Hey Guys,

So a year ago I bought a Mesa Boogie Express (used) and its been working great for about a solid year. Just yesterday I was unpacking it from my car and when i pulled the power chord out it kinda knocked the 2 tubes, that say Mesa on them, around.

After letting the amp warm up the signal was noticeably low even when fully cranked.

Maybe I shouldnt have done this, but i kinda pushed and nudged them around until my amp sounded normal.

I recorded for about three hours with no problems and the amp sounded fine.

Should I be worried about the amp? When i was moving the tubes there was a momentary spark but it didnt last long. They are still kinda loose, Im afraid to touch them...

Just looking for your guys opinions because this is the first tube amp I have owned and I don't want to break the tubes if i can avoid it.

Thanks!
Gear

Soon to have Carvin California Carved Top
Fender MIM Strat (Warthog, Spotlight, Condor)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX Valetronix Combo
Boss ME-50
Alvarez Acoustic
One tube was probably loose in it's socket thanks to the knock you gave it. You reseated it (and saw the resulting spark) and now it's fine. Kinda dangerous doing it while turned on though. At most you may ahve loosened the grip of the pin sockets to a degree which could be replaced if required.
Moving on.....
Quote by KenG
One tube was probably loose in it's socket thanks to the knock you gave it. You reseated it (and saw the resulting spark) and now it's fine. Kinda dangerous doing it while turned on though. At most you may ahve loosened the grip of the pin sockets to a degree which could be replaced if required.
+1