http://8tracks.com/woodenbandman/woodenbandman-s-december-2009-mix

Here's the tracklist to my late mix. I wanted to represent all the things I've discovered in metal, but I don't have enough to fit them all it. Expect power metal, folk metal, Death/Melodeath, and a hint of Deathcore (Wait, don't go!).

1. Children of Bodom - Lookin' Out My Back Door: I've decided to start it out with something upbeat, cheery, and humorous. Also, Children of Bodom are my favorite band, and I wanted to include them.
2. Iron Savior - Tyranny of Steel. An epic tale of Iron Pirates in outer space. Power Metal band formed by Piet Sielck and Kai Hansen.
3. Exmortus - Axes of War. Picking up the pace a bit, a mix of speed, power, thrash, death, and neoclassical metal.
4. Origin - Finite. 280 BPM of ridiculous tech death. I actually know this guitarist, and he's a super guy.
5 and 6. Burn the Priest double feature - Bloodletting and Dimera. Lamb of God's earliest incarnation, sort of a blackened death metal/hardcore hybrid.
7. Children of Bodom - If You want Peace, Prepare for War. Bringing Children of Bodom back in for a bit, because I love them so much.
8. As Blood Runs Black - In Dying Days. New band out of LA, extremely talented.
9. Alestorm - Captain Morgan's Revenge - Slowing it down a bit, Scottish metal pirates Alestorm to bring the house down. When I say hillshire, you say farms! Hillshire! Farms! Go Meat!
10. Ensiferum - Dragonheads. Closing the set, Ensiferum with this classic viking anthem. May we meet again in Valhalla.

This concludes our broadcast day.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
Last edited by woodenbandman at Dec 19, 2009,
you should call this "great metal bands you need to hear", i love bodom n alestorm, if you have bodom on a list twice i defo goin checkin the other bands out now
Hah thanks man, I do believe that these are great bands that everyone needs to hear. Make sure you pay attention to Iron Savior, Origin, and Exmortus.
My Blog

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
The only list thats been on here that Ive zero interest in listening to.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Feel free to not, then.

EDIT: If you want peace, etc had a problem in the upload, fixed it right up.
My Blog

Last edited by woodenbandman at Dec 19, 2009,
Meh, I've heard most of this before, and what I haven't heard I don't care to listen to; sign me up for the next available spot, till next time.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
TS, I'm sorry, but I didn't like it.

Anyway, I would like to participate someday, too.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
You forgot to post the list.

Christmas Day Special Cianyx
New Years Day Special Psychopathology
JAN 8 piratemetalhead
JAN 15 \Powerslave/
JAN 22 Scourge441
JAN 29 Lappo
FEB 5 CG Man
FEB 12 VampireGoldfish
FEB 19 SeveredSurvival
FEB 26 andyscoot
MAR 05 AnnihiSlateR
MAR 12 Guitar_Dan_666
MAR 19 raincoffin
MAR 26 DawnWalker
APR 02 The Wildchild
APR 09 Vanshaya
APR 16 InvaderTSN
APR 23 we_built_a_tree
APR 30 Contraband
MAY 07 linfield4466

EDIT: InvaderTSN added.

EDIT 2: we_built_a_tree and Contraband added.

EDIT 3: linfield4466 added.
Last edited by Scourge441 at Dec 27, 2009,
Just about the worst list UG Metal radio has ever had since its inoculate inception.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Quote by VampireGoldfish
Just about the worst list UG Metal radio has ever had since its inoculate inception.

I was gonna say 'Worse than mine!?' but then I looked up...yeah.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by VampireGoldfish

The only good band there is Origin, although I'll admit that I'm not familiar with Exmortus or Iron Savior. Ensiferum aren't bad either, but not good enough for me to listen to all the time.

Although, I do feel in an Ensiferum-y mood right now...
Quote by Scourge441
The only good band there is Origin, although I'll admit that I'm not familiar with Exmortus or Iron Savior. Ensiferum aren't bad either, but not good enough for me to listen to all the time.

Although, I do feel in an Ensiferum-y mood right now...

Exmortus are actually really good in my opinion, although I would have picked a better song.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by Scourge441

*list*

Sign me up, please.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Well, if anything, I did represent all the elitism that I discovered in the metal community.

