I'm at a point in my mind were I really need to write, but I've got so many things to write about all of my lyrics just sound like insane ramblings. I want to be get every individual issue off my chest one-by-one, but I can't keep my mind on one subject.

The other thing is, after studying poetry at A-level, I'm used to seeing extremely good poets, who use all the poetic devices seemlessly. Basicly, they make my lyrics look like shit.

Advice?
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
Quote by nightraven
haha. yeah, A Level english lit has screwed me up too

Tell me about it. I'm so over analytical now anything is write isn't good enough.
NO ONE EVER READS MY POSTS.
Haha yea that happens to me too. Like i Just don't have the time and it all builds up on me. So i have this notebook where I write everything that comes to mind, no matter how terrible it is until I've gotten it all out. Then when I've calmed down maybe a week later I read through it and salvage what I can. Just a thought =)
a small tip, if not an unrelated one. start listing all the things you want to write about. then jot down words you think of (i.e. unrelated words you think about when you hear about the topic) until you have a short list, then piece things together until you've got a starting point. for example:

A song about being inadequate compared to shakespeare

SHAKESPEARE:

OLD
DEAD
FAMOUS
POET
ENTENDRE
IAMBS
ROMEO
JULIET
HAMLET
YORICK

that kind of thing!
Quote by CoreysMonster
you know why rabbits are smarter than cows?

fucking cows start moo-ing around for no reason, but rabbits keep their mouth shut until they actually have something to say.

god I hate cows.
The devices coming effortlessly, that comes with time and experience writing. The more you write, the more it will just come out and sometimes you will do it on accident and it turns out to be really brilliant looking shit, when it really was something completely unintentional.

Also, not all of those ideas are going to make for good songs. Sometimes I will have three or four ideas in my head at once for something to write, and I will eliminate the ones that won't make for good writing and write the one closest to me, the one I can best relate to and the other three ideas never even see the light of pen to paper. Just pick one, forget about the rest and don't worry because these aren't the last bits of inspiration that you'll ever find, even if it does feel like it.
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black