So im looking to move south for a change. Ive lived near edinburgh all my life want to live somewhere new.

Where would be the best place to stay in south east england in terms of not too expensive flats, reasonable transport (i like cycling), good music scene (i like playing prog rock and jazz) and somewhere where i can get a job (ive got a degree and 10 years work experience but would take whatever short term).
There are a lot of nice places in the south east but I'd guess that they all have quite high living costs, apart from that I'm sure you'd be able to find somewhere to settle based on the other things.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Dont come to Suffolk, is sucks music wise
Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Laney VC30
Boss DS-2
Quote by korinaflyingv
yep hertfordshire is great. hitchin's a real nice place, got some good venues, with good bands there playing sometimes, it's pretty small though.

wouldnt say hitchins a nice place tbh, i prefere stevenage but its real close.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Brighton, it's brilliant fun and has a great music scene. I live in Burgess Hill which is about ten miles north of Brighton and ten minutes away by train - as well as a fair bit cheaper to live in
the music scene isnt really that big a deal actually the other things are priority. also friendly locals..i know a lot of english folk but just in general if people are as nice as they are in scotland.
friendly locals?

stay the hell away from hertfordshire and most of bedfordshire.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Necr0maniac
Dont come to Suffolk, is sucks music wise

Suffolk sucks everything-wise

I should probably be all partisan and say come to Essex, but that would be silly. So i'm gonna put a word in for Cambridge, that place is bitchin!
Don't live near me.
Definitely agreed with the connections to London. One train goes straight to Liverpool Street. I find the rest of my town nothing special in particular.
There's plenty of places that look really nice and expensive.
Quote by Silver-spear94
friendly locals?

This.
Quote by PeZ546
Suffolk sucks everything-wise

I should probably be all partisan and say come to Essex, but that would be silly. So i'm gonna put a word in for Cambridge, that place is bitchin!

well i like the idea of the cycle culture, groovy students etc but i guess its bloody expensive.
Quote by Silver-spear94
friendly locals?

But in Bedfordshire, you can stand on Lord Hereford's Knob.
Don't come Essex. Just don't
Quote by ldnovelo2
That guy Rhys90 is one of the greatest computer genius out there and we must found a religion to honor him
hertfordshire, bedfordshire, london, essex, suffolk = chavvvvvvy.

stay in scotland or go to wales. lol.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Sir-Shredalot
why?

It's where chavs are spawned
Quote by ldnovelo2
That guy Rhys90 is one of the greatest computer genius out there and we must found a religion to honor him
this is why

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
hertfordshire, bedfordshire, london, essex, suffolk = chavvvvvvy.

stay in scotland or go to wales. lol.

everywhere is chavvy tbh. cant go to tesco without some little chav starting shit. and i look a bit psycho as well.
i live in hertfordshire

ive broken many noses, none of which i intended to. maybe i should start playing more ET:QW and less going outside.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Stay up in jock land, you kilt wearing nonce

I kid, I kid, but isn't anywhere in south east England that isn't London just sleeper villiages full of commuters? Most boring place in the country the south east
Quote by nigeltheginger
Brighton, it's brilliant fun and has a great music scene. I live in Burgess Hill which is about ten miles north of Brighton and ten minutes away by train - as well as a fair bit cheaper to live in

I was in Brighton on Thursday night to see Paramore, awesome gig! The snow put a stop to my plans to drive home though.

I'm gonna throw in my 2 cents and say Berkshire or Hampshire...pretty close to London and so many venues within an hours travel time. Plus there's quite a lot of job opportunities in the city and surrounding area. Oh, and if it's your thing, Reading fest is a 15 minute drive from me and Sonisphere about 45 mins
Guitars: PRS Custom 24, PRS EG3, PRS Santana SE, PRS Tremonti SE, ESP-LTD M-200FM

Acoustics: Maton EM225C, Washburn WD-42S, Ovation Tangent

Amps: Peavey 5150 Mk 1, Randall V2, Marshall JCM2000 DSL100

Cab: Framus FR212
Essex isn't that bad, not where I live anyway, it's mild compared to other parts.
chavs are all over.

just in scotland they have an even funnier name. You havent heard a chav until you've heard them trying to say 'init' or 'blud' in a scottish accent and make it sound threatening.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by PeZ546
What bit do you live in?

Well the nearest "big" town on a map would be Romford, about 5 minutes away from there.
Come to Buckinghamshire, it's great. Stay away from Aylesbury, but Milton Keynes is good.