I've been playing guitar for like 5 years and I still have my starter amp.
I want to get a new one but I don't know whats good for the money I want to spend, my budget is about 100-150 pounds sterling.
My favourite sounds from bands are Velvet Underground and Jack White's sound in the white stripes.

So what'd be a good amp to get? And what should I stay away from as so I dont get mocked?
Thanks
Get a little peavey vypyr.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
yeah dude save up some more
Esp Eclipse II
Fender Strat LoneStar
Martin D35 Custom Shop
Vox Night Train
Vox Heritage cab 1x12
Yeah I do gig, but I can use a mates for that. The reason i say 100-150 is because my money always gets wasted on bills and other living costs before i can save any more, so im looking for just a step up really, to get some good, different sounds, but if you think It's worth saving up I'll try
vox valvetronix, maybe? EDIT: only problem is, modellers will be best at your price range for a range of sounds, but i think jack white uses fuzz a lot (not a major fan of the white stripes). not sure how well fuzz pedals will work with a modeller...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
TS, if you want lots of different sounds for cheap look at the Peavey Vypyr and Vox Valvetronix.

Personally I really liked the Peavey Vypyr.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
I'd go for the Line 6 Spider IV. It's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than the spider III. Trust me, you won't be dissappointed.

that or an MG

breh
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20