That's the great thing about metal, though. Don't like it? Then gtfo.
My Blog

"Someone doesn't like my juvenile internet taste in metal... better resort to my trump card... I call elitism! Then, I'll pull the 'gtfo lol' that I've been practicing all day.

That'll show em."
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Sign me up for April/May. I'll be sure to have some good stuff on there. I have been dabbling

EDIT: As for this list, not a big fan. I mean, Ensiferum are good. Everything else is a snoozefest, sorry.
I've found Jesus
Quote by woodenbandman
Well, if anything, I did represent all the elitism that I discovered in the metal community.

That's the great thing about metal, though. Don't like it? Then gtfo.

You represented it?

...with two Children Of Bodom songs?
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
Hey Duncan id watch yer mouth if I was you, I hear those guys dont give a fucking flying fuck about anything motherfucker, they could pin you down and black nail polish your ass to death just for speaking ill of them!
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
FUCK
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
"4. Origin - Finite. 280 BPM of ridiculous tech death. I actually know this guitarist, and he's a super guy. "

Paul rules, he hooked me up with my guitar at GC, then proceeded to play for a little kid whose parents brought him in to buy his first guitar. if thats not a legit, solid dude then i dont know who is. and he's a super cool guy when i see him at shows.
^Dude no way I see him at shows all the time. Maybe I've seen you at shows before?
My Blog

Quote by VampireGoldfish
"Someone doesn't like my juvenile internet taste in metal... better resort to my trump card... I call elitism! Then, I'll pull the 'gtfo lol' that I've been practicing all day.

That'll show em."

No, it's okay, I don't care what you think. I like all those bands and songs, and I'm not going to stop just because you think that my music tastes are "juvenile." In fact, my music tastes ARE juvenile, I've only been a metalhead for the latter half of this year. I'm trying to be as open-minded as I can here. I just didn't realize that it was a cardinal sin to make a mix of multiple styles of metal. Melodic death, power metal, folk metal, neoclassical thrash, deathcore, viking metal... I'm sure that whatever your taste in metal, we can find something to agree on.

Notice how there are a lot of posts that say "Only interesting band(s) were/was X." So we have a bunch of people coming in and saying that the band that they like is great and all the others are crap. There's a word for that, I think, I'm pretty sure it's 'elitism?' So if liking a bunch of types of music is being "juvenile," then I don't want to have a "refined" taste in metal. After all, mixing multiple styles is how innovation comes around. It was the punk rock influence that mixed with NWOBHM to form thrash metal, after all.

Anyway, I'd like to conclude by saying that I appreciate the fact that we have a metal community so diverse that everyone can hate unanimously hate my mix because their favorite form of metal is mixed in with a lot of others. I probably would've gotten better feedback if I'd made an entirely black/doom/death/power/potato metal mix, but I don't really care.
My Blog

Quote by woodenbandman
No, it's okay, I don't care what you think. I like all those bands and songs, and I'm not going to stop just because you think that my music tastes are "juvenile." In fact, my music tastes ARE juvenile, I've only been a metalhead for the latter half of this year. I'm trying to be as open-minded as I can here. I just didn't realize that it was a cardinal sin to make a mix of multiple styles of metal. Melodic death, power metal, folk metal, neoclassical thrash, deathcore, viking metal... I'm sure that whatever your taste in metal, we can find something to agree on.

Notice how there are a lot of posts that say "Only interesting band(s) were/was X." So we have a bunch of people coming in and saying that the band that they like is great and all the others are crap. There's a word for that, I think, I'm pretty sure it's 'elitism?' So if liking a bunch of types of music is being "juvenile," then I don't want to have a "refined" taste in metal. After all, mixing multiple styles is how innovation comes around. It was the punk rock influence that mixed with NWOBHM to form thrash metal, after all.

Anyway, I'd like to conclude by saying that I appreciate the fact that we have a metal community so diverse that everyone can hate unanimously hate my mix because their favorite form of metal is mixed in with a lot of others. I probably would've gotten better feedback if I'd made an entirely black/doom/death/power/potato metal mix, but I don't really care.

Calm down man, not liking certain bands isn't elitism. EVERYONE here likes just about every genra of metal (and for some of us music in general). It's just, come on, CoB? At least throw one of their decent songs in there....
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Quote by woodenbandman

Nothing wrong with mixing styles on your radio. The problem was with the bands you picked, not the styles they play.

