m thinking of getting one of those on this x'mas .please suggest which one to get guys
X3 Live owner here.

If you're only going for an effects board, the XT should be sufficient, and you'll have some cash to spend on presents. I really don't have need to run two different modulations, two different delays, and two different reverbs at the same time. But I'm very sure there are those out there who do need super complex effects like that.

For amp modeling, the X3 butchers the XT. When you take the time to find a good combination of amps and stomp boxes, and pan them the right way, you'll get some awesome sounds. Just don't think that modeling can replace having a real amp in a live situation. I had to learn that with a very embarrassing talent show where my clean sounds sounded distorted, and my distorted tones were just f---ed. If you're going to use amp modeling live with either POD, for heaven's sakes have it go into the clean channel on a real amp, don't plug straight into the PA.

What it comes down to I guess is how complex you need it. If you're easy to please, the XT will do you well. If you're a perfectionist on your tone and effects, go for the X3. I personally don't feel I use my X3 to it's full potential, but I won't be trading it for anything anytime soon.
Last edited by Ghostmaker at Dec 19, 2009,
Quote by Ghostmaker
X3 Live owner here.

If you're only going for an effects board, the XT should be sufficient, and you'll have some cash to spend on presents. I really don't have need to run two different modulations, two different delays, and two different reverbs at the same time. But I'm very sure there are those out there who do need super complex effects like that.

For amp modeling, the X3 butchers the XT. When you take the time to find a good combination of amps and stomp boxes, and pan them the right way, you'll get some awesome sounds. Just don't think that modeling can replace having a real amp in a live situation. I had to learn that with a very embarrassing talent show where my clean sounds sounded distorted, and my distorted tones were just f---ed. If you're going to use amp modeling live with either POD, for heaven's sakes have it go into the clean channel on a real amp, don't plug straight into the PA.

What it comes down to I guess is how complex you need it. If you're easy to please, the XT will do you well. If you're a perfectionist on your tone and effects, go for the X3. I personally don't feel I use my X3 to it's full potential, but I won't be trading it for anything anytime soon.

thnx for the reply . my plan is to create my own tone after purchasing x3 or xt . i havent tested neither in a shop or so, just watched videos about those . and i was quite pleased to see how pod delivers the sound specially lead tones.i also need some classic clean tones. i will try to make some complex lead tones as well. after deciding about pod this x'mas , i was confused about x3 or podxt live. i keep asking myself, should i go for the big one(x3) straightaway, or Podxt live would be sufficient for me.