Hi all, my family was thinkin of getting a dog.
And i was wondering if dogs and guitar gear work good togehter?
I have alot of pedals on the floor. Do they bite on cables, pedals??
Scratch the guitars??

Anyone here that has a dog that can tell me a little about it, i don't want to have damaged guitar gear...
You might have to get a Noise Suppressor. They make loud feedback when you plug your patch cable in.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
my dog has never bothered my guitar stuff. she kinda lays around all day. depends on the dog. if yur dog likes to screw with yur guitar shit just put it all away somewhere when yur done
TOMAHAWK!

"Now I think I understand how this world can overcome a man..."

R.I.P.
James THE REV Sullivan
If it's a puppy, chances are yes, it will chew on stuff. SOme older dogs, too. My guitar stuff is away from my dogs, and anything small up off the floor where they can't reach- guitars in a hard case, picks/tuner/pedals in a drawer, amp turned to the wall so the electrical plug isn't hanging out to chew on.

PROTIP- get a female dog- they don't lift their legs and pee into your amp / cabinet.
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

SWINE FLU FREE SINCE 1974
My dog can play guitar
Ok, she can't really hold a fret down, but she can sort of pluck a string
nah just play loud and let him see them amp and put all your stuff behind it
What? This is my sig...

Gear:

Guitar(s)
Silvertone: Revolver

Guitar FX
Boss ME:70

Amps/Speakers

Silvertone 15 watt amp
Logitech Practice Speakers

Cables
1 Neutrik 15ft cable
1 First Act 4 ft cable
my dogs have never so much gone into the room where i play guitar. they are very good at knowing their boundarys.
Then again, i cant really speak for all dogs. Just like people. they will have different personalities.
In my opinion, i say you go for it. Having a dog is worth far more than a couple chewed up patch cords.
How about a high five?

My Gear
Ibanez RG320
Schecter Demon 7
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider III 30
Bugera 6262/Peavey 412 cabinet
My dog hates it when I play through my MG15CDR. Of course, I also hate it when I play through my MG15CDR so...take from that what you will.

She's never chewed on any of my gear but that doesnt mean anything. If you get a dog that likes to chew you never know what's going to happen.
Gibson Les Paul BFG Gator
Line6 James Tyler Variax JTV-69
Line6 Pod HD500
Blackheart Handsome Devil
I have Dobermanns and they leave my shit alone for the most part. Unless I am playing on the couch or something and they'll come and lick my guitar.
I have 3 dogs in various sizes, biggest is a german shepherd. None of them have ever touched my guitars/accessories. But they have obviously tried. Just teach them early on that it's a big nono. Smack them if necessary.
People are bastards. Bastardcoated bastards with bastardfilling.
Also, it should be said that I love dogs. they are probably my favorite thing.

problem solved
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
My dog is very crazy but shes never done any thing to my guitar stuff. all she does is lay on the cables. I guess it gives her a massage or something but just to be safe you should put your stuff where the dog cant get it.
My dog only goes near my guitar stuff when I'm playing. Other than that she stays away.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
My dog doesn't chew on any of my gear. He just sniffs it for a while when I get a new piece of equipment. Although he hates when I play my guitar. He screams at the door to be let out except for one time I was playing a nice soft song (don't remember which however) and he seemed to enjoy it and laid down and fell asleep.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

my lab only chews on her toys, shes insanely smart though

just put your guitar equipment in a room that you can close the door
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
i have a lot of guitar gear and the dog doesnt mess with it but i happen to be the dog

████████████████████

███████████████████████
███████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████████

█████████████████████

█████████████████████

███████████████████

█████████████████████

████████████████████
Quote by wesselbindt
Some dogs get really scared of acoustic guitars, some just get mad, some don't care.
Depends on the dog, really.

my dog fears and respects my acoustic guitar. It's kinda funny. When I play, he runs away.
"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

e-married to zgr0826
I once had a really big, really hyper puppy. He knocked over my dad's strat (now my strat). The nut broke, but nothing major.
My dog chewed through my good cable before she finally got over her chewing phase.

Just make sure you buy toys and things for it to gnaw on, which should prevent it from chewing on anything else, too.