So guys, after the holidays, I should have around $700 total. Maybe more, maybe a bit less, but it should still be around that much.

Now, I was wondering that since I have enough to get a Mesa 2x12, should I get it, or would it be just as good to get an Avatar 2x12? I'm talking in terms of quality, sound, quality to price ratio, etc.

Thanks guys.
Why do you feel you need the two extra speakers? What's your amp and what are you looking for tone wise?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Why do you feel you need the two extra speakers? What's your amp and what are you looking for tone wise?

I meant get either the Avatar or the Mesa, not both, lol. Unless you meant the extra speaker instead of just my combo. In which case, it's because I'll be at band practice and doing smaller gigs.

As for tone, I'm looking at Behemoth, In Flames, Chimaira, etc. Kind of a wide variety, but they're some of my favorites. The amp will be here soon after I order the cab, but I want to keep it a surprise for my NAD.
I got my Mesa 2x12 used for 450$ CDN. Never tried an Avatar but the Mesa ones are hard to beat.
Peavey 3120
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Cabinet
Jackson RR5
Jackson DKMG
LTD EC-1000
TC Electronic Polytune
BOSS RV-5
BOSS DD-7
MXR 10-band EQ
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby
BOSS NS-2