looking for something nice and cheap as a back up guitar
from £100 to £220 ish pounds
i play mellow cleans to BRUTALZZZ
and hot blues
mainly for dropping down to d standard
all makes considered even non mainstream makes
cheers
The LTD 50s series are quite good. I own a M50 and it never disappointed me so far. It's 200€ new, so I guess it's about 150 pounds or so?
Quote by DarkValo666
The LTD 50s series are quite good. I own a M50 and it never disappointed me so far. It's 200€ new, so I guess it's about 150 pounds or so?

More like £199.99?
In UK you could do worse than a Vintage V100 Les Paul (from about £220) or V6S SG type (around £140) or a Cort X2 (£200)
The V100 would be best at the blues end, the SG a nice all-rounder and the X2 more towards the heavies. The only problem with Vintage is that they sometimes come poorly set up.
Would be worth telling us what your prime guitar is and what gear you play through ('cos we're nosey)
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

i have an epiphone les paul custom with seymour duncan sh4jb and bigsby
good quality cheap reliable well rounded set up
i run it through a boss me 70 to a small amp that i mic up or run it straight into a pa depends if im feeling lazy

its very digital lets put it that way but it sounds good if you set it up properly.

yeah i dont mind if the guitar has a crappy stock set up i will change that my self and put better PUPS in it
OH and ide rather prefer hard tails cheers
Last edited by stuartstratford at Dec 19, 2009,
Vintage make a good range i picked up a brand new SG copy on ebay for £98 +p&p (after trying one out in the local music shop)
Quote by stuartstratford
i have an epiphone les paul custom with seymour duncan sh4jb and bigsby
good quality cheap reliable well rounded set up

I thought you wanted a new guitar?
no i need a second guitar for keeping in D standard for live shows i cant just tune down all the time
Quote by stuartstratford
no i need a second guitar for keeping in D standard for live shows i cant just tune down all the time

Well you need to spend a bit more, and on an Agile.
The Vintage will knock spots off your Epi, even with the stock pups, but a pair of Hot Slags is even better.
Sorry Bandana but £150 shipping for an Agile is pointless as Vintage are better anyway.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

oh cool have you ever ordered from rondo music
how much was the shipping and apparently your items arnt insured out side of the US
Quote by Lurcher
The Vintage will knock spots off your Epi, even with the stock pups, but a pair of Hot Slags is even better.
Sorry Bandana but £150 ( ) shipping for an Agile is pointless as Vintage are better anyway.

Sorry I didn't realise it was that much!
not much beats my epi ive the guy in music shop wanting to buy it coz it sustains longer sounds better than a real lp
ill have a look at vintage
Quote by stuartstratford
looking for something nice and cheap as a back up guitar
from £100 to £220 ish pounds
i play mellow cleans to BRUTALZZZ
and hot blues
mainly for dropping down to d standard
all makes considered even non mainstream makes
cheers

You expect to be able to spend 220 pounds, and get a guitar that can do the amazing variety of mellow cleans to BRUTALLZZZLASLAKJDHN and then hot blues at the same time?

mate, either your incredibly cheap or just uninformed.
Guitar - The true Religion