ok, so ive heard that if you're going to play a song in like drop c and other lowered tunings then u need to adjust something with the neck, is this true?
Quote by Enihs
what about an epiphone les paul standard?

it depends on what tuning you primarily use, and how the neck has settled, if you think you've got a problem take it to a tech
Quote by britishsligean
it depends on what tuning you primarily use, and how the neck has settled, if you think you've got a problem take it to a tech

well i'd rather not wait for a problem to happen.

btw i usually have it in standard E, but i wanna go down to drop C
Eh, depends on the guitar. I put mine from Standard, to Drop C to Open C without any problems in the neck bowing or anything. You'll probalby just want a set of thicker strings for that tuning and after a couple months take it to a shop or something and make sure its all good
If you are gonna leave it in that tuning, get it set up. If you are just gonna play a few songs one day, probably need to use change the strings, play your songs and change strings back. Or just tune down with the strings you have and try it out. Just make sure to tune back up when you are done. But to have you guitar play the best in those lower tunings you should use heavier gauge strings and make sure the inotation is right as well as the tension.

Or if you want these lower tunings as part of your playing on a regular baisis, get another guitar...
In the Valley of Vung