So i recently became able to record my guitar playing and singing on my computer and id say ihave enough stuff to record a whole album or at least an EP,problem is that i have no drums or a bass,and i dont want the songs to sound incomplete,anyone know any program that would allow me to make the drum beats and basslines for my songs???
Quote by JacobTheMe
One time I saw a flower and said "Thats pretty."

My dad responded "Pretty gay..."

Guitar pro, but they sound computer generated. You can use Fruitloops for drum beats but i don't know how good it is, i've never used it. You should buy a cheap bass and record your own, it's more fun learning a new instrument.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

I Have FL studio but i have no idea how to use it as for guitar pro i also have it but idk how to make beats or anything with it,andi do know how to play bass and drums im just broke so buying isnt an option
Quote by JacobTheMe

Quote by TheSecondRaid
here's a link to the tab numbers you need for beats...

http://www.midi.org/techspecs/gm1sound.php

drums are at the bottom.

That is completely useless, from what I can tell. MIDI is just a code telling the instruments what to play, it doesn't define the sound.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
for bass, as others have said, get a cheap ass bass. I bet you can get one for under a 100$, and if your good at guitar you'll be alright on bass. It'll just take some getting used to. As for drums theres TONS of drum vst programs (EZdrummer,Superior Drummer2.0,BFD,Slate Drums,Oceanway drums...) I myself have SD2.0, and it is really awesome (I also have some of the expansions)IF your going for a tight budget, in my signature theres my youtube page. I uploaded some videos on how to get some free drums (legally of course) a few months back. Also i wont promise anything, but if you send me your tracks recorded to a click, i'll try to lay down some drums or program some drums.
Well like i said theres no way i can buy a bass at the time so ill have to just forget about it for now,thank you for the drum program recomendations ill check em out and ill definetly check out ur youtube page,one thing though u lost me a little when u said "record to click",whats click?
Quote by JacobTheMe

Click is a click track, or a metronome. By recording to a steady click, you can send your files to other people and they can lay down tracks under it.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
so what ur saying is i record the guitar parts with a metronome?
Quote by JacobTheMe

Record EVERYTHING with a metronome, always. But not a metronome on your desk, use the click in your DAW so everything stays synchronized.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Quote by Sid McCall
Record EVERYTHING with a metronome, always. But not a metronome on your desk, use the click in your DAW so everything stays synchronized.

yup. just look in your cubase instuction booklet (its probably a pdf file) and it should say how to set up metronome and the tempo and all that jazz. Also you should ALWAYS record with a click. makes everything tighter and it allows others to record over it (or your self at a different time)
Quote by Havoc69
I Have FL studio but i have no idea how to use it

learn...

i mean, FL is a good tool for making drum and bass parts, so if you have the tool you just need to learn how to use it. its not hard to make really simple drum parts. just pick a template you like (i dunno, try the one titled Realistic) and work from there. each little box is a time spot. so in basic view you have 16 blocks per line. first four (grey) are beat 1, second four (red) are beat two, etc. so you have your 16th notes, now you just click the ones you want to play. that gives you really simple drum beats. just play with it a bit and you should be able to make something simple yet functional as you learn.
I use my Guitar as the Bass with an OCTAVER PRESET on my Boss GS-10 - sounds pretty good. Should be an Octaver VST out there somewhere (I'm using a Mac) - Also check out "DRUMCORE 3 FREE".
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!