I thought I was set on spending the money on a Line 6 PodX3 or XT Live unit but I saw some demos on youtube of the Digitech models. I want to see if anyone on here new how the comparison was or what opinions on one versus the other is? The demo I saw was for the RP1000 and it sounded good and is around the same price range as the PODXT Live unit. Does anyone have any thoughts or experiences with which maybe better as far as Digitech versus Line 6's modeling goes?
the pod x3 live is amazing...dont know the more expensive digitech models, but the cheaper ones are blahh at best IMO. I know that u wont regret getting the pod.
"Steven Seagal is like godzilla for barbies" -> Retard
The RP1000 is great, but Id take the POD over it any day
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Quote by IsThereLoveInSp
The RP1000 is great, but Id take the POD over it any day

What makes the POD better though? Is it the overall modeling sound difference or the branding? I mean you did say the RP1000 is great for your first comment. It would actually be $100 cheaper than the X3 Live but the same price as the XT Live. If you had to choose between the XT Live and the RP1000 would that make a difference or would you still shoot for the Line 6?
digitech modelling is good. Line6 is better IMO.
Quote by Wiintruder
digitech modelling is good. Line6 is better IMO.

I guess that was the answer I was looking for man so thanks!
Quote by Supermansdead81
What makes the POD better though? Is it the overall modeling sound difference or the branding? I mean you did say the RP1000 is great for your first comment. It would actually be $100 cheaper than the X3 Live but the same price as the XT Live. If you had to choose between the XT Live and the RP1000 would that make a difference or would you still shoot for the Line 6?

I like the Line 6s effects and amp modeling more than the Digitechs. They seem a lot more true to the original units sound more to me. The addition of good compatibility with bass is even better. If you dont want to spend the extra money, youre still going to be happy with the RP1000, but I think that the X3 is worth the extra money.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
keep in mind the massive amounts of people who have had their x3's fall apart.
not really a surprise when you see how it's constructed, looks like it was made by fischer price. Have a look at the boss gt-10.
Quote by spitonastranger
keep in mind the massive amounts of people who have had their x3's fall apart.
not really a surprise when you see how it's constructed, looks like it was made by fischer price. Have a look at the boss gt-10.

You cant drop it constantly or play "crash the pod" on top of it, but it's not garbage man. Even ur guitar would go to sh*t if u treat her that way.

And vs the boss, effects wise I would still take the pod.
Even after about 4 years I love my POD XT Live. Turned my VJ into a great modeling amp
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
A used Rocktron Replifex for around $200 will crush any Line 6 or Digitech product. Hell even a G-Major is a wiser purchase.
I've owned an X3 and it was a nice unit but I wouldn't assume it's better than an RP1000 without trying both. The loop on the X3 was alleged to be noisy and a quick test on mine seemed to confirm that. The RP1000 has two loops and that could prove to be useful. I've heard from owners of the RP1000 that they liked it a lot. I'd be inclined to give it a hard look before deciding and not rely on people who've owned one and not the other. Also the RP1000 has a 20 sec looper, and I think the pitch shifting/harmonizer capabilities on the X3 are poor to non-existent.
Last edited by fly135 at Dec 20, 2009,
Line6 PodXT Live is and always will be one badass effects unit that will get you thru any gig anywhere, anytime !!!!!!!!!!