I am a blues player looking for a low watt amp around the $400 USD range either head or combo fom and im not really looking to go into the used market.
Quote by scott58
Worst? I don't know. My buddies old MG 10 until we turned it into a cup holder and ash tray.
Fender Blues JR.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Jet City Amps 20 watter
Epiphone Valve Senior
Blackstar HT-5
Blackheart Handsome Devil
Marshall Class 5
Vox AC4
Vox Night Train
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by porker117
I am a blues player looking for a low watt amp around the $400 USD range either head or combo fom and im not really looking to go into the used market.

Get the Marshall Class 5 now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by Weeping_Demon7
Get the Marshall Class 5 now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was thinking about getting one but i cant find a local store to try one out.
would it be good for blues?
Quote by scott58
Worst? I don't know. My buddies old MG 10 until we turned it into a cup holder and ash tray.
I'd probably go AC4. Pretty kick ass little amp for light to medium gain.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by porker117
i was thinking about getting one but i cant find a local store to try one out.
would it be good for blues?

Are you kidding? It would sound amazing for blues and classic rock. I played one at a local store through a Gibson LP, Bad Monkey OD and it was great.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

sorry to sound dumb but i havent been in the GG&A for a while, been glued to teh pit.

class 5 any good then?

i have a BH5H and its good, run it through a 4x12 for a big sound.

AC4 is a brilliant little amp from what ive heard of it.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
sorry to sound dumb but i havent been in the GG&A for a while, been glued to teh pit.

class 5 any good then?

i have a BH5H and its good, run it through a 4x12 for a big sound.

AC4 is a brilliant little amp from what ive heard of it.

Class 5 is best low wattage amp I've ever played.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

Low price, low wattage, classic sound is an easy criteria; Marshall, Fender, Vox, or Orange tones respectively are all done justice by the Class 5, the Blues Jr, the AC4TV and the Tiny Terror.

If you need a little more versatility, the Blackstar HT-5 is a good choice, and for the ultimate in versatility you could get a digital modelling amp like a Peavey Vypyr 30, at the expense of some tone and responsiveness.

Also, look into smaller brands; Valvepower are developing a strong reputation, for example.
i went to my local guitar store and i asked about the class 5 and they said they ordered two back in november and they havent come in yet but they would know on monday when they were to arrive and they would call me then but, in the mean time i was able to play a Marshall haze 40 and that just wasnt my cup of tea so i am quite anxious for the class 5 to arrive. Hopefully i can get some good joe bonamassa tones out of it.
Quote by scott58
This is only a 5 watter and a little bit more expensive than you quoted but seriously, how cute is this?

http://www.redironamps.com/images/5watt.png

Methinks this deserves to be in the sexy amps thread
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I played the Vox AC4TV at GC, I loved it but i couldn't crank it to hear the distortion. I have one now kinda, my parents got it for me for Christmas. Then i will crank it.
Quote by Rock Pig
Low price, low wattage, classic sound is an easy criteria; Marshall, Fender, Vox, or Orange tones respectively are all done justice by the Class 5, the Blues Jr, the AC4TV and the Tiny Terror.

If you need a little more versatility, the Blackstar HT-5 is a good choice, and for the ultimate in versatility you could get a digital modelling amp like a Peavey Vypyr 30, at the expense of some tone and responsiveness.

Also, look into smaller brands; Valvepower are developing a strong reputation, for example.

I like what I've heard from the valvepower clips on youtube.

I didn't like the AC4 much when I tried it, but then I'm not much of a blues player.

Fender Blues Jr. would be nice

Also consider:

Laney VC15/LC15 if it's within your budget. The VC15 i really liked.
Maybe a used Vox AC15?
Jet City JCA20H
Peavey Classic 30
Blackheart Little Giant/ Killer Ant
Laney Cub!!! (tried one and I liked it)
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Fender Super Champ XD
Vox Night Train
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Quote by porker117
i went to my local guitar store and i asked about the class 5 and they said they ordered two back in november and they havent come in yet but they would know on monday when they were to arrive and they would call me then but, in the mean time i was able to play a Marshall haze 40 and that just wasnt my cup of tea so i am quite anxious for the class 5 to arrive. Hopefully i can get some good joe bonamassa tones out of it.

No way. Even Joe himself couldn't make the Class5 sound much good. It's yet another piece of half-arsed Marshall bandwaggonry, though a step in the right direction.

Laney VC15 is brilliant, I'd be looking at that, the Blues Jr and the Valvepower 18W if I were you. All fantastic value and great for the 'blooze....
what do you guys think of the egnater rebel 20
Quote by scott58
I can't play my vox ac4tv till christmas but i like Joe Bonamassa aswell, i love blues and blues rock. So if you can wait i will tell you what i think on friday. Or go try one for your self if you can.
Quote by aerosmith513
I can't play my vox ac4tv till christmas but i like Joe Bonamassa aswell, i love blues and blues rock. So if you can wait i will tell you what i think on friday. Or go try one for your self if you can.

haha i bet you are excited
im trying to pick which amp i want for Christmas and its so hard
Quote by scott58
Quote by porker117
haha i bet you are excited
im trying to pick which amp i want for Christmas and its so hard

I don't know if you can get a Joe Bonamassa tone but here is a helpful tip. He has said he is more influenced by the British blues players more so than american ones. People say that Vox is know for that vintage British blues sound too. So take that for what its worth.....