I'm looking for something between £500-£1000 and these are the guitars i've got my eye on:
Ibanez RG1550m
Schecter
The slight snag is that i've been cursed with left-handedness which really restricts my options... I was gonna go for one of the Dean MAB's but after a couple of months of looking around i've been unlucky finding almost any signature guitars made for lefties.
I'm looking for a guitar that not everybody has which is why i'm not going doing the strat route but I thought i'd see if anybody had any other suggestions as to what guitar to buy or if anybody has played either of these two and is willing to let me know the pro's and cons of them.
"Kiss Away The Pain And Leave Me Lonely. I'll never Know If Love's A Lie" - The Idol, W.A.S.P
Schecter, i love their guitars, for the price you pay on certain models you can get one heck of a guitar for a not so high price, although some of the lower end models may not be to impressive, it seems that your budget is pretty big so i would say a high end schecter such as the hellraiser or something would be good
Gear
Schecter Hellraiser
Custom Built Les Paul
Ibanez Rg5ex1
line 6 DI-silver
Bugera 6260
line 6 spider ii

To Set The Ocean On fire

Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends
The hellraiser is definately one i'm considering, it's probably that model or the ibanez. Ibanez is gonna cost me £735 and the Schecter is gonna cost me £570 so there's quite a difference in price, would you definately recommend the Schecter then?
"Kiss Away The Pain And Leave Me Lonely. I'll never Know If Love's A Lie" - The Idol, W.A.S.P
The schecter will look better on paper but I would bet a lot of money that the Ibanez will be built better and will (to most people) feel better.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
1000 GBP is like 2000 USD, right? If you've got that kind of money, get a Jackson SL1 or RR1. I'm sure you can find a lefty.
depends what the prices are like there. An RR1 here would be around $4500
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Just found a used lefty Jackson USA Soloist on ebay.co.uk. Starting bid was 999 GBP. The listing has ended, but you can definitely find another one on ebay.
Had a look at Jackson soloists and they are also pretty tempting. Not to fond of the shape of Jackson RR series though so if I go with Jackson it will be one of the soloist seriest. So basically i'm now considering:
Ibanez 1550 - can get it for around £700
Schecter Hellraiser - can get it for about £600
Jackson SL2 - can find it for around £900
Which would be the most reliable?
Which has a better sound?
The 1550 is a helluvah guitar, but I'd go with the Jackson. To me, a Jackson USA series really can't be beat.
I found that the Ibanez is best quality. I say remove the Schecter from the equation as it's the worse one out of the bunch. The others will also be better for hair metal. It comes down to personal preference as the necks are pretty different. Some people prefer basswood and others prefer alder. You can't go wrong with either.
thanks for all the info it's been a real help, i'll make the difficult decision between the Jackson or the Ibanez. I think i'll get the Ibanez over the Jackson at the moment mainly because I can get it for a good £100 or so cheaper but I may still go or the Jackson.
I hate hard decisions haha
I ended up getting an Ibanez RG570, got it used for £450 and it's from '89 (cost £1000 when it came out). I've replaced the Dimarzio humbuckers it came with, with an EVH frankenstein pickup in the bridge position and then a Dean MAB Hands Without Shadows for the neck position, i've kept the dimarzio single coil because I just loved the sound of it. It plays like a dream and sounds like a nightmare (in a good way).
Quote by HairMetal-IsGod
I ended up getting an Ibanez RG570, got it used for £450 and it's from '89 (cost £1000 when it came out). I've replaced the Dimarzio humbuckers it came with, with an EVH frankenstein pickup in the bridge position and then a Dean MAB Hands Without Shadows for the neck position, i've kept the dimarzio single coil because I just loved the sound of it. It plays like a dream and sounds like a nightmare (in a good way).

Just keep the Dimarzio's, so if you ever decide you need to sell it you can get alot more for it being all original.
My friend has a Schecter and it's great. The quality is really good for how much you pay, some people like to complain because they don't have expensive guitars like Gibson does but frankly why pay more for a guitar when you can get a good quality one for less, ya know.
But yeah, those are good for metal.
I dunno about the Ibanez alot, whether or not that's a shred guitar, the one you're looking at though I'm pretty sure they're mainly shred.
Ibanez have thin necks for fast playing. It's very helpful. But keep in mind that Ibanez stock pickups aren't great and would sound better with upgrades.

Schecters don't have the thinnest necks but Hellraisers and the Diamond series sound amazing.
I have a similar query, im not sure whether to go Ibanez Rg, Jack warrior/RR or maybe even BC Rich warlock or warbeast. I play mainly metal like Children of Bodom and Metallica. Budget 500 pounds to 1500pounds
Quote by theandyguthrie
I have a similar query, im not sure whether to go Ibanez Rg, Jack warrior/RR or maybe even BC Rich warlock or warbeast. I play mainly metal like Children of Bodom and Metallica. Budget 500 pounds to 1500pounds

Make your own thread.
I don't know what left handed shecter guitars there are but I recently bought a shecter Damien Floyd rose and the price of the guitar amazed me. It was only $429 USD. When I picked up the guitar and started playing it, i thought it would be around $600 because it played so well, it wad extremely comfortable, the body looked nice, and it had EMG H-Z in it.
I would really suggest checking out shecter.
Quote by tubetime86
Generally when I step in something utterly foul, such as dog shit, I take care of it before even entering my house
Quote by tubetime86
As a poorly trained, and grossly underqualified psychologist I suggest you lick the sole of all the shoes you own and get over it.
I think for playing metallica and you're better to go with the jackson or the ibanez, BC Rich's sound heavier but don't play as well as the other two and if you're wanting to do metallica solos you're better going for an ibanez or the jackson.
Btw have kept the dimarzio's so if I do ever sell it which I probably won't i'll get more for it