Ok, I'm new to this site so first off, im sorry if this is in the wrong area =o

But anway I'm doing a science project and I'm basing it around how chords affect your mood. I'm a bit of a beginner guitar when it comes to understanding the music theory and chords stuff so I'm confused as to what chords to use. I know that there are the major and minor chords and major is a happier sound and minor is a sadder, darker sound.

All I really need is a list of major and minor chords because I don't know the chords!
Aspiring guitarist, looking for all of the info I can get.
Quote by Sixxi94ESP
Ok, I'm new to this site so first off, im sorry if this is in the wrong area =o

But anway I'm doing a science project and I'm basing it around how chords affect your mood. I'm a bit of a beginner guitar when it comes to understanding the music theory and chords stuff so I'm confused as to what chords to use. I know that there are the major and minor chords and major is a happier sound and minor is a sadder, darker sound.

All I really need is a list of major and minor chords because I don't know the chords!

All of the chords of the same quality (major is a quality, minor is a quality) will sound pretty much the same, regardless of what the root is. There are also tons of ways to play chords on a guitar, so we can't give you a definitive list.

The best thing to research would probably be chord qualities, so rather than comparing C major, with D major and E major, compare C major with C minor, C diminished, C augmented, C7, Cmaj7, Cm7, C°7, etc...
I seriously wouldn't recommend doing a science project based around chords if you're struggling to name major chords (you could have A Bb B C C# D... etc)

Maybe look into waves on a string and how frequency affects the note. It's much much simpler to understand and simpler science. I've known people to do doctorates into how chord transitions affect mood :s