Page 1 of 11
Searchbarred well for this and i'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned before, even in the politics or gay thread.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/nov/29/uganda-death-sentence-gay-sex
(forget that it was 20ish days ago)

This is horrible, I don't care if it's public opinion that gays should be killed. It's proposal that, if passed, will ensure Ugandan society will never progress beyond bigroty and homosexual witchhunts.
This is pretty serious stuff at the moment, and a lot of Africa already has anti-homosexual laws.
To give this thread a topic, what is your opinion on public opinion? And whether it should be stopped if it can stoop to this level? Would that violate democracy or is democracy all social groups living without fear of prosecution?
Go.

Edit: This includes bi-sexuals as well

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Last edited by hugh20 at Dec 19, 2009,
they shouldn't be gay then
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
This is just downright ridiculous.

"We are talking about anal sex. Not even animals do that,"

Excuse me, humans do it all the time. Straight or gay.
Quote by sglover34479
I think I don't live there and it's none of my business. Same for you. Live your life the way you want to, that's their country and if the people want out they'll find a way. They live there for a reason.

Hope this is a joke
"My name is Forrest, Forrest Gump. People call me Forrest Gump"
Quote by chaoticfables

The fools should take a look on google sometimes .... they'd be surprised.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
If no one steps in with all the other things that go on in those shithole countries, I'd doubt they'd step in to try and stop this.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by chaoticfables

dont forget there have been gay penguins and dolphins
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
Quote by sglover34479
I think I don't live there and it's none of my business. Same for you. Live your life the way you want to, that's their country and if the people want out they'll find a way. They live there for a reason.
They were born there?

stratkat
Quote by Colgate Total
If no one steps in with all the other things that go on in those shithole countries, I'd doubt they'd step in to try and stop this.

Yeah, to be honest if Jacob Zuma is allowed to ru(i)n a country ....
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
Quote by giiii
Hope this is a joke

No joke, if he really feels that strongly about it, then he should go there, become a politician and help to do something about it. I'm obviously wording this all rather badly, because I'm tired and haven't slept much, but we should worry about fixing up our own countries before we start judging everyone else's right? Look at america always having shit talked about for poking it's nose where it shouldn't have been.

Quote by EuBoat
They were born there?

Then they probably don't know they are gay, by the time they find out they will soon enough be able to leave, or like I mentioned, to do something to help fix it.
Last edited by sglover34479 at Dec 19, 2009,
That's terrible!
I'll have to ask my flatmate about all this, her family are british expats in Uganda and she returned there for christmas earlier in the week.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

Quote by sglover34479
No joke, if he really feels that strongly about it, then he should go there, become a politician and help to do something about it. I'm obviously saying something stupid, because I'm retarded and ignorant, but we should worry about fixing up our own countries before we start judging everyone else's right? Look at america always having shit talked about for poking it's nose where it shouldn't have been.

My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
Quote by sglover34479

Fuck that. If you honestly think that then you are one of the most laziest people I could imagine. People who have done no harm to absolutely anyone are going to be killed because of their own disposition?

If here in the UK we decided 'actually we're going to murder anyone who's Arab' you'd be in utter outrage. You wouldn't just say 'well that's none of my business' because you know it's not only totally wrong but completely unjustifiable.

Fuck borders. This is my world, my race, and my opinion is just as bloody valid regardless of where I am on the map.
The gays should kill Bill.

That'd show him.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by sglover34479
No joke, if he really feels that strongly about it, then he should go there, become a politician and help to do something about it. I'm obviously wording this all rather badly, because I'm tired and haven't slept much, but we should worry about fixing up our own countries before we start judging everyone else's right? Look at america always having shit talked about for poking it's nose where it shouldn't have been.

Then they probably don't know they are gay, by the time they find out they will soon enough be able to leave, or like I mentioned, to do something to help fix it.

Yeah... have you been to africa lately? People are kind of poor, and it's not exactly easy to leave a country just like that.

Plus this is clearly a breach of human rights and downright idiotic.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Demon Wolf

That'd show him.

I think Uma Thurman already did ...

and it doesn't seem to have stopped him.
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
Quote by Demon Wolf

That'd show him.

You stole my joke. I was gonna say something like
Kill, Bill!
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by Craigo
Fuck that. If you honestly think that then you are one of the most laziest people I could imagine. People who have done no harm to absolutely anyone are going to be killed because of their own disposition?

