I posted this a couple of times before, but never got a solution to it... I have a problem with my FR bridge. From what I observed, it's not returning to the exact same spot everytime I use the whammy. It returns to one spot when I pull the bar up, and to another spot when I push the bar down, and these two spots are slightly off (you can barely see the difference when looking at the bridge). That means if I first pull the bar up and then tune my guitar, it will stay in tune everytime I pull the bar up . If I push the bar down though, it will go out of tune, until I pull the bar up again. If I tune after pushing the bar down, the opposite happens, it goes out of tune when I pull up, until I push back down.. You get the pattern. I'll try to post a vid of this later.

A couple of specs:
- It's a FR ORIGINAL, not one of those crappy licensed versions
- It's brand new
- Everything's been set up, intonation, truss rod, etc.
- The bridge is parallel to the body
- Strings are stretched
- Locking nut is tight and no strings are slipping out

Does anyone have an idea??
I've been on this for months I'm starting to lose hope...
mine does this too, although i have an ltd, so it's licensed. basically you can tune your guitar with the whammy bar. so the strings don't actually go out of tune, just the bridge doesn't return properly. it's has to be a problem with the knife edge section of it, but i'm not sure what. i'll ask my guitar guy some time.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Try lubing your trem posts. If it's not this doesn't help then your knife edges are dulled, which wouldn't make sense if it's new.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
thanks for the idea, anything you can recommend. is it safe to use WD-40?
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
How do I lube my trem posts? Do I need to take the whole thing off the guitar?
where'd you get the guitar? if you can take it in where you got it they might be able to help you
Quote by sammo_boi
thanks for the idea, anything you can recommend. is it safe to use WD-40?

Wd-40 isnt really the best thing for the job you need somthing thicker.

My lube of choice is Chap Stick/Lipsyl, its silicon based so wont react with any metals and so far hasnt failed me yet.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Last edited by halikus at Dec 19, 2009,
I bought it from DrumCityGuitarLand over the net, but I live in Canada... But I took it to my local guitar store 3 times and nothing changed.
I used the wd-40 before you posted. It certainly makes a noticeable difference. will try chapstick sometime.
Jackson DK2M
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
have someone check the knife edges.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Checking / lubing the knife edges is the only thing I haven't done yet I think... So let's hope it works... If it doesn't well I guess I'll just block the bridge and never buy another guitar with a FR lol
It´s possible that one of the stud post holes has a crack (which I´ve seen before) and means your guitar is screwed unless you block the trem, or maybe the springs are hanging up a little against the body. It´s really hard to tell with out having a look at it. Take it to a tech and let them have a look.
Just lubed the trem posts / knife edges and ZZZZOMG IT WORKED!!! It's going back to tune everytime!! Thank you so much guys!!
Quote by jbab
Just lubed the trem posts / knife edges and ZZZZOMG IT WORKED!!! It's going back to tune everytime!! Thank you so much guys!!

Anytime.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...