So i am pretty set on getting a jackson RR5 and im thinking about getting EMG 81 and 60 pickups because i play melodic death metal kinda stuff. would this suit my style more than the seymour duncan JB SH4's and be worth the extra £125 for the emg's?

Any info on RR5's would be appreciated as well. :')
Last edited by bfmv_oli at Dec 19, 2009,
well it will be 125 pounds... plus w/e the labour is, as the back needs to be routed out n stuff... unless you do it yourself.... personally i'd stick with those duncans, if you want somthing heavier maybe a duncan jb/'59 set
i would go with the EMG's i put some in my les paul and they really have the right stuff for metal.

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
how much do you reckon the labour would be? i have played the emgs and they were sweet, if its not too much idm saving up for a bit extra, id rather have someone do it right then try and do it myself and **** it up.
Duncans are pretty good as they are, and they're pretty versatile. Plus, if you're playing melodic death metal, you'll have the occasional clean guitar parts, which the Duncans would be great for as well, whereas the EMGs wouldn't be. Don't worry about gain as much because high gain amps take care of that.

But also look into the JB/59 set as MetalGuitarest said.

Also, RR5's are pretty sweet. My friend has one, I've played it a few times.
i'll have a look at the JB/59 set, but active pickups look like the way forward for me as i dont really play clean tbh.
Quote by MetalGuitarest
well it will be 125 pounds... plus w/e the labour is, as the back needs to be routed out n stuff... unless you do it yourself.... personally i'd stick with those duncans, if you want somthing heavier maybe a duncan jb/'59 set

You wouldn't need to rout out the back. I've seen RR5's with EMG's and the battery's under the pickgaurd.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
there is always the matt tuck RR i suppose, that is the same except for the ebony fretboard and aleady has emg's in, 81/85. although the inlays kinda suck but it would save a lot of hassle