I'm looking to replace my current amp (Marshall MG15DFX) pretty soon and I think the AD5 looks like a nice replacement. I was wondering a few things though:

-How good will it sound compared to my Marshall?
-I'm getting a Boss GT6 for christmas, will the AD5 work well with it?
-How loud is it?

Thanks for your help.
1) Unbelievable
2) yes, but tbh you can usually do better than Multi FX
3) It depends what you think of as loud. Probably as loud as your MG, but much better. Certainly loud enough for bedroom use, ok for jamming around, would struggle to get heard over a drummer
Multi Effects is good enough for what I need it for and the price is great. When I get more into guitar and get more money I'll probably start buying individual stomps'. Plus, my MG can actually be heard over the drummer in our band (he ain't that loud) so if this is the same volume/louder, it'll be fine.
It's a 5W tube. It will sound as loud as the MG15. And the boss gt6 ain't bad. It will be a small step for You but a giant leap for tone
"Steven Seagal is like godzilla for barbies" -> Retard
The Boss GT-6 is brilliant and it should sound great for your (or anoyone's) needs.

Orange AD5 is ****ing amazing.
I dont know if it has an effects loop, but if you're going to use delays, reverbs etc, you'll need one.
Especially if you're going to use the amp's overdrive simultaneously.
The AD5 doesn't have an effects loop (unfortunately) so that might be an issue. . .
Well you could always run the amp clean, and use ONLY the boss for everything.

But i don't know if 5 watts will have enough headroom.

Still, i think it should work well.
These kind of things, you really have to try out for yourself to have any idea.
I was planning on running it clean when using the GT6 as it'd probably sound messy otherwise. Also, my local music shop has one in so I'm going to try (and possible buy) it on tuesday or wednesday this week. Little christmas present too myself
Never tried the AD5 i was looking into them myself a while ago. The reviews are pretty 50/50 on them, some say its great, some say its thin, fizzy and not very comparable to its older brother.

I'd reccomend trying it out have a look around youtube.

I'd also reccomend you look into the Vox AC4.

Also I'd pass on the multi effects, you're better off investing in building a decent pedal board now then wasting your money and having to sell it later for less.
Definately consider the pedal board, however you will easily exceed the cost of your amp in short order. The payoff is much better tone.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
No chance now I'm getting the GT6 no matter what, it's already came I think it'll be fine for now, the reviews I've read of it aren't bad at all and if there's anything holding me back it's probably my guitar.
My friend (who just recently bought a Tiny Terror) owns a GT3 but he's going to sell it and start buying individual pedals. I'm not sure how good the GT3 is but it sounded fine.
what's your budget and what country are you in? i tried the older ad5 a while back (the made in england one), it was quite nice, but it's going to be loud in a bedroom environment. Also, don't buy the multi-fx until you have an amp. you might decide you don't need fx, or you might realise you only need a couple of quality fx boxes.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
As already stated, the GT6 is already here. I live in the UK and my budget is about £250.
oh, i didn't realise that, sorry.

How flexible is that budget? what type(s) of music will you be mainly playing? is it for bedroom use, or gigs, or both?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
No problem. I guess I could go up to £300, but above that would be straining it. I play quite a few varieties of music, from Muse, Bloc Party, Metallica and Blues. Mainly bedroom use, however it would be used during practice sessions but not really gigs. Thanks.
how much metallica, and how badly do you need cleans?

I have one of these: http://www.valvepower.co.uk/ and I'm seriously tempted to recommend it, if you don't play too much metallica and other heavier stuff. it'd be enough for gigs/practice too, and the powerscaling means you can get it down to bedroom volumes. however, it's not particularly versatile (it's a marshall clone), doesn't have too much headroom (you can get it clean at bedroom volume, though), and it's £300 (plus £15 postage) on its own, so you'd also need a cab. I picked up a valve junior cab a while back for £60, but they're not as cheap as they used to be.

Just throwing it out there as an option, if you ask me, it's the best-sounding, highest-quality amp available in the UK for that amount of money, that i've tried, anyway.

something like a laney vc15 or 30 might be worth a look, too, for a bit more versatility and multiple channels, and they're combos so you wouldn't need a cab as well. if you're only running the amp clean and mainly using effects, you could even consider something like a fender pro junior. if you want to crank it up, though, it's going to be loud (15 watts without power scaling- even 5 watts is very loud indeed in a home environment without powerscaling).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks for your input, that looks very good actually. Think it's a little out of my price range though.

I'm going to try out the AD5 then think about it more when I have.
yeah, if you can try something and like it, that's normally the safe option. As long as the only thing you can try isn't like a starter amp, lol.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?