Quote by woodenbandman

You know who else likes a bunch of different types of metal? Every single regular in the forum. Saying "this band sucks" is expressing an opinion, not elitism.

Quote by woodenbandman

The problem was that you picked crappy examples of the genres you mixed together. Here's a hypothetical mix that I could post when it's my next turn:

Dark Tranquillity - Lost to Apathy
Sabaton - Panzer Battalion
Arsis - Worship Depraved
Suffocation - Catatonia
Burst - Immateria
Converge - Wretched World
Insomnium - The Killjoy
Primordial - Gallows Hymn

See? I made that mix from a bunch of different styles, mostly the same ones you use. The difference is that you A) picked bands that none of the regulars like (seriously, Children of Bodom and As Blood Runs Black?), whereas the bands I picked are respected here, and B) picked bands that everyone here already knows (a flaw that the list I posted also suffers from), while the point is to introduce new music to people.
Ignorance is bliss
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,

an unenlightened one
Decent list scourge, although I would have picked an older DT song, and I would have picked Maddening Disdain by Arsis. Also, scourge hit the nail on the head. Here, seeing as you're still a neophyte (not that there is anything wrong with that, we all were at some point) so to speak, allow me to show you.

Crypt of Kerberos-Cyclone of Insanity
Solstice-Blackthorn
Cosmic Atrophy-Prelude to Phantasmagoria
Crimson Glory-Lady of Winter
Lost Horizon-Highlander (The One)
Pensees Nocturnes-Dés-Espoir
Sadus-Hands of Fate
Vintersorg-Rainbow Demon
Scald-Sepulchral Bonfire
Jacula-Veneficium

There, a perfectly respectable list at least in my opinion. Diverse and good stuff in there, I don't know, your list just came off as condescending to me at least, how you posted a list full of bands for people to listen to which everyone here knows and has heard of. I'm not saying you have to have the blackest black metal from Micronesia, but it would be like me making a list with Slipknot, Disturbed, Trivium, As I lay Dying, or putting songs like The Trooper, Iron Man, Enter Sandman, etc. we've all heard it and it's just not appealing. Although Iron maiden and Black Sabbath are great, you get the idea, I hope.
Also, there are new bands there for you to listen to, Merry Belated Christmas.
Quote by Senor Kristian
^ No probs. My radio died down to the second page
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Yeah, I asked to be signed up as well, get on the ball man and add people already.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Quote by Scourge441

Christmas Day Special Cianyx
New Years Day Special Psychopathology
JAN 8 piratemetalhead
JAN 15 \Powerslave/
JAN 22 Scourge441
JAN 29 Lappo
FEB 5 CG Man
FEB 12 VampireGoldfish
FEB 19 SeveredSurvival
FEB 26 andyscoot
MAR 05 AnnihiSlateR
MAR 12 Guitar_Dan_666
MAR 19 raincoffin
MAR 26 DawnWalker
APR 02 The Wildchild
APR 09 Vanshaya
APR 16 InvaderTSN
APR 23 we_built_a_tree
APR 30 Contraband
MAY 07 linfield4466

EDIT: InvaderTSN added.

EDIT 2: we_built_a_tree and Contraband added.

EDIT 3: linfield4466 added.

olol. You can put me in May though I don't mind.
I've found Jesus
BTW! Guys, change mine and Lin's spots, I was talking to him on msn about it and he said he wants to do his earlier and I really don't have anything to show you guys, so just switch the spots for SeveredSurival and Linfield.
I drink your milkshake.
Quote by SeveredSurvival
BTW! Guys, change mine and Lin's spots, I was talking to him on msn about it and he said he wants to do his earlier and I really don't have anything to show you guys, so just switch the spots for SeveredSurival and Linfield.

OH thanks dude, I forgot to mention this haha
Glance into my eyes
and see the darkest shadows dancing
Playing in the desert of my life
Burning, -
and my soul is descending...

Sign me up for May 21st too
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
can you guys sign me up?
Quote by severed-metal
These don't sound like very good ambitions when driving...Judas Priest makes people want to go 200 mph, and Realm of Chaos is now an album for ramming shit. You are dangerous, dangerous people.

last.fm
Quote by linfield4466
OH thanks dude, I forgot to mention this haha

Anytime. <3
I drink your milkshake.