Hey here =)!
Im looking for some help, Ive been playing guitar for a year, mostly by myself.
Ive learnt, but I feel like im stuck..i specially get confused with vocabulary, but anyway.
I want some motivation too... and maybe some tips please=D!
Ive read about music theory too, but I guess and to stupid to comprehend=(.
PM me if youd like and thanks in advance=)
If you want motivation, try seeing if any friends play drums or even guitar and play with other people.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Custom Stratocaster
BOSS GT-3 Effects Processor
ValveKing Tube Head 100W
ValveKing 412 4x12 400W Cabinet

My Songs & Covers:
(Soon To Come)

id start with learning the musical alphabet that could help then learn the major scale and intervals
When I'm really uninspired, I usually just take a walk with my dog and listen to music
Normally, listening to a awesome guitar solo is all I need

Then I realize I suck when I can't play it as good as the track
Exactly my case

Quote by Gods_Gift
When I'm really uninspired, I usually just take a walk with my dog and listen to music
Normally, listening to a awesome guitar solo is all I need

Then I realize I suck when I can't play it as good as the track
Get a teacher. It will be a huge help.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by Junior#1
Get a teacher. It will be a huge help.

lol if i had money for a teacher i wouldnt be here asking for advice=p
Quote by HazardousDreams

While not being rude, I would like to tell you that having a teacher is the best thing you can do.

Maybe you should reconsiderate it?

Quote by poopsmith666
I sincerely hope one day you look back at this post and realize how ignorant you're being about the concept of getting high.

Quote by strat0blaster
Out of those choices, I'm going to go with the Bastrapple.
Quote by ArnaudJ
While not being rude, I would like to tell you that having a teacher is the best thing you can do.

Maybe you should reconsiderate it?

...I'm not sure you can reconsider your fiscal status.
Look everywhere for inspiration. Listen to a favorite guitarist and figure out what it is that he does to create his "sound." Getting a teacher can really help but if you don't have the cash then you just don't have the cash. There are many resources online to help you out but it has to start with you.
Quote by HazardousDreams

Well that's not always the case. Some people with teachers still post here for advice.

What kind of vocabulary are you having trouble with? Is it like staccato, crescendo, ritardando etc.? Or is it more based around technique and theory?

We can help you with vocabulary and playing technique and stuff like that, but when it comes to motivation, you have to find a way to motivate yourself. Everyone has different people they look up to and goals they set for themselves. Who do you look up to? What do you want to learn? Etc.

For me, my motivation is people like John Petrucci and Paul Gilbert. I'm amazed my their ability and that pushes me to play and practice more.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Quote by Junior#1
ritardando

For some reason I can't make myself believe this is a word.
Quote by Eag1e
For some reason I can't make myself believe this is a word.

Yeah well that's music for you.
Quote by Geldin
As some people allready said: Write your own songs, play with a friend or two that plays guitar as well (or drums or.. whatever that fits you really..). That's what made me go back to playing a long time ago when i felt "done".
Quote by Junior#1
Well that's not always the case. Some people with teachers still post here for advice.

What kind of vocabulary are you having trouble with? Is it like staccato, crescendo, ritardando etc.? Or is it more based around technique and theory?

We can help you with vocabulary and playing technique and stuff like that, but when it comes to motivation, you have to find a way to motivate yourself. Everyone has different people they look up to and goals they set for themselves. Who do you look up to? What do you want to learn? Etc.

For me, my motivation is people like John Petrucci and Paul Gilbert. I'm amazed my their ability and that pushes me to play and practice more.

Id like help with all of that :|
like literally noob intro into the music worldXD thanks