So guys, I've decided the pedal I really need is a delay, to thicken and make my sound more lively.
I'm going for a David Gilmour tone, as well as the slightly heavier stuff of Blue Oyster Cult.
I'm buying used, and it'll have to be off e bay, because I'm in the uk, and Craigslist is terrible here.

My budget is around £50-80, depending on how much I get for Christmas and my Birthday.

I also might be getting an OD, for the same needs, same place, and same budget.

Thanks.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
ehx memory toy, or modtone vintage analog.
Quote by illuminatiano
do not go on guitar forums

there are drugs there

( and ololol there are )
The Malekko Ekko 616 is about £105, but I would look at the Electro-Harmonix Memory Boy.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
ibanez ad-9 for delay. not sure exactly what it goes for over there, but if i had to guess it would fall into your range. maybe a mxr carbon copy, though im not sure you would want the modulation. you could easily pick up a boss dd-3 for that, though thats not what i would go for. gilmour and BOC seem more like an analog delay kinda sound to me.
^ much more, unfortunately, ditto the mxr.

if you're in no rush, it might be worth waiting for the tonerider analogue delay to be released. I've tried the chorus, and it's great (and £60). if the delay is of similar quality, and a similar price, would be worth a try.

edit: for the od, you could also consider tonerider, they do one based on a tubescreamer for £60. Haven't tried it, hear good things. Might also be worth considering those dano cool cats, but i haven't tried them yet. i also have a biyang overdrive, which is very nice- again, tubescreamery, but with more options and swappable chips. However, although my od has been fine, my other biyang pedals have been a bit dodgy in the reliability stakes. Not sure if i'd recommend them or not, kind of thing, they're nice when they work if you're willing to take a chance, lol.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Dec 19, 2009,
Electro Harmonix Memory Toy is a great pedal IMO. The boy has a few more features, but if you just want straight up delay, the Toy is a cheap and great choice.
Quote by AlanHB
As for the guitarist being a wanker - he's a guitarist. Get used to it.
Quote by gnaraaron
ehx memory toy, or modtone vintage analog.

Are these actually any good? I mean, they've got chorus, delay and vibrato options? It seems like a lot for the money, if you know what I mean. (I'm thinking in the sense of a Spider...) Sure, it seems good on paper, but is it?

It's only Sixty-Nine pounds new...
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by LezPaulEpiphone
Are these actually any good? I mean, they've got chorus, delay and vibrato options? It seems like a lot for the money, if you know what I mean. (I'm thinking in the sense of a Spider...) Sure, it seems good on paper, but is it?

It's only Sixty-Nine pounds new...

I played one for 2 hours at my local SamAsh, and it's now sitting under my christmas tree for the 25th. It's a great pedal, especially considering how little cash it is. I'd say the chorus and vibrato are more tweakable with the boy, but if you're just going for the delay, the toy is the same as the boy...
Quote by AlanHB
As for the guitarist being a wanker - he's a guitarist. Get used to it.
Quote by itstheman
I played one for 2 hours at my local SamAsh, and it's now sitting under my christmas tree for the 25th. It's a great pedal, especially considering how little cash it is. I'd say the chorus and vibrato are more tweakable with the boy, but if you're just going for the delay, the toy is the same as the boy...

Thank you, I think I'm pretty sold now. Clips sound great.

One more question, is it worth the extra £ to get the boy over the toy?
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
^You get the extra depth control for the modulation effects and the expression pedal input.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly