Ok here it is:

I was playing normally with my Boss PSA-230P adapter connected to my wahwah gcb-95, and a 9 volt battery in my Ts-9. I went to have dinner, when i came back, there was no sound comming from my "rig".
I started to try to troubleshoot the problem... I connected my boss psa adapter to my wah wah only and plugged it to my Fender SuperChamp XD. There is no sound... When I press the wah to turn it on, I hear a small and tiny noise... like small feedback... but no sound when i strum the guitar... so I thought, let me try the 9 volt battery, and it happens the same thing.. no sound, but no noise "feedback". I just thought something went wrong with my wahwah.

Now I test my TS-9, same thing, the red led light turns on, but no sound comming out... I tryed with the adapter and with the battery too... I did the same thing on my boss ds-1 and marshall gv-2... and nothing happens... and all worked 15 mins ago... so wtf is going on? Did my PSA adapter went bad and damaged all my pedals?

Only thing to point is that the marshall gv-2 lets the "signal" go through only when not engaged... when it's engaged... no sound... the red light on all pedals turns on...

What happened? If you guys have any advice I'm willing to unscrew my ds-1 or gv-2 to test somethings you guys might say... to test it out...

Sry for the huge text...

(of course i tested the guitar straight to the amp with all cables and everything works, so it's not a cable problem)

Thankyou
Regards
GUITARS: Gibson Les Paul Classic 1960
PEDALBOARD: TC POLYTUNE, GCB-95(mod)CRYBABY, MXR DYNACOMP, WAMPLER SUPERPLEXTORTION, TS-9, BIG MUFF, SMALL STONE, SMALL CLONE, MALEKKO EKKO 616, DR SCIENTIST MINI REVERBERATOR
MY COVERS
SELLING TS-9 w/ TB MOD
Did u leave the cables plugged into the TS9? Leaving the cables in drains the battery.

If you adapter has a voltage selecter check you havent knocked it.

Try plugging the adapter in a different outlet.

If you're using patch cables check none of them are faulty.

Check your pedals are plugged in the right way (Esp the wah) and the jacks are pushed in all the way.

Check the volume levels on your pedals.

Try each pedal individually with a different adapter or new battery.

Thats about all i can think of.
Hi and thank you for your reply.

I have a new battery

The adapter doesn't have a selector

I tryed a diferent outlet

I tryed all cables plugged straight guitar -> amp, even the small ones, everything works

They all plugged right, I always plugged them this way and they worked

I did check the volume

I tested each pedal individually, all of them get the red led light on, but no sound... tryed it with adapter and with battery, same result

This happened without no reason, but i did try the adapter on all pedals, and i think it's the adapter that damaged all of them...

They all turn on, the light appears, no sound, with the pedal off or on... with battery or adapter...
PEDALBOARD: TC POLYTUNE, GCB-95(mod)CRYBABY, MXR DYNACOMP, WAMPLER SUPERPLEXTORTION, TS-9, BIG MUFF, SMALL STONE, SMALL CLONE, MALEKKO EKKO 616, DR SCIENTIST MINI REVERBERATOR
MY COVERS
SELLING TS-9 w/ TB MOD
Last edited by Teque86 at Dec 19, 2009,
Ah, then you may have to fear the worst.

Take em to a tech, have a look inside them for anything obvious first.

The red LED means theres still power getting to the pedal, but somethings stopping the signal from getting through.

A quick look online tells me the adapter your using is 200mA. This may cause a problem if you're daisy chaining for example and the current draw from your pedals is higher than what the output provides. But I doubt itd fry anything. Theres no real reason for it unless you had a power surge or peed on the sockets. :/
Power surge? Open one of the pedals (no fear, just open and look at it ) and see if anything looks fried (brownish look on connections and by no means i'm calling u a noob )
"Steven Seagal is like godzilla for barbies" -> Retard
The psa adapter from boss, was what the tech at my guitarshop said it was the best for boss, ibanez pedals. I live in portugal by the way.

This is really bad cause it happened to all pedals... not just 1...
I will open my boss ds-1... and look inside... i will reply in a bit...

Ok i opened my boss ds-1 and marshall gv-2

Something is wrong i think, i will try to take pictures...
MY COVERS
SELLING TS-9 w/ TB MOD
Last edited by Teque86 at Dec 19, 2009,
I'm in Portugal too and I have a the same boss psa and it works with my boss bf-3, my carl martin 2wah and my metal muff (although now i dont need the boss psa )
Ok here are the pictures of the DS-1 and GV-2
I used the adapter for 2 years, everything worked fine... but today puff...
I tryed the rest of the pedals with the adapter too so it might happened the same thing to them... please tell me there's a fix for this... I don't care about the ds-1 and the gv-2... But i really want my Ts-9 and gcb-95 wah back...

Both have this things "burned" up... where the input for the adapter goes... i presume the wah and TS-9 are the same way... so is there a fix if i take them to the guitar shop? The ts-9 i ordered it online from proguitarshop, the wah i bought it from a guitar shop here in portugal 1 year ago, is this under warranty?

Sorry for any noob question...

And Wiintruder, what do you use to power up your pedals? Does voodoo labs pedal power work in portugal? DC brick? Which do you recomend? I will never use boss adapters again... for SURE!

Thank you for the comments by the way
MY COVERS
SELLING TS-9 w/ TB MOD
A small BUMP for me... can anyone answer this please?

It's a small warning for community too... PSA adapters...
MY COVERS
SELLING TS-9 w/ TB MOD
I'm no expert on PCBs, but those slots don't look burnt up to me.

Also, were you using a surge protector?
Well first of all make sure ur adapter is working. Sometimes it may send power to the units but it may be bad. Take one of them to a music store (Lismusica/Musifex if ur in lisbon) they will let u try one to see if works. The boss adapter is not bad, no need to get away from it

Right now I have a huge multifx that has power connections for my pedals. The voodoo work in Europe if u get the 220-240 one.

Here are some options for You from musicstore in germany (they ship to Portugal) by price descending:
Voodoo
Carl Martin
T-Rex

This one is from MrJackGuitars in lisbon (Benfica) but it also ships to you if needed:
Artec Check the last pedal on this page.

Hope I helped.
I wasn't using a surge protector, and i'm not sure what that is too.
Believe me that looks burned... it definitly looks diferent from the other slots...

Wiintruder thank you for your reply, i will go to lismusica and take my wahwah gcb-95 and ts-9 to see if they can repair them...

I think i will by the CIOKS big john powersupply, musifex sells it. And i read some good reviews about it on harmony central.

Not willing to waste 140€ on a power supply..
Damn this is a sad ****ing day for me... none of my pedals work anymore...

thank you for your replys...
MY COVERS
SELLING TS-9 w/ TB MOD
well the artec is 8€ cheaper but good luck with it anyway.
Another possibility, rusty contacts.

Oxidized contacts too.

You may need to clean the contact points of the input/output (inside) using a flashlight and some cotton bud dipped with metal polish.

Worked for my pedals, solved all the no-sound or scratchy sound issue.

This is especially true for aging pedals that've been exposed to temperature fluctuations.
Yeah, as you can see on your pictures, (the three big burnt soldering-joints) the power supply input has been damaged. If that's the only problem, then you might fix it with just getting a new power supply input. That's cheap, and easy to fix. But if you haven't been soldering before I suggest you get some practice first - so that you don't damage more things.

EDIT: You should try the pedals with a new battery. If it's only the power supply inputs that's burnt, then it should work with a battery. The one you have now is probably flat if you left the jacks in
Member of Bugera Users Militia
- Ibanez JPM P3 (John Petrucci Signature)
- Bugera 333XL 212
- MXR Phase 90 EVH
- Electro Harmonix Memory Boy
Last edited by mongo_man at Dec 20, 2009,
Quote by Wiintruder
Well first of all make sure ur adapter is working. Sometimes it may send power to the units but it may be bad. Take one of them to a music store (Lismusica/Musifex if ur in lisbon) they will let u try one to see if works. The boss adapter is not bad, no need to get away from it

Right now I have a huge multifx that has power connections for my pedals. The voodoo work in Europe if u get the 220-240 one.

Here are some options for You from musicstore in germany (they ship to Portugal) by price descending:
Voodoo
Carl Martin
T-Rex

This one is from MrJackGuitars in lisbon (Benfica) but it also ships to you if needed:
Artec Check the last pedal on this page.

Hope I helped.

There is no need to go to a tech to check your adapter. Just make sure that you have to correct current, with a multimeter (like this: http://www.multimeterwarehouse.com/DT830BMinif.htm ). If you have a 9V adapter, the outputcurrent should be 9V when you measure it
Member of Bugera Users Militia
- Ibanez JPM P3 (John Petrucci Signature)
- Bugera 333XL 212
- MXR Phase 90 EVH
- Electro Harmonix Memory Boy
Last edited by mongo_man at Dec 20, 2009,
Well i have a battery that came with my TS-9, this battery powers up all pedals, i tryed it with all pedals, all the leds turn on... but still no sound...

If the battery was flat the leds wouldn't turn on.
I noticied in my ds-1 that even the small metal chips where the 2 wires from the battery go, are burnt as well...

I've been soldering sometimes... but what i can do now? I will take the pedals to my guitarshop... i don't know if they can fix them...

Thanks for all the help and tips... it seems my boss psa adapter burned all my pedals...

I'm definitly buying a powersupply, from cioks or voodoolabs, people stay way from boss psa adapters. I had it for 2 years and no problems, but suddently... puff.

EDIT:
Thanks for the help too mongo_man
MY COVERS
SELLING TS-9 w/ TB MOD
Last edited by Teque86 at Dec 20, 2009,
yes i did, i tryed all cables guitar straight to amp and everything works, even the small cables that connect pedals to each other, everything is fine, by the picture you can see that there's small things burned there...
MY COVERS
SELLING TS-9 w/ TB MOD