Poll: Jackson RR5 vs Matt tuck Sig
Poll Options
View poll results: Jackson RR5 vs Matt tuck Sig
Jackson RR5
34 59%
Matt Tuck Sig
24 41%
Voters: 58.
im stuck on which to get, they are pretty much the same guitar except the matt tuck sig features an ebony fretboard and EMG's whereas the RR5 has a rosewood fretbaord and seymour duncan JB's. i play mainly melodic death metal and im not too bothered about cleans so i would rather have the EMGs tbh. vote on which you think is better.

Jackson RR5

Matt Tuck Sig
Last edited by bfmv_oli at Dec 19, 2009,
they both look like good guitars, nice alder body, only difference is the pups. i personally dont like actives but if you do id go for the matt tuck sig ( i voted for the rr5 though since i personally would pick that and i read the part that youd prefer emg's later)
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
The RR5 is the better option, plus you're not paying extra for it being a signature guitar. If you prefer the EMGs and ebony fretboard go for the other one though.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

I'd go with the Matt Tuck Sig. Like you said basically the same but you prefer the emgs so there ya go
my main kelly has a reverse headstock on it and it really isnt awkward at all. just looks different. even though i like the passives more, id go with the sig because its different from your normal rhoads and i like the inlays. too bad it costs more
Last edited by Spuds27 at Dec 19, 2009,
Get the RR5. The Matt Tuck sig is horribly overpriced like all signature guitars because it has Matt Tuck's name on it.

If you buy the RR5, you're getting more for your money.
You don't want to be associated with matt tuck do you?
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
From experience, the inverted headstock is not difficult to tune at all, but that aside, the RR5 is by the better choice. The EMGs are nasty pups, but the Passive SDs are more versatile. The RR5 is closer to the original vision of the Rhoads over the Matt Tuck, and is by far the more traditional Jackson Guitar.

If you're looking for some nontraditional V's, I'd check out ESP as well.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
well, if you are only looking for a good distorted sound, definately go for the MT RR. but if you want a leveled tone between cleans and distorted, than go for the RR5. just cause it's a sig doesn't mean you shouldn't go for it. if you got the White one, that would be the one furthest away from looking like a sig guitar (the only indication would be the little logo on the back). but don't let people tell you what you shouldn't or should get. get what you think feels best and sounds best. but if it were me? I think i'd go for the MT RR.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Id Go with the RR5 because I wouldnt want to play Matt Tucks model.
I like ZW just like BFMV but I wont even touch a Bullseye model lp.

I know you like EMG's ...so in that case the MT is a good choice. I think it would
be nice to have a guitar modded with a neat compartment for the battery so you
dont have to disturb the control cavity.

The RR has hot pups as well. It can give you nice cleans for intros and bridges.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Last edited by Washburnd Fretz at Dec 19, 2009,
I would get the RR5 no question asked, but if you get the Matt one, replace the neck pup
Panties 'round your knees
With your ass in debris
Doin' dat grind with a push and squeeze
Tied up, tied down, up against the wall
Be my rubbermade baby
An' we can do it all

My way - your way
Anything goes tonight
Neither are 'better' just get the one that you rather have both models seem good enough and any differences you get between the guitar will vary with users.
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
Get the RR5. The Matt Tuck sig is horribly overpriced like all signature guitars because it has Matt Tuck's name on it.

Absolutly this.

It would be cheaper just to switch out the pups in the RR5 if it's really that big of a deal to you.
You would be getting more for the money.
RR5 all the way.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON

Consider buying from thomann, the links you've provided are overpriced, at least the MT model.

Quote by LP_CL
You don't want to be associated with matt tuck do you?

derp derp derp

I'd still go with the MT model, despite the price gap. Because you save yourself the hassle of switching pickups and you get an ebony fingerboard (personal preference, not saying Rosewood is bad or anything).
Quote by Demonazzz
I prefer barbed wire strings. I find I can get the most br00t41 tonez with it.
Quote by Zoso1994
The RR5 is the better option, plus you're not paying extra for it being a signature guitar. If you prefer the EMGs and ebony fretboard go for the other one though.

You do know that RR stands for Randy Rhoads thus qualifying it under the sig list? I would get the RR5 though and swap out the PU's for Blackouts.

And on another note, Sig guitars although may look like a overpriced version of a cheaper model there will always be slight differences between makes. Be it better wood, Neck profile, Fretboard wood/Inlays, electronics/Hardware, exc,exc. So your not really paying just for a name, you paying for the setup required to make a guitar to that players specs not to mention a percentage does go to the artist, artist's estate. I myself find it very interesting to play different sigs just to see what the artist preferred in a guitar.
RR5

the matt tuck is all sparkelylrlery and gay
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by DimeLvR
You do know that RR stands for Randy Rhoads thus qualifying it under the sig list? I would get the RR5 though and swap out the PU's for Blackouts.
I knew someone would say that.

An RR is one of those exceptions. It really isn't a signature guitar. It is a series of guitars, which is far different then a signature guitar.

It's just the body shape Rhoads made, and Jackson decided to name the series after him.
Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON at Dec 20, 2009,
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON

An RR is one of those exceptions. It really isn't a signature guitar. It is a series of guitars, which is far different then a signature guitar.

It's just the body shape Rhoads made, and Jackson decided to name the series after him.

Exactly, btw, if ANY guitar would be a RR signature, it would be the gibson polkadot V or his white Les Paul. Not the Jackson concorde (that became the RR later on) that he rarely played.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON

I agree entirely. The RRs are not a line of signature guitars. They happen to be named after Mr. Rhoads, that is all. It really annoys me when people claim that all RRs and LPs are signature models.

To the TS, if you want an RR and like EMGs, have you considered the RR24 & RR24M? Or does the lack of a neck pickup put you off?
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
To the TS, if you want an RR and like EMGs, have you considered the RR24 & RR24M? Or does the lack of a neck pickup put you off?
Yeah i have but i really want a guitar that doesnt have a floyd rose on, my 2 previous guitars have had floyds on and im just fed up with them tbh.

As someone said, the hassle of switching pickups to save about £50 doesnt seem that worth it when im getting an ebony fretboard, which i prefer for an extra £50.

Also i love matt tuck so i don't see any problem being associated with him and i can't see what is wrong with buying a signiture guitar anyway, maybe a certain artist has the same preferances as you.

I think i'm leaning towards the matt tuck white and black model beause i wont have to go through the hassle of switching pickups and the addition of the ebony fretboard but thanks everyone for their opinion.
Neither, if you like the sig one get an RR24.
Gear:

• ESP LTD SC 207
  • Washburn X200 PRO E
  • Squier Strat (in bits LOL)
  • Line 6 Toneport ux1