I have a Jackson DXMG and am considering getting a ec 1000 I intend on keeping the Jackson but should I get a guitar with no floyd? Give me some inspiration either way.
Metal? Jazz? Metal AND Jazz
Jackson DXMG
Jackson JS30RR
Peavey 5150 Combo 2x12(Loudest 2x12 ever)
Boss Noise Suppressor
CFH Wah
Jackson Demmelition King V(I wish)
Well if you already have a guitar with a floyd try a stop tail. The benefits of changing tunings easier to me is great. I personally would go stop tail. But if you stay in one tuning, or even Two, just get another floyd equipped guitar, and keep them in separate tunings.
I much prefer guitars without a floating trem, I don't tend to use them enough to justify the extra hassle.

Plus a good Les Paul is better on every front than any of the 'omgshred' guitars.
ultimate-guitar is for idiots.
I f you drop tune and already have one on the Jacskon I would get a hardtail, that said I like to have a floyd on everything and put a tremsetter on for drop tunings if i need them.
Quote by firetothemax
I much prefer guitars without a floating trem, I don't tend to use them enough to justify the extra hassle.

Plus a good Les Paul is better on every front than any of the 'omgshred' guitars.

lol, you're way too ignorant for your own good.
Orange Enthousiast.
you already have one guitar with floyd so another one will be pointless unless you use it in other tunings.
The advantage of a guitar without floyd is that you can change tunings pretty fast without doing a ritual like the floyd.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Quote by TTC
lol, you're way too ignorant for your own good.

Use Opinionated instead of ignorant. I agree with him personally. I Much prefer a les paul to any floyd equipped guitar. That doesnt make us ignorant.
I like all of my guitars to be different, right now I have a Strat, a hardtail Carvin, and a Caparison with a floyd. I'd get a hardtail if I were you. But if you love the floyd on your Jackson and it's an integral part of your sound you may want another guitar with a floyd.
Quote by firetothemax

I dunno man, my Caparison is about as 'omgshred' as you can get and it's far better, quality and playability wise, than any LP or LP copy I've tried.
Last edited by stratman7 at Dec 19, 2009,
Well thank you for the comments.The reason I posted this is because I recently played an ec1000 and felt that picking speed while palm muting was much more accurate. Would you guys say that has happened to you as well?
Metal? Jazz? Metal AND Jazz
Jackson DXMG
Jackson JS30RR
Peavey 5150 Combo 2x12(Loudest 2x12 ever)
Boss Noise Suppressor
CFH Wah
Jackson Demmelition King V(I wish)
Quote by flyingcheckmark
Well thank you for the comments.The reason I posted this is because I recently played an ec1000 and felt that picking speed while palm muting was much more accurate. Would you guys say that has happened to you as well?

If you found it easier to play on, and you were more accurate, then getting it will be a great choice. Even better if you get that particular one. Floyd or not.
I've never had a guitar that's made me play better, but guitars with floyds make me play worse. That big block with the fine-tuners kind of gets in my way, and I can't seem to find the right places for pinch harmonics. But that's just me.

Floyds are good if you actually use them a lot. If you don't, they're an unnecessary hassle. I agree with the notion that since you already have a guitar with a floyd, you could get a hardtail one just for variety.
Quote by flyingcheckmark

Not really, you shouldn't find yourself playing worse with either type of bridge really. Though floyds can be a bit picky with double stops and bends and even palm muting for those who are new to them you should be able to play just as well on both though it varies with people. But yeah if you preferred the hard tail then go for it man.