I know this is a guitar forum but I figure that I cant be the only drummer here.

I am getting a new set soon and I cant decide between Tama(A trusted name in drums) and DDrum(new but from what I can tell not bad).

I cant find much info on DDrums other than on there website. I cant really find any product reviews or anything like that.

Anyone have any experience with DDrum?
For some reason i would put this in guitar accessories.
They don't sleep anymore on the beach..
Dude this totally belongs in the drum forum...............................We can only wish
❒ Taken ❒ Single ✔ Would like a sandwich

Vereor Deus

Quote by dann_blood
Branding!?!? THAT'S TOO PROGRESSIVE! I say bring back settlement payments in weights of lead and impalement upon wooden stakes!

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Oh! Sorry, I thought that was a braille name tag.
Quote by sasquatch.drums
I know this is a guitar forum but I figure that I cant be the only drummer here.
I am getting a new set soon and I cant decide between Tama(A trusted name in drums) and DDrum(new but from what I can tell not bad).

I cant find much info on DDrums other than on there website. I cant really find any product reviews or anything like that.

Anyone have any experience with DDrum?

OUTLANDER!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by ratracekid111
Dude this totally belongs in the drum forum...............................We can only wish

There should be a drum forum here. This site is awesome but sadly geared only towards guitarists.
Quote by sasquatch.drums
There should be a drum forum here. This site is awesome but sadly geared only towards guitarists.

Gee I wonder why?...(looks at site name)....I wonder why?
Quote by sasquatch.drums

clues in the name brah!
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by sasquatch.drums

The big clue is in the name...

I'd probably go with tama just because they are tried & tested - what kind of budget are you looking at? I don't know a lot about drums personally, but I live with 2 drummers/gearheads.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by sasquatch.drums

yeah haha thanks for agreeing with me but www.ULTIMATE-GUITAR.com

❒ Taken ❒ Single ✔ Would like a sandwich

Vereor Deus

Quote by dann_blood
Branding!?!? THAT'S TOO PROGRESSIVE! I say bring back settlement payments in weights of lead and impalement upon wooden stakes!

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Oh! Sorry, I thought that was a braille name tag.
Quote by Sonny_sam
The big clue is in the name...

I'd probably go with tama just because they are tried & tested - what kind of budget are you looking at? I don't know a lot about drums personally, but I live with 2 drummers/gearheads.

I am looking at spending no more than like 850. Which is where I run into a problem with Tama. They are the industry standard but they are also very very pricey.
I reccommend Pearl.
"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

e-married to zgr0826
I can't recommend specific models, but if you find a decent drum review site, you should find some stuff - take a look at tama, mapex, gretsch, premier & pearl.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
My band's drummer uses DDrum, and to be honest I think they're pretty good. I don't know loads about drums, but from what I hear they're cheaper, but still good. If you're on a tight budget then I'd say they're a good option.
Quote by Austyn6661
(Invalid img)

So in other words, avoid DDrums like the plague.
Keep your friends close, and your enemies at gunpoint.
Where words fail, bullets speak.
Violence never solved anything, except for every conflict ever.

30-Day Album progress:
DONE.
Go ahead, click it. Ya know you want to.
Chicken.

On a more serious Pearl note is better.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

I'd say none of them. Yamaha has some good ones that are as overpriced than the big names. After that you can go with OCDP.
ಠ_ಠ
My favourite kit I've played was my friends yamaha, the toms sounded amazing, I've played 3 pearl kits and none of the toms sounded as good, and my buddy tuned the toms on 2 of them to the same as his kit (our school has 2 pearl kits).

The bass on his kit was just plain out brutal, it was solid as hell. The bass on the 2 pearl kits the school has (they're about the same price as his kit) sound terrible, completely wimpy.

Go with yamaha man.
Quote by I.O.T.M
Taking the piss out of Americans is like bullying retards, it's unashamedly one-sided but extremely gratifying.
Quote by a7xplayer
I would get either. Go try some kits out and see which one you like the best. Mapex also makes great quality kits. Tama is very expensive so going with something like Mapex or ddrum will probably be a lot cheaper.

This. Just remember you've got to buy cymbals, and some new heads depending on how good the stock ones are. and cymbals are expensive as shit so I'd go for the ddrum myself
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]