OK im a complete begginer to recording yet not a begginer to making music, and i would like to ask you guys a lot of questions about recording

im getting a laptop which i will be using to record.

im thinking about using cubase as im familiar with it so thats simple

using a decent recording mic, how would i record from my amp to my computer? what stuff is needed?

also..

is it possible and how would i get the effects from guitar rig (if i got it) and then play it into cubase?? like could i record on guitar rig than transfer the recording to cubase??

i would use guitar rig for the nice lead tones etc.

should i bother with guitar rig?

i would then add bass and drums from cubase onto the song.

im only 14 years old so go easy on me :P

oh yeah a quick video of my ability remember 14 years old so no harsh comments http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SBBNSWuqCI
First you shouldn't get a laptop, get a desktop - has more power. Also, you could record you guitar two ways:

1) Direct in through the computer. You'd get a wire you'd use to send the output of your effects into your computer.

2) You use your amp normally but you put a mic in front of your amp and hook that mic into a recording interface such as M audio and run that into cubase. (I prefer this because there's less hiss).
You need a pre-amp for your mic (preferably an Shure SM-57 mic if you're going to mic your amp). But I suggest direct recording and guitar amp modeling at your stage.

Either way, there's a complete guide on this so I don't think I need to repeat everything.
thanks guys, iv read the guide i found it hard to understand and i still want the questions bout guitar rig answered pleaseee can you guys send me links of the products i will need to get then to record, if i go with plugging my guitar straight into the computer (option one) how will i get the sound i want from my amp? how does it work?/

thanks alot
Quote by TheShizzNizz
thanks guys, iv read the guide i found it hard to understand and i still want the questions bout guitar rig answered pleaseee can you guys send me links of the products i will need to get then to record, if i go with plugging my guitar straight into the computer (option one) how will i get the sound i want from my amp? how does it work?/

thanks alot

I would recommend guitar rig. I have guitar rig 3 and its ok, nothign great. If your gonna get a software like the that get pod farm, youll get much better results.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PODStuGX/
that has the interface AND the software. that should be a good start for you.
so could i use one of the pod farm settings as a plugin on cubase? so i plug my guitar into it and record onto cu base with the setting off pod farm??

thanks
I don't recommend Cubase as your first DAW. I found that it wasn't as user friendly as the others. I would give Reaper a shot. Its free and very easy to use
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by TheShizzNizz
so could i use one of the pod farm settings as a plugin on cubase? so i plug my guitar into it and record onto cu base with the setting off pod farm??

thanks

yep and I found Cubase easy to work with. I've been using it since SX1 and it's sweet. Reaper's good too - they all do the same thing basically.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
thanks guys i might try both cubase though i use at school so i reacon i wuold be quite good with it (remember im only 14 :L)

but i do i need this ilok thing as well what ever that is??

thanks guys