Page 1 of 10
So I saw Avatar in 3D last night..

I strongly reccommend it, one of the best films ive seen in a long time.
The 3D effect was also very good, its subtle but noticable. Defently improves the whole film.

But yeah anyone else seen it? What did you think?
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Plan on going to see it soon. I've liked all of James Cameron's stuff, well most of it.
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

Why do you think that no one has made a thread dedicated to this? Searchbar my friend.

And I'm probably gonna see it IMAX with a mate.
I hope it flops and 3D does not take off. For selfish reasons - I have bad eyesight and no depth perception.
YNWA
Quote by tattyreagh
I hope it flops and 3D does not take off. For selfish reasons - I have bad eyesight and no depth perception.

You only have one eye?

Damn...

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by osXtiger
You only have one eye?
Damn...

Two eyes but I only see out of my right eye when my left is closed. To quote someone's sig, I sometimes think, "That frisbee seems to be travelling towards my face. FFFUUUU-"
Doesn't really affect me in my daily life.
YNWA
Last edited by tattyreagh at Dec 19, 2009,
Quote by tattyreagh
Two eyes but I only see out of my right eye when my left is closed. To quote someone's sig, I sometimes think, "That frisbee seems to be travelling towards my face. FFFUUUU-"

If one of my eyes were practically unusable, I'd wear a black pirate eye patch instantly.
I am a postmodern vegetarian, I eat meat ironically.
Looks like a very standard plot. Terminator and the Abyss were the only movies I liked from him, he seems to be turning into another George Lucas, aka focusing more on style and effects than substance.
I saw it opening midnight. I knew it had to be good if James Cameron was willing to put $300,000,000 into it. It was worth every penny, honestly. The plot was great. The movement was great. The action was great.

Besides the length, I couldn't find any flaws in the movie.

Job well done, James.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
Apparently this movie is somewhat like a modern Fern Gully. If this is true I probably won't stop jizzing as I watch the film.
What is mountains? A mountains has no special shapes or sound!

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

^ Fern Gully meets The Matrix, IMO.

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
I thought Avatar was amazing. However, it is VERY much a 'movie theater' movie, if you get my meaning. It just wouldn't have the same effect on a computer or television screen. Seems as if they pulled a 2012...
Bad.

Fucking.

Ass.

I am so seeing this film. 3D really make it that much better?

Epic Chill Broseph Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join.

Quote by kenan6346
Why do you think that no one has made a thread dedicated to this? Searchbar my friend.

And I'm probably gonna see it IMAX with a mate.

I did search bar actualy and their was nothing

I thought the length was fine, yeah it was long but i enjoyed every minute.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
In the trailer it looks breathtakingly shit imo. It must be better than I imagine though because otherwise it wouldn't be as popular as it is. Might go and see it out of curiosity.
Quote by CFH82
Ejaculate in MY moustache?!

Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.ಠ_ಠ
^yeah, I thought it was shit till I saw it at the premier yesterday.

It's well worth the money. Go watch it lmao.
Quote by 'Leviathan'
I thought Avatar was amazing. However, it is VERY much a 'movie theater' movie, if you get my meaning. It just wouldn't have the same effect on a computer or television screen. Seems as if they pulled a 2012...

Yeah, all special effects and absolutely nothing enamoring about the plot. But give the masses what they want. You didn't really enjoy 2012 did you?
I know the budget is supposedly the largest ever for a film, but from the adverts I've seen it looks pretty mediocre. I think I'm gonna watch it on Monday, not too sure though.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Quote by frankv
300 million dollars? How the fuck could you possibly spend that much on a movie?!

I wonder what the profit margine will be.

Even in this economy, I'm sure it'll make it back.

I honestly thought after I saw it, that I witnessed cinematic history.

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Quote by Zero-Hartman
I know the budget is supposedly the largest ever for a film, but from the adverts I've seen it looks pretty mediocre. I think I'm gonna watch it on Monday, not too sure though.

It's not the largest, but it is 3rd, if not top two.

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Ill admit when I saw the trailer I thought it just looked like a pritty film. But thats cause the trailer gave nothing away.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
I have yet to see it, but it looks like it will be one of those movies where I'll notice the amazing explosions and effects, and forget the mediocre plot.

edit: What is this 3D stuff anyway? Like how is it different?
Last edited by cornmancer at Dec 19, 2009,
Yeah the trailer looks like star wars meets pocahontas only with even more CGI.

I'm gonna watch it though with a flatmate.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
The 3D was good. Its not like the old, red and blue things coming out the screen 3D. (Anyone ever see spy kids 3d? Its not like that lol)

Nothing is 'coming out the screen', everything is done so it like actual 3D. Its hard to explain.
Whenever their were subtitles on screen, those subtitles were clearly 'off' screen. They seemed to float above the picture and not be part of the picture.
Basicly things are like layerd and you can clearly tell what is close to you and whats in the distance.

that probebly made no sense but you just have to see it for yourself. Its subtle but defently improved it. But im sure the 2D version is just as good
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Quote by pak1351
Yeah, all special effects and absolutely nothing enamoring about the plot. But give the masses what they want. You didn't really enjoy 2012 did you?

I liked it FOR its CGI, and mainly because Earth was raped, but I didn't think too highly of the plot, which is where my opinion differs, as Avatar fused an engaging storyline WITH incredible CGI.
Quote by stratele
The 3D was good. Its not like the old, red and blue things coming out the screen 3D. (Anyone ever see spy kids 3d? Its not like that lol)

Nothing is 'coming out the screen', everything is done so it like actual 3D. Its hard to explain.
Whenever their were subtitles on screen, those subtitles were clearly 'off' screen. They seemed to float above the picture and not be part of the picture.
Basicly things are like layerd and you can clearly tell what is close to you and whats in the distance.

that probebly made no sense but you just have to see it for yourself. Its subtle but defently improved it. But im sure the 2D version is just as good

Huh, I might catch it before it leaves theaters or something.
Watched the trailer just now. Looks impressive...the Fern Gully-eque moments were so nostalgic though it actually gave me shivers. And that's just the trailer!

Definitely wanna see this. From what you chaps are saying the story etc is kickass as well as the CGI.

Amazing film; best I've seen in a long time.

I don't usually go watch movies though; so maybe there's something better.

This one was awesome though. Subtle but predictable story-line; amazing graphics; very well written script and the music was well composed.
I just cannot get excited about this movie. Everyone's flipping a shit over it, but apart from the technology I'm not curious about it at all. Maybe I'm just not into that kind of movie right now. After all, I mostly just want to see Fantastic Mr. Fox and Up in the Air. Plus, this'll sound crotchety, but I HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE CGI.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Last edited by VoodooChild15 at Dec 19, 2009,
Quote by stratele
ok thats not the main teaser trailer. But still a lot thats not in their

yeah, sorry. I saw that during SNL a week or two ago, and my roommate is obsessed with the movie and has been talking about it non-stop
Quote by tattyreagh

Doesn't that happen to everyone?
Quote by SmarterChild
Doesn't that happen to everyone?

But then I can hardly see. I have one decent eye and one terrible eye. Thus all round bad sight and little depth perception. Most people have two good eyes, I don't.
YNWA
I thought they'd tried to make the Smurfs all badass but had actually made them all gay when I saw the trailer.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
i found it way to cliche, special effects wer great though, i didnt like the 3d that much cause we had really awkward glasses and it hurt my eyes after a while (+ everybody looked like a rapist wearing them)
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips