I have a dean flying v, and the tips of the wings are in perfect condition, no chips or scratches. the problem is when I put it on a stand, due to the shape of the guitar, the neck is supported properly, but the tips end up sitting on the floor. I have the most common type of stand, with the thing on top that supports the neck and then the piece at the bottom that holds the body.
For anyone that has used a dean or gibson (the body is proportionally equal) flying v, what kind of stand can you use that will keep the guitar from sitting on the floor?
Quote by wafl
i dont have one but probably a wall hanger

Im gonna get one for my house but i need something for playing live
haha wall hanger for sure. I have a rhoads. The uneven length of the wings forces the wall hanger or the case. You could do with a regular stand I think since your wings are the same length.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by apak
haha wall hanger for sure. I have a rhoads. The uneven length of the wings forces the wall hanger or the case. You could do with a regular stand I think since your wings are the same length.

but with the even wings the tips of the wings sit on the floor with a normal stand and thats something I want to fix when playing shows
Quote by Raijouta

This^ works perfect with my ML.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
The hercules stands are the best for odd shape guitars. I have one for my RR5 and it's great.
Peavey 3120
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Cabinet
Jackson RR5
Jackson DKMG
LTD EC-1000
TC Electronic Polytune
BOSS RV-5
BOSS DD-7
MXR 10-band EQ
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby
BOSS NS-2
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+
Yeah I hear great things about those Hercule stands. Personally, I use what some guy sold me for $10?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by apak

I have the same guitar as you, I call my stand Carpet. Yeah, I just set it down on the ground and lean the headstock against the wall.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?