Digitech Hardwire SC-2 Valve Distortion.

This pedal is amazing. I can get anything I want with this pedal. Definitly the best out there for the price. It arrived to me today from Musiciansfriend. Shipped in 3 days which im very impressed by, along with some other goodies...

Also im looking to add more pedals to my rig to try to make things better.

Price isn't an issue right now, mainly just looking to buy some *must have* pedals for a rig. Right now I have my Crybaby GCB-95, Digitech Hot Head and the SC-2. Should I be looking at a 10 band eq, Delay, Compressor? Or is there anything else that anyone can reccomend?

Thanks
Gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio Cherry Sunburst w/ Alnico Pro II
-1960 Yamaha Orange Sticker Acoustic
-Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Last edited by IdntNedUrCvlWar at Dec 19, 2009,
happy NPD, so is that like a boost for your gain channel, or just a distortion pedal to make your solid state amp sound better? like not your amp specifically but anyones solid state
It's called Valve Distortion to simulate the sound of a valve amp being distorted.

HNPD btw.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by MetalGuitarest
happy NPD, so is that like a boost for your gain channel, or just a distortion pedal to make your solid state amp sound better? like not your amp specifically but anyones solid state

I run it through my Hot Rod Deluxe because I wasn't satisfied with the amount of overdrive on tap on the amp, sounds so much better now.
Gear:
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
I recommend the following pedals at a bar minimum.

Wah, OD, Reverb (if your amp doesn't have it), and an additional effect (chorus, delay, flanger, etc.)

However, an ideal pedal rig would consist of a

Wah, Compressor, Fuzz, Overdrive, Distortion (ie Metal Muff), Reverb, additional effect, crazy effect (Digitech Whammy or EHX HOG or something) noise gate.

Wah wise, I recommend a Vox or a Crybaby of some sort. Assuming price really isn't an issue at all, then I will always recommend this , as it's the most comprehensive wah that I've come across.

Compressor wise, anything Keely is always really good.

I'm a fan of the Fuzz Factory in terms of fuzz, but that's how I roll. If you're looking for a classic fuzz, then a Fuzz Face is great, but the Octafuzz is an outstanding pedal. As is the Big Muff and Fuzz Face.

Overdrive comes in 2 categories, transparent and non transparent overdrives. The TS9 or Bad Monkey are great transparent overdrives. Likewise, the Tube King is a great non transparent overdrive.

Distortion wise, and some might disagree, should be used selectively for when you really need punch. I like the Metal Muff, although it lacks the low end that I like. Meh.

Holy Grail is a great reverb pedal in my opinion.

ISP Noise Decimator is a good noise gate.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I recommend the following pedals at a bar minimum.

Wah, OD, Reverb (if your amp doesn't have it), and an additional effect (chorus, delay, flanger, etc.)

However, an ideal pedal rig would consist of a

Wah, Compressor, Fuzz, Overdrive, Distortion (ie Metal Muff), Reverb, additional effect, crazy effect (Digitech Whammy or EHX HOG or something) noise gate.

Wah wise, I recommend a Vox or a Crybaby of some sort. Assuming price really isn't an issue at all, then I will always recommend this , as it's the most comprehensive wah that I've come across.

Compressor wise, anything Keely is always really good.

I'm a fan of the Fuzz Factory in terms of fuzz, but that's how I roll. If you're looking for a classic fuzz, then a Fuzz Face is great, but the Octafuzz is an outstanding pedal. As is the Big Muff and Fuzz Face.

Overdrive comes in 2 categories, transparent and non transparent overdrives. The TS9 or Bad Monkey are great transparent overdrives. Likewise, the Tube King is a great non transparent overdrive.

Distortion wise, and some might disagree, should be used selectively for when you really need punch. I like the Metal Muff, although it lacks the low end that I like. Meh.

Holy Grail is a great reverb pedal in my opinion.

ISP Noise Decimator is a good noise gate.

Thanks very much for that info, I think im going to roll with a noise gate of some sort, a Chorus and possibly the 535Q Wah (the rack you reccomended, I know is a great product, but I'd prefer to stay away from racks to try to save some room and not have to lug as much around.) From what I've heard, the 535Q is a highly reccomended and versatile pedal, which is what i'm looking for.

Anyone else feel free to reccomend some pedals.
Gear:
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
-Blackstar HT-5RH
Yay Hardwire! HNPD!
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
HNPD! I've been thinking of ordering that one or the Hardwire Metal Distortion. I didn't know which would be better for my hard rock and metal playing so I might just order both. I always get hung up between 2 things before I actually make a decision it seems. I like that the Hardwire series pedals offer those little switches that change the sound so much that its like getting 2 pedals in one. Have Fun!
HNPD! Been thinking about getting this or a Crunch Box.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
nice! I want the CM-2 tube overdrive
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
HNPD
looks kickass ;D
Join the 7 String Legion!

RG7420 with Dimarzio Crunchlab + Liquifire set
Peavey Vypyr 75 with Sanpera I
Digidesign Eleven Rack
Sennheiser HD280 headphones
Behringer FCB1010 with EurekaProm

Call me Eddy