Hi. for christmas, i have bought a line 6 spider 4 15 watt amplifier. This amplifier has built-in tuning systems. Now, the only amp i have ever had is a basic beginers amp, as ive only played for 7 months, so i have no idea how to use this tuning system. MY question is how does it work and how do you use it? also, does it only tue to standard, or can it be programmed to go into other tunings?
it's not rocket science. You pluck a string and the tuner tells u the current note. So You tune up or down to find what You want. That works for all tunings.
"Steven Seagal is like godzilla for barbies" -> Retard
Ah, i think you're thinking im talking about a tuner with a scree saying the note on it everytime you pluck a string. i have this amp with a line of lights, which when u pluck a string, the light moves across the line?
Instead of a screen showing your current note, I assume you'll get a line of LEDs (one for each note) and a few more LEDs showing whether you're above or below that note. Same way as the answer above, except LEDs show your current note instead of a screen.
you hold down the little blinking thingy, turn up the volume on your guitar. and whammo, you did it. your parents will be proud.
Member of The 7 String Legion

Peavey Triple X Head
Mahieu 4x12 Cab (celestion g12t-75)
Gibson Vixen
Schecter C-1 Classic
Various Pedals, and Guitars.
Quote by AxSilentxLine
Someone who owns a 120W Spider III shouldn't ask such questions...

no need to be rude

i'm trying to sell the thing, because i'm ashamed to own one.
Member of The 7 String Legion

Peavey Triple X Head
Mahieu 4x12 Cab (celestion g12t-75)
Gibson Vixen
Schecter C-1 Classic
Various Pedals, and Guitars.
Way to be assholes guys, he said he's a beginner and he just bought a new amp. Take it out on him for not being as knowledgeable as all of you..

TS, If you could post pictures of the tuning system on the amp that would help. Or you could just buy a separate tuner.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
There should be red lights, and one green light in the middle, right?

If that's the case, when the note is in tune the light should go to the middle green one, if it's on the right (in the red zone), tune down, and vice versa.
This is the amp. the 4 buttons at the top left are the LEDs that you mention:
I'm assuming the colors light up with green in the middle and red on both sides?

If the lights are red, the string is either sharp or flat. The right side will be sharp; left, flat. Middle should be green. When the light moves to the green, it's in tune. If there's red and green, it's not in tune.

Straight up green = good to go. Any type of red = no go.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--