I don't know what is so good about Muse. I don't know if you can even class them as a rock band. Their videos are majorly weird and their songs make no sense. I have to admit that I like about four songs: Supermassive Blackhole, Uprising, Undisclosed Desires, and Plug In Baby. But still, I don't see where all the hype about them comes from...Do You??
prepare to have a new asshole before this thread gets closed, kid
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
i dont find them good at all either. And even if people like the music, the guy isn't an awesome player, I can't stand it when he is mentioned as one of the best modern guitarrists
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
i agree and dis agree i think they are talented musicians however they are also a man and his support act. They are band you either like or dont like ... its all down to taste!
Ask Muse thread, they're brilliant by the way
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Quote by SinSyringe
"Favorite bands :
Bad Obsession Bon Jovi Tp and the heartbreakers Bruce Springsteen Muse T heory of a deadman "

???

Holy crap, good catch. Looks like he's just trying to justify his own tastes by bashing them to have everyone say how good they are. Or he's bipolar about his favorite bands.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Muse is TOO populair to be an super anarchistic rock band and stuff acting like their all cool and stuff.
in the time 'round the origin of symetry they were kinda rough
but after the black hole incident (i call it that way) they turned out all commercial

more band suffer from this
RHCP sucks d*ck on commercial sl*ts

They were hardcore from the start but not 'till the end..
Quote by palefire
Should point out that Doctor Rock has a point, by the way - we do have some of the biggest nutters (usually in a funny way) in the country.

Londons Burning!
dahdahdahdahdah!
Quote by SinSyringe
"Favorite bands :
Bad Obsession Bon Jovi Tp and the heartbreakers Bruce Springsteen Muse T heory of a deadman "

???

Hahahaha! I noticed that too! This guys got me lost.
Quote by blue_strat
Listen to their four good albums.

Wait, which one are you excluding?
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
I'm afraid you're not going to make it out of here alive.

Listen to Knights of Cydonia, Take a Bow, Stockholm Syndrome, Citizen Erased, and Exogenesis Part 1, in that order.

Prepare your toilet for bricks.

I write songs.
YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM
Currently Requiring Crits:
none
Using that smug smiley to provoke hate in us and as SinSyringe said he states Muse as one of his favorite bands. *sniff sniff* I smell a troll.
Quote by xander307
Wait, which one are you excluding?

Le Resistance. And yes, I have listened to it.
Quote by Iceguize
Using that smug smiley to provoke hate in us and as SinSyringe said he states Muse as one of his favorite bands. *sniff sniff* I smell a troll.

i smell orcs
kill the orcs! slay the orcs! destroy the orcs!
Quote by palefire
Should point out that Doctor Rock has a point, by the way - we do have some of the biggest nutters (usually in a funny way) in the country.

Londons Burning!
dahdahdahdahdah!
Quote by blue_strat
Le Resistance.

What about Uprising?

What about Resistance?

What about Undisclosed Desires?

What about United States of Eurasia?

What about Unnatural Selection?

What about MK ULTRA?

WHAT ABOUT EXOGENESIS!?

I write songs.
YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM
Currently Requiring Crits:
none
Quote by WyvernOmega
What about Uprising?

What about Resistance?

What about Undisclosed Desires?

What about United States of Eurasia?

What about Unnatural Selection?

What about MK ULTRA?

WHAT ABOUT EXOGENESIS!?

Horses for courses, I guess.
Quote by MattTravis
I don't know if you can even class them as a rock band.

Because they're a band and they play rock.
Quote by webbtje

Who desides what's rock and what isn't?

Queen?
Quote by palefire

Londons Burning!
dahdahdahdahdah!
Originally Posted by webbtje:

They really don't play rock. They play this weird stuff that makes the singer sound like he's constipated.
Quote by MattTravis
I don't know what is so good about Muse. I don't know if you can even class them as a rock band. Their videos are majorly weird and their songs make no sense. I have to admit that I like about four songs: Supermassive Blackhole, Uprising, Undisclosed Desires, and Plug In Baby. But still, I don't see where all the hype about them comes from...Do You??

Except for Plug in baby, those other songs are pretty shitty Muse songs. Maybe thats were you are going wrong, they have songs a lot better than those.

May I suggest; Stockholm Syndrome, The Groove, Citizen Erased and Knights of Cydonia
I'm with op in that I guess I just don't get it. Other than Knights of Cydonia, which I admit I only know from my guitar hero days, I really don't care for them.

And whats with their sudden surge in popularity these days. Its not like they are in anyway a new act or anything, yet there seems to be a lot more fans than there ever were. I might just be only seeing it now, but to me it seems like there are a lot of people jumping on the bandwagon here.
Yea I never noticed what all the fuss was about them being so awesome. They're an ok band but nothing awesome.
Set-Up
Squire Special Stratocaster
Bullet 150 AMP

*1st Guitar Set-Ups FTW*
^You should give the user that just posted some useful advice.
Quote by soundjam
I'm with op in that I guess I just don't get it. Other than Knights of Cydonia, which I admit I only know from my guitar hero days, I really don't care for them.

And whats with their sudden surge in popularity these days. Its not like they are in anyway a new act or anything, yet there seems to be a lot more fans than there ever were. I might just be only seeing it now, but to me it seems like there are a lot of people jumping on the bandwagon here.

OR a lot of people hadn't heard of/listened to them before. It's hard to be a fan of a band you haven't listened to before.
True, but its not like they weren't available to listen to before. I'm not saying that nobody actually likes them, and I'm not out to offend people who do. Its just that right now they are the cool thing to listen to, so naturally a lot of people will think that they are made of awesome because they listen to muse.
^Much worse bands that have that appealing pretentious ''cool factor''.

As for TS, all the songs he named are singles, so I'm going to assume he's not greatly open-minded.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
I pretty much only like Absolution and whichever record came before that which I can't remember the name of. I don't listen to them that much, but for awhile I thought they were really cool. But that's because I'm a big fan of fuzz.
Quote by steve_muse
^Much worse bands that have that appealing pretentious ''cool factor''.

As for TS, all the songs he named are singles, so I'm going to assume he's not greatly open-minded.

Cough cough, Radiohead and Animal Collective, cough cough.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Dec 25, 2009,
You havent listened to many good songs, TS. Try the whole of Origin of Symmetry, A lot of Absolution, Fury, Sunburn, Easily, Crying Shame, The groove, Hoodoo, City of Delusion, Knights of Cydonia (both live and studio) and MK Ultra and then come back and question them. If you can still ask why they are good after that, then I guess they aren't for you
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Cough cough, Radiohead and Animal Collective, cough cough.

True.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
They happen to vary a lot in their songs, and it's a matter of opinion.

What's with these threads about (insert band here) lately or rock in general? It's all subjective, so realize that you don't have to like muse because some other people like muse. You're not going to get a definitive answer because there isn't any. If you're finding it hard to like them, you don't like them, and that's really about it.