on Super Mario 64, Star Fox 64, and Banjo Kazooie, and I liked Banjo the best. After playing it for what seems like forever in the store, I absolutely begged my dad for a N64. I don't remember if it was a special occasion of if he was just feeling nice, but a week or so later, he bought me one . Banjo Kazooie was my first console video game ever. My dad and I played it together. We'd spend hours hotseating it (when one of us got stuck, the other would try to beat the part, etc.). I wish my dad still played video games with me. lol.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
Quote by wamguy89
I used to wake up at 4am to play Banjo Kazooie before school... I loved that game so much... I was thinking of getting it for an emulator, but the controls are a little complicated. I do have an old n64, but I don't have the game...

Xbox 360 controller.

Edit: I'm off to go play Banjo Kazooie or Tooie which one should I start with?
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
this is one of those games that i love(d), but somehow forget whenever i am thinking about my favorite n64 games. everything about the game is close to flawless, from the controls to the levels to the challenges to the sounds (especially the sounds) to the colors that everything is.

really want to dig it out and start playing again.
Let's get some Diddy Kong Racing love in here people.

Icicle Pyramid anyone? Icicle goddamn Pyramid!
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
jezz I post one picture of them as a sarcastic remark and someone makes a thread about it.

lol

I never saw it...

Anyway, to this day, when someone mentions the game irl I instantly go "Oah oah, oahoahoah, oah oah oah, oah."
Rig:
Ibanez RG270
Crate BV-120
Quote by Bearded_Seth
Grats, TS

I own the original banjo and the new banjo kazooie nuts and bolts for my 360.

One of my favorite games.
"Bullshit is the glue that binds this nation together."
-George Carlin

The Human Fund: $0.00
PM me to donate
Quote by Ledforthehead
Banjo 1 and 2 are the best platformers of all time. And Majora's Mask was better than Ocarina.

these guys would also like a word with you.
"Bullshit is the glue that binds this nation together."
-George Carlin

The Human Fund: $0.00
PM me to donate
To whoever said Jet Force Gemini, go back and play that game now. It's utter shit. I don't know how the hell I ever played it, the camera angles are awful and awkward and it's so hard to see anything, not to mention the god awful controls.

Banjo Kazooie 2 was better than the original I must say.
Quote by Ledforthehead

There are so many things wrong with this post.

^I said in my post mentioning JFG that I've been playing it quite a bit recently.
Quote by MuffinMan
I remember that game scaring the shit out of me as a child, but I don't remember why.
Page 1 of 2