hey all, I'm not that experienced in recording into a computer, I saw the line 6 ux2, and I understand that it comes with recording software unlike the ux1 , my question is, when you use something like this on your compter, do you have to use different speakers? currently I run a mixer through my home stereo for guitar and vocals, record onto a cassette, then run a cassette player through computer, onto audacity, then switch files to mp3's and then burn, needless to say it does lose something in all the conversions.

thanks for your help
You can use your computer speakers, but you're better off with legit monitors. Either way, everything takes place on your computer, and there's no shuffling around to be done with other stuff like you're been doing. Get the UX2, you'll be glad you did.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I use my Computer subwoofer system and it sounds great... also the UX1 and UX2 (now called Pod Studio) both come with Ableton Live LITE - I recommend you download REAPER and use it - it's really a nice DAW (Recording Software - stands for DIGITAL AUDIO WORKSTATION) and it's FREE to download - they want you to buy it after the 30-days but it will still run fine forever if you don't (although I say buy it cause it's worth the lousy $60 and the developer works hard to keep it updated). I'd recommend it over Ableton Live any day of the week - Ableton is weird IMO - Reaper is a Standard looking DAW with full VST support, etc. and will work with any interface that I know of - the UX1 or 2 will work great with it.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Ableton is AMAZING but it has a huge learning curve and a TON of functions you probably won't use. It's worth looking into, check some of the videos on their website before you write it off!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
what about adobe audition 3??? compared to reaper?

i seem to fine adobe audition easy cause i had used cool edit pro in the past...