I hate this amp. The cleans aren't clean at all, and the distortion is too mucky. I'm not sure if its just my model, but to my ears it sounds REALLY bassy.

I can't play with it, everything just sounds wrong. and I have no idea how to get it to sound better. I've messed with the EQ for days and have gotten no results.

I'm looking to play predominantly hard rock and blues, and a little metal: Clapton, Zeppelin, Hendrix, SRV, Aerosmith, Van Halen, Guns N' Roses, Pink Floyd, Metallica, Megadeth, Osbourne.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
The Bible is awesome. Revelation is so badass, I mean, dragons and angels and the devil having an epic battle in the clouds? Badass.
The key to coaxing good tone out of a unpleasant amp is all in the hands, young grasshopper...
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
i suggest a multi-effects pedal - they have loads of amp sims in em' and mine (I have 3) sound great with my SS amps.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
It is super bassy. I used to have one. It gets really punchy. Just lower the bass and treble and raise the mids is all I can say. I actually liked the bassiness of it. I had bass on 8, treble on 5, and mids at 7, gain at 8.5 Pedals fail on the frontman hahaa.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Quote by apak
It is super bassy. I used to have one. It gets really punchy. Just lower the bass and treble and raise the mids is all I can say. I actually liked the bassiness of it. I had bass on 8, treble on 5, and mids at 7, gain at 8.5 Pedals fail on the frontman hahaa.

a guitarist I know also runs his bass at 8, and his manages to sound quite nice. although he is running a strat through it, I'm running a les paul, I have no idea if that effect things :P

what did you set your volumes at? I'll try your setting, see how it works.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
The Bible is awesome. Revelation is so badass, I mean, dragons and angels and the devil having an epic battle in the clouds? Badass.
Let your ears be your guide, and venture ever-forward into the world of tone.
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
Let your ears be your guide, and venture ever-forward into the world of tone.

tone isn't so much the problem. its the distortion. I cant set it up properly; it either goes waaaay to muddy and dirty or too clean for the styles I'm playing.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
I actually managed to coax a nice Hendrixesque fuzz tone out of my Frontman with a Digitech Screamin Blues. The key to the amp is not using too much gain, you might think that you need the gain at about 7 or 8 but really you prolly shouldn't go above 5. Thats my experience with it at least.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
+1

The distortion on these amps is not the greatest so what I did was run pedals through the clean channel.
+2

Same here. The cleans are usable, but the distortion is lacking.

I'd also suggest a speaker swap, but it might not be worth it.
Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON at Dec 19, 2009,
thats the way to do it, my green muff sounded pretty good through mine.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}