Hi, I want to start doing some cool recordings with my band. Recordings that will sound professional enough to people listen to it, our songs are great, but we are broke.
We have some songs we recorded on a crappy studio, and people liked the songs. But they honestly told us that the recording was ****in shit, and if they heard our songs without knowing it was our, they'd just skip the song, because you don't feel like listening to a song that is at a low volume, even if you crank the volume.
We have plenty of fans in our city and in the cities around.

Well, I've got a boss recorder, its a br 1900. I like what I can do with it. But only with the boss, I cant do a cool job. I'm thinking about buying a pair of good flat studio monitors. What you guys suggest me?

My thought is, use the boss to record the voice, and guitars/bass. And EZ drummer for drums.
And edit all of this with a freeware (I need some suggests on this too).
What specs my PC need to ****in stop beeing lazy ass, and slow, when running EZ drummer and reaper?
My PC is AMD Sempron 2800+ 1.60 GHz, 512MB ram, 80gb hd.
THANKS
Quote by Junnage
GuitarUser knows what's up*

Quote by SimplyBen
I agree with GuitarUser

Quote by travs2448
digital amps are like Fapping, its good but nothings like the real thing.
dude all i know is if you bench out 60 bucks at wal-mart for a 2gb ram addon thing,and if you look at i think either musiciansfriend or sweetwater.com they have recording packages for pretty cheap with software or just moniters and mics.so ya that might help you!
Well I too made my own small studio, and I'm going to start by saying upgrade the crap out of that computer. I'm using 3gbs of ram and a 2.5 ghz processor and my computer still doesnt work perfectly all the time. Also get and external hard drive. I use a 1tb for my music.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
There are a few guides in the articles section on how to make good home recordings. As far as a PC, you're going to need something with a bit more processing power and a good amount of RAM. Try to upgrade to 4 gigs. Even more important, you want something with a sound card adequate for recording. Should have a direct input line and such, and a good amount of dedicated memory.
If you want a good professional DAW, and don't mind searching a bit. There are good torrents for Sonar, Cubase, ACID, and even Protools, though they might not be the latest version.
thanks!
so, upgrading the computer is the best right now?
I already have professional mics...
Quote by Junnage

Quote by SimplyBen
I agree with GuitarUser

Quote by travs2448
To get some decent recordings that require the least amount of money:

-EZDrummer (simply because the cost of micing up a drum set is a lot)
-Shure SM57 for guitars
-Audio Interface (This one is pretty good for the price IMO)
-Direct box for bass (The Radial Pro DI is highly suggested around the web for people on a budget)
-I don't know much about vocal recording, but the Audio-Technica AT2020 seems to be suggested a lot around here.

For the editing/recording (sequencer) I would suggest Reaper. It's free and is easy to use.
Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON at Dec 20, 2009,
thanks man.. i have a sm 57 copy, works cool. but my 'soundboard' sucks

is the m audio interface better than this one you've mentioned?
Quote by Junnage

Quote by SimplyBen
I agree with GuitarUser

Quote by travs2448
Last edited by GuitarUser at Dec 20, 2009,
i actually use the lexicon lambada for demoing, cubase is a memory hog of a recording software but it is nice having 48 tracks. 1 thing is just dubbing will help alot on distorted guitars, meaing 1 track is your heaviest distortion playing your riffs then use a lighter distortion over it on another track to thicken the sound, for cleans i tend to compress cleans to make them sound bigger and less like a tin can, theres alot of tricks like that, also mic placement has a big part of your sound i try to find the exact center of the cone buy opening the back of the cab and shining a flashlight through. idk theres a lot of cool tricks ive picked up
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Quote by GuitarUser
thanks man.. i have a sm 57 copy, works cool. but my 'soundboard' sucks

is the m audio interface better than this one you've mentioned?
The M-Audio Fast Track is another good option.

Whatever audio interface you get, make sure you get one with phantom power.
Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON at Dec 20, 2009,
Edirol UA 25 ex interface is awesome.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
My friend has a notebook. Here goes the set
intel cor DUO T5250 1.50 GHz 1.50 GHz, 2,00 GB RAM
is it good for recordings?

Actually I'm not gonna record anything into the computer on the fly, I'll record with my boss thing, and then just edit with the Reaper.
Quote by Junnage

Quote by SimplyBen
I agree with GuitarUser

Quote by travs2448
:p
Quote by Junnage

Quote by SimplyBen
I agree with GuitarUser

Quote by travs2448
Quote by GuitarUser
My friend has a notebook. Here goes the set
intel cor DUO T5250 1.50 GHz 1.50 GHz, 2,00 GB RAM
is it good for recordings?

Actually I'm not gonna record anything into the computer on the fly, I'll record with my boss thing, and then just edit with the Reaper.

I may not know much as far as production etc, but I at least know a bit of getting yourself together an acceptable rig

Do your comp justice and set it aside. that notebook is not going to do much good either. getting a decent rig is going to set you back by at least 500, and thats with already having a case and monitor in stow. A motherboard with an acceptable pipeline and to get you into the quad core goodies, were already past the 350$ mark, RAM with a good track record for latency, a pair of 2 gigs could go around for 50$ , I'd suggest getting at least 4g's, and a 1tb HDD will set you back another 80.

comes up at about $500, and you're still without an audio interface.
newegg is your friend, build pcs in the past? not too hard, and at this point, it's recommended. don't dare buy a pc at the store >_<

As far as an OS XP x64 has done nothing but good for me.

although as far as a quad core, you could settle for at least a 3g dual core... in my case with using impulses I can't have more than 4 tracks with a pair of IR's each without experiencing some stalling, and if you get into any sorta sampler, you'll want a decent enough processor.
Last edited by Night at Dec 23, 2009,