Hi fellas!

A couple of months ago I bought my first proper amp. (So not one borrowed from friends) It was a great amp for the money however I have grown a huge disliking for it. I don't regret my choice but I hope to sell it with a profit and get another one.

I will probably sell it for at least 600 euros. I can add a bit of money to that but let's say the max is 800 euros.

I would like to know what good amps are around 800 euros (Yes I'll do secondhand).

I play a lot of different styles but no High-gain metal stuff. Although I'm not gigging right now I hope to in the near future so a bit of power would be nice. An effects loop would also be favorable.

Any tips?

Thanks in Advance
-MB
What did you have?
Why precisely did you not like it?
how high gain is high gain metal?
are cleans important to you?
mainly rhythm or lead sound?
What was it? Is it that shamefull you wont tell us?

Vox Ac30cc1
Orange Rocker 30 (No effects loop)
Laney Lionheart
Egnater Rebel 30
Fender Blues Deluxe
Quote by beckyjc
What was it? Is it that shamefull you wont tell us?

Vox Ac30cc1
Orange Rocker 30 (No effects loop)
Laney Lionheart
Egnater Rebel 30
Fender Blues Deluxe

For the price, the lionheart doesn't have the power he will need in the future. If you see a used Rocker 30 for 800 or less, show me please.

The rebel 30 is a good one however.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
The lionheart L20H is 480 on thomann. 20 watts is giggable easily. Esp with the 212 cab (Though its like 100 euros over budget if you get that cab.)

http://www.thomann.de/gb/orange_rocker_30_gitarrencombo.htm 888 there, so i cant imagine it being hard to get one for under 800 used...
Quote by beckyjc
The lionheart L20H is 480 on thomann. 20 watts is giggable easily. Esp with the 212 cab (Though its like 100 euros over budget if you get that cab.)

http://www.thomann.de/gb/orange_rocker_30_gitarrencombo.htm 888 there, so i cant imagine it being hard to get one for under 800 used...

Wow, I apologize. I was wrong. I guess prices are REALLY jacked on UK amps in the US. You can't get Rockers used under 1000. The Lionheart is 900ish new for the head.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by Artemis Entreri
Wow, I apologize. I was wrong. I guess prices are REALLY jacked on UK amps in the US. You can't get Rockers used under 1000. The Lionheart is 900ish new for the head.

europeans can say the same about us amps and gear, they're miles cheaper in the us, probably because of different tax rates
Haha, no probs, I never realised you were in the US. You guys get ripped off on the likes of marshall/vox/orange/laney where-as we get ripped off on mesa/fender and all the USA made stuff.

Baring in mind this is euros too, and the prices are jacked more-so for the rest of europe then in the UK. The rocker we can get for like £600 new (It's £800 on thomann), which is aroound about $1000.

Thankfully I like british voiced amps, so im gratefull to live in the UK.
Quote by doive
What did you have?
Why precisely did you not like it?
how high gain is high gain metal?
are cleans important to you?
mainly rhythm or lead sound?

A Marshall TSL602 with a Marshall/Celestion Vintage and a Marshall/Celestion Heritage in there.

It's too fizzy with hardly any definition at all with just a little bit of gain. The cleans are ok but a little dull. Also it's just not my tone if that makes any sense

High gain metal was supposed to be: high gain, metal. So what I meant was I don't play a lot of metal. So there's no need for that much gain.

Cleans are quite important. You can dirty up a nice clean easily, but try cleaning up a dirty one.

It would be mainly Rhytm I suppose. Or maybe some bluesy leads. But not a huge solo man.

Quote by beckyjc
Vox Ac30cc1 Orange Rocker 30 (No effects loop) Laney Lionheart Egnater Rebel 30 Fender Blues Deluxe

My first thought was the VoxAc30cc1 but I've read quite a lot of terrible reviews about it.

The Orange Rocker 30 is a bit too simplistic.

I haven't checked the other ones out properly yet. But thanks for the tips!
The voxes badmouthing is mainly due to the manufacturing being in china, and ive heard about them being unreliable, with a warranty youd be fine.

It's been a long while since I tried one, but it was a beautifull sounding amp, very full thick jangly cleans. Give it a try, it'll kick your marshalls ass. If the reliability scares you off a bit the new heritage handwireds are supposed to be 100x better.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/vox_ac15htvh.htm

Way more simplistic though and quite a bit more pricey.

Agreed about the R30, especially if cleans are important to you, that amp severely lacks in the cleans department.
Last edited by beckyjc at Dec 19, 2009,
Ok so after checking out the other amps I'm now stuck between the

Vox AC30CC and the Fender Blues Deluxe

What are the pros and cons of both in general?

Thanks again lads