im in the market for a new guitar and ya know i might as well go used and save some money, so where are the best places to find a good deal on a used guitar? anything else than ebay and craigslist?
Ive had good luck at pawnshops
Gear
Bogner Alchemist
Fender Eric Johnson Signature Strat
Fender ESM-10 Mini-Jumbo
BC Rich NJ Bich
You can occasionall find a pawnshop gem, but it's pretty rare. Also, check out estate sales, police auctions, and garage sales. They're all longshots, but give it a go. You might get lucky.
Pawnshops if they dont know what there talking about. Sometimes they can rip you off. Craigslist would be your best bet
I got a nice Epiphone at a yard sale for $75.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Used.guitarcenter.com

Most stores will ship their used guitars for around $15. Hard to believe but over the past year or so I've found better deals on used stuff from GC than anywhere else.
Quote by webwarmiller
Used.guitarcenter.com

Most stores will ship their used guitars for around $15. Hard to believe but over the past year or so I've found better deals on used stuff from GC than anywhere else.

I kinda thought you were joking, But your right! There are some fantastic deals on there! Haha. You just helped me more than TS I believe!!
Quote by Awfulplayer
You can occasionall find a pawnshop gem, but it's pretty rare. Also, check out estate sales, police auctions, and garage sales. They're all longshots, but give it a go. You might get lucky.

I never use to frequent pawnshops until recently because two of my American strats were stolen. Actually my Squire strat was also but I found that one in a pawn shop. However I had no luck finding my two other American strats in pawn shops, guitar stores, Ebay or Craigslist. It is driving crazy.......

But anyhow going to pawn shops all over everywhere I see now that good guitars are hardly ever in pawnshops 98% of the guitars are cheapo crappo guitars. It irks the f*** out of me that those bastards pawned my Squire but not my two good guitars. The f***ers that stole them aren't knowledgeable about guitars either because they didn't steal my Mesa or Marshall head but took my $300 TV instead. I guess I'm lucky that way.

Seeing what prices were listed for items at those pawnshops they aren't great prices either although I guess you can haggle with them but those pawnshops list stuff like a new item would go for.
so on guitar center can someone explain it to me? you can buy the guitar online and any store can send you it by mail(by that store)? and is the stars mean how good condition? and how do you know if it is a pos or good guitar they have no description?
Quote by bigjuice_7
so on guitar center can someone explain it to me? you can buy the guitar online and any store can send you it by mail(by that store)? and is the stars mean how good condition? and how do you know if it is a pos or good guitar they have no description?

I would contact the store manager and request more info and pics.
Quote by bigjuice_7

You need to call the store and talk to the manager. You can't complete the purchase purely online. I generally ask a ton of questions and I've yet to be let down when it arrives. If it's got a trem, make sure the arm is included (if you don't already have a ton lying around). If it's a Floyd make sure all the pieces are there such as the lock nut, string blocks etc. Ask about fretwear and so forth.

Here's a current steal of a deal....

SOLIDBODY ELECTRIC
USED OLP SIGNATURE SERIES ELEC GTR RED
Details » Guitars Guitar Center Des Moines
West Des Moines, Iowa 50266
515-267-9501
$80.00
Quote by bigjuice_7
ok sweet so do you go to the store and pay for it or do they ship it?

If local I'll go and play it, else I'll have them ship it (12-15 dollars).
Quote by bigjuice_7
ok, they surprisingly have great deals thanks

If you check there a lot (I check 'just arived' daily) you will come to realize that certain GC's are consistently pricing their used gear agressively while others are always overpriced. Here in DFW, the Plano store usually has the better deals.