If here in the UK we decided 'actually we're going to murder anyone who's Arab' you'd be in utter outrage. You wouldn't just say 'well that's none of my business'. Fuck borders. This is my world, my race, and my opinion is just as bloody valid regardless of where I am on the map.

No I agree they shouldn't be killed, and I agree with most of what you say. I don't agree with borders, but they are there now and we should focus on making our own countries better before we start helping others should we not? You can't lend money to people if you don't have enough to live on yourself.
Quote by sglover34479
Some know before they are 10. I'd hardly call that old enough do something about it.

I also agree with what Craigo said.

stratkat
Quote by sglover34479
No I agree they shouldn't be killed, and I agree with most of what you say. I don't agree with borders, but they are there now and we should focus on making our own countries better before we start helping others should we not? You can't lend money to people if you don't have enough to live on yourself.

That's not what my post was about at all. I didn't call for action, I called to be able to have a bloody opinion on it.

Innocent people are dying needlessly. It is my business.
Last edited by Craigo at Dec 19, 2009,
Quote by sglover34479

So what you're saying is genocide is all a matter of timing?
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22

Quote by daeqwon10000
Interesting. I was about to reward radical Islam for another African coup. But it appears the it is the result of radical Christianity. Disgusting either way.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by sglover34479

I really hope you can finally stop believing the whole 'God doesn't like gay sex' stuff someday. It's pretty dangerous stuff.
Quote by sglover34479
Why do conservatives consistently say stupid shit like this?
Quote by Craigo
That's not what my post was about at all. I didn't call for action, I called to be able to have a bloody opinion on it.

Innocent people are dying needlessly. It is my business.

Alright, I'm not saying you can't voice an opinion man
I just voiced mine at TS, he is outraged, but why doesn't he voice the same outrage at other injustices happening in his own country first? Many big countries are in the shitter, it isn't exactly the time to be focusing on helping other people, we need to rebuild ourselves. That's my opinion, and I have the right to voice it.
Quote by tommyt
pfft, what's up their ass?

Ba Dum Tssst!
Gear:
Agile Septor Pro 727 EB Nat Ash
ESP/LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 Head
Vox 4x12 Cabinet
I also thought this thread was about a man named bill that was gonna kill gays in Uganda.
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

Quote by sglover34479
I just voiced mine at TS, he is outraged, but why doesn't he voice the same outrage at other injustices happening in his own country first? Many big countries are in the shitter, it isn't exactly the time to be focusing on helping other people, we need to rebuild ourselves. That's my opinion, and I have the right to voice it.

I'm outraged at bloody loads of things. When I express a foreign problem I don't need to before hand list everything I dislike about my own country first.

Not only that, you can read your own country's news and care for other foreign affairs, too.
Did they ask for our help?

-If yes, turn to page 46 and go help.

-If no, turn to page 17 and mind our own business.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by Craigo
I really hope you can finally stop believing the whole 'God doesn't like gay sex' stuff someday. It's pretty dangerous stuff.

>.< What's that got to do with it?

Ah **** it I'm just gonna get bukkake'd with more of this, I'm out guys.
Interesting choice of words.

Quote by Craigo

I already tried to convince him.

And TS, this was in the Gay Thread a week or two ago.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Dec 19, 2009,
Quote by guitarhero_764
Why do conservatives consistently say stupid shit like this?

I'm conservative. I don't say stupid shit like that. Change your question to "Why do stupid people consistenly say stupid shit like that"
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by sglover34479

First of all it's entirely possible to do both, second of all what's a new thing going on in america right now that beats gay people being killed for being gay? It's kind of an important issue to adress.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Jackal58
Interesting. I was about to reward radical Islam for another African coup. But it appears the it is the result of radical Christianity. Disgusting either way.

I'd say pseudo-radical Christianity. I doubt any Christian would do this.

This law is gay.
I don't know much about the area but what is the chance something like this would pass? I mean without any outside interference.
epic7734
Quote by Craigo
Fuc
Fuck borders. This is my world, my race, and my opinion is just as bloody valid regardless of where I am on the map.

Well, since it's your world, your race, don't stand for such an injustice. Get on a plane and go over there to actually make a difference in the lives of the people who's plight you're waving around on the forum here.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you