so this long time customer and friend of mine comes to see me and he tells me about the 2x12 cab that he had custom built from son set beach. the guy at son set beach is an ex-orange amplification employee. so its the same thing you would get if you called orange for a custom build. its stereo 8 ohms with mismatched 25w something and a vintage 30. he says "whats the nicest multi-fx and power amp setup to go with my new cab. long story short, he gets a digidesign eleven rack, and a fryette two-fifty-two. behringer midi foot controller. he has a 6 space rack on wheels with a handle. there will be hater comments from people that never even heard this thing. I can tell you that I would take this guys setup over anything. you can actually practice in the headphones with the same sound you use to play live. you can step on a pedal and go directly to the sound you want without the tap dance. the extra expression pedal can be used to control any parameter of any virtual stomp box. in my opinion, you cant get a simpler rig that has this many features or sounds this good for the price. axe fx mabey but its $1800. what do you think of this guys rig?
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
Not the best, but pretty decent. I'm not jealous but I wouldn't mind adding that rig to mine
"Steven Seagal is like godzilla for barbies" -> Retard
The only things I've heard of the Eleven Rack are clips and tbh, I much prefer the AxeFx clips and the tones I've heard live of the AxeFx.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
metal guys dont like the eleven cause the only metal amp it has is the soldano SLO100. so you cant get all those crunch, thrash, chugg chugg chugg sounds. if your not a metal guy though, or you only do van halen, the eleven rack is not bad at all.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
Quote by mmolteratx
The only things I've heard of the Eleven Rack are clips and tbh, I much prefer the AxeFx clips and the tones I've heard live of the AxeFx.

yeah but it's like 1000 bucks more. The digidesign H8000 it's better than the axe fx, but for some reason it costs 5000 euros I wonder why..........
Quote by Wiintruder
yeah but it's like 1000 bucks more. The Eventide H8000 it's better than the axe fx, but for some reason it costs 5000 euros I wonder why..........

Actually, I liked the effects on the AxeFx better than almost any rack unit I've ever heard. Including the Eventide H8000. Guys like Dave Friedman (Rack Systems Ltd) agree as well. And the H8000 doesn't have the amp modeling.

Quote by fullsailstudent
metal guys dont like the eleven cause the only metal amp it has is the soldano SLO100. so you cant get all those crunch, thrash, chugg chugg chugg sounds. if your not a metal guy though, or you only do van halen, the eleven rack is not bad at all.

I'm a Jazz/Funk guy.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
Actually, I liked the effects on the AxeFx better than almost any rack unit I've ever heard. Including the Eventide H8000. Guys like Dave Friedman (Rack Systems Ltd) agree as well. And the H8000 doesn't have the amp modeling.

True, the axe-fx is better than most. But if that was completely true all amp brands would die I mean the AxeFx is amazing I even considered buying one myself but for me nothing beats a true valve amp. Modelling is useful for a lot of things but only to a certain point. Sometimes u need the real deal.

But I agree the axe fx gets closer to it than any other modelling rig.
Quote by Wiintruder
True, the axe-fx is better than most. But if that was completely true all amp brands would die I mean the AxeFx is amazing I even considered buying one myself but for me nothing beats a true valve amp. Modelling is useful for a lot of things but only to a certain point. Sometimes u need the real deal.

But I agree the axe fx gets closer to it than any other modelling rig.

Same, I'm just saying that if I had to have one, the AxeFx would be it and the Eleven likely wouldn't even be on my radar.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

i dont really like racks. its too technical for me. im more of a plug the guitar into a nice head and the head to a nice cab kinda guy. no fx at all. but sounds like he got what he wanted

but to answer your question, no i wouldnt be jealous
Quote by mmolteratx
Same, I'm just saying that if I had to have one, the AxeFx would be it and the Eleven likely wouldn't even be on my radar.

+1

Based on clips, IMO the Systems Eleven rack still has a ways to go in term of matching up to AxeFX for modeling, but it is a cheaper alternative to AxeFX.

Altho my experience with clips is that 99% of them don't truly represent the capabilities of the gear in question. The other 1% sounds better than the gear really does due to post-processing or other factors.

Quote by dlguitarmaster7
i dont really like racks. its too technical for me. im more of a plug the guitar into a nice head and the head to a nice cab kinda guy. no fx at all. but sounds like he got what he wanted

I would agree to this as well.

Racks take a lot of programming and unless you're:

1. A touring professional who doesn't want to tap dance on stage;
2. Willing to sit and program the rack.

It would be easier to get an amp (or a few amps) that will give you the tones you need.

However, what I do like about multiFX is the ability to pair them up with other power amps (AxeFX / Marshall preamp + Mesa Stereo 2:Ninety anyone?) for a mix of unique tones.

For the weekend warriors or the casual player, the task of programming the preamp can be more hassle than its worth, IMO.

Nonetheless the multitude of different amps available at your fingertips is an awesome feature.

Quote by Wiintruder
Sometimes u need the real deal.

+1234567890
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.