Okay guys, I have 300 pounds to spend for a new amplifier for Christmas.
I really need some advice on which one to get, i'm looking for a Tube amplifier if possible, really a huge fan of Zeppelin and Guns n Roses, want a nice tone to rock out with.

So hit me with some amps please gents
well as long as you aren't gigging or jamming with a drummer i'd say a blackstar HT-5 mini half stack of a combo if yeh want... that is really the only tube amp i can think of that would be cheap enough
Not sure if you can afford the Tube model but a Peavy Vypyr would fit you great. It will get you any tone you want just about. All the way from some conway twitty to Dimebag Darrell.
If 300 pounds is as much as I think though you should be able to get the tube. Those for that much maybe you could get a Valveking and some pedals.
483.54 U.S. dollars is 300 pounds. I'm really looking into VOX amplifiers, as the Peavey series is really metal, and i'm not a metal player. Vox VT50 or something like that, does anyone own a VOX amp here for around my price?
Im sure the Vypyr could manage it, but youre right that it shines in the metal tones. Ive never really played VOX so I cant help there.
I'm very blues/soft rock/hard rock.. So like SRV/Hendrix - Chili Peppers - Guns N Roses.
Guns being the heaviest kind of tone I go to..
its transtube so like a blend of tubes and solid state i think? sry if im wrong but yea vox has a good rep for your classic rock kind of music...check into it
Quote by Stratopower
483.54 U.S. dollars is 300 pounds. I'm really looking into VOX amplifiers, as the Peavey series is really metal, and i'm not a metal player. Vox VT50 or something like that, does anyone own a VOX amp here for around my price?

im getting the vt50 for christmas =]. ive played it. its wonderfulllllllllll. but the valveking is nice too for what you play, you just might need some pedals.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
The LANEY LV300 sounds great with cleans and distortion, i've just found it for £239.99, check it out on Youtube folks, let me hear what you think!
Quote by MetalGuitarest
blackstar HT-5 mini half stack of a combo

this
It's all about feel
The Vox VT series aren't proper tube amps and for £300 you can do much better if all you want it for is bedroom practice. The Blackstar ht5 is perfect for those needs
http://www.valvepower.co.uk/

this, if you can get a cheap speaker cab somehow. i run mine through an epiphone valve junior cab, and it sounds great. they used to be £60, new, but they're a bit more now, unfortunately. thomann does a harley benton 1x12 which looks like it might be the same cab rebranded, but i'm not certain if it is or not. this one: http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_g112v.htm

you would need a speaker cable as well, i like the award session/cleartone ones, which are hard to beat for the money (about a tenner, and noticeably nicer than the planet waves ones i've tried at twice the price).

a boost/overdrive would help for guns n roses, but it does zep out of the box. srv might not sound 100% authentic, though, because it's more of a fender amp tone (and also a strat; if you don't have a strat you're not going to get either srv or hendrix 100%, and in that case the fact that the valvepower is a marshall clone is going to be less important, though obviously you'd still get closer to srv with a fender amp).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Dec 21, 2009,