My acoustic cover of "Where is my Mind?" by The Pixies is up on my page:
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Ben+Baczenas/

I'm by no means a vocalist, but some crit would be nice as far as the structure and everything.

C4C!

Thanks,
Ben
1950s Classic Player's Series Fender Stratocaster
Line 6 Spider II
ESP F-50
Fender Acoustic
Crybaby-Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
I actually really liked it man your voice isn't insanely good but its not horrible and suits the song well (i'm not really the best to give vocal crits anyway as you'll see if ya crit any of mine).
Perhaps do away with kims? bits at the start or try them more melodicly, the high note is a bit much and gives a comedy feel to it, unless thats what you were going for in which case bravo i laughed.
Anyway, good show theres a few bits and bobs on my profile if ya wanna crit, if not its cool i aint fishing.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
really liked it, vocals really arent half bad.
dont like the sound of the plectrum on the acoustic guitar tho. maybe use a thicker plectrum?
well done!
@ Alkalineweeman: Thank you! I make music for entertainment of others, so if you got a comedic incentive from it, rock on, I did my job! My crit to you; good stuff over all, you're right about the vocals being spotty, but i'm not gunna rag ya for that man. Just tighten up some of the timing on certain spots of the bass + guitar, such on "Ten Below" when the bass kicks in. Overall, well done!

@ beatreebor: Thank you too! The acoustic quality will be better next song, as i'm getting a new SM-57 mic and new software for Christmas and my B-day.

Thanks for the crit, let's get more on here!

-Ben
Line 6 Spider II
ESP F-50
Fender Acoustic
Crybaby-Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
NICE! It's actually really good! Nice work! (Are you also doing the "ooh-oohsss"? I'd totally listen to this cover the Pixies version is still awesome though of course lol!
i really enjoyed this, the vocals in the verse sound really couldnt-care-less, which was probably what the pixies intended to sound like, you captured that sound really well. i must agree with beatreebor about the pick though, it sounds a bit like its dragging over the string a little too much, a thicker gauge would sort you out fine.

really decent cover man, awesome

if you fancied it, i just made a thread promoting my latest cover, heres the link (which include profile link and stuff).

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1248895

theres 6 songs on my profile, if you wanted to have a look at any of them.
@coco-loco: Thanks, and yes it is me doing the "oo-oohsss" haha.

@Stud_Muffin: Thank you, I just listened to your "Toothpaste Kisses" cover. Overall, I liked it, and i've never even heard the song. Just my crit from a mixing standpoint; the vox were a little loud compared to the rhythm guitar. Also, the mic seemed to pick up a lot more bass than treble, which I think took away a bit from the upbeat mood of the song. But like I said, as a package, a pretty damn good feel-good song! Well done!

Any more takers on some crit duties?

-Ben
Line 6 Spider II
ESP F-50
Fender Acoustic
Crybaby-Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Hey Ben,

Brilliant cover, realllllly liked this. I feel like a broken record when I talk about vocals. I think the major "problem" if you could call it that is similar to a few people I've listened to on this board.

First I'll say, it sounds good so dont think I'm saying the vocals are bad, they arent at all but they could easily be improved. Its about the tension in your body. So I can hear on the verse, mostly in the first verse your larynx is very tight. What this is usually caused by is tension in the neck, sticking the neck out, or "throat singing" without getting to technical basically its all to do with this idea of the psyche using the body to help the get the note - even if it doesnt help!

So what you need to do next time you sing is breathe before, relax be in a relax state of mind, not worry about the high notes, and make sure you dont lift your chin. It should be more down than up. I believe this is from the nerves of singing as it gets less as the song goes on.

I can bet 2 things. 1 - doing the chrous and "ooooo"'s didnt hurt
2. The verse's did!

Just chill before singing, dont worry about it, dont lift your head and strain your neck, drink water and you will get a much richer tone.

Would you mind criting this for me? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1151919
Thanks Killian, but I'm not a vocalist haha, so I don't really have much control over the things you have, but i'm sure it really is good advice!

As far as good cheap guitars, i'd like to know what style(s) of music you'd want it for. Lemme know!

Thanks for the crit, let's get some more rolling in here!
Line 6 Spider II
ESP F-50
Fender Acoustic
Crybaby-Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Damn man that was pretty sick. My only suggestion is from a production standpoint: I wouldn't use that drum pattern, I think if you replaced it with claps instead it would add a really cool vibe. That's just my opinion though, i'd be interested to see if you could mix it like that!

Let's get some more Crit for "Where is my mind?"!

Always C4C!
Line 6 Spider II
ESP F-50
Fender Acoustic
Crybaby-Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Hey man. I'm not too familiar with the Pixies so I have not heard this song before...

Honestly it took me a minute to get used to your voice, but once I did I found myself really enjoying it. I thought the chorus sounded the best. There was nothing really wrong with the guitar IMO, i kind of like that "scratchy" sound. All in all, good job!

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1251235
Thank you boxcar! The chorus is totally in my vocal range haha, the verse is way out there, but thanks none the less!

As for my crit to you: I really enjoyed it. You two have very nice voices and the harmonies went well with the lead vox. Nothing wrong with the guitar playing per say, but it sounded a bit out of tune. I've never heard the original so it was a nice introduction to it. Very well done.

Bring on more Crit UG, I can take it! I've always got some Crit 4 ya Crit! Thanks!

-Ben
Line 6 Spider II
ESP F-50
Fender Acoustic
Crybaby-Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion