what do i have to do to get my new strings in tune?
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ernie-Ball-2215-Nickel-Slinky-Skinny-Top-Heavy-Bottom-Electric-Guitar-Strings-100096764-i1122272.gc

also i dont know if its the tension but they make my bridge pop out and the strings are farther away from the fretboard. they sort of pop out. my old strings were really close to the fretboard which i liked because i got the feeling i could play faster..

does any one have any advice?

thank you
Quote by davem27
what do i have to do to get my new strings in tune?
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ernie-Ball-2215-Nickel-Slinky-Skinny-Top-Heavy-Bottom-Electric-Guitar-Strings-100096764-i1122272.gc

also i dont know if its the tension but they make my bridge pop out and the strings are farther away from the fretboard. they sort of pop out. my old strings were really close to the fretboard which i liked because i got the feeling i could play faster..

does any one have any advice?

thank you

What are the previous gauge you used?

If it was 9-42 then you need to re-setup your guitar.

THe springs in your trem need to be tightened and you might need to make some truss rod adjustment to accomodate the new tension.
If the strings are too far away from the fretboard you may need to adjust the action. (see electric guitar section)
Quote by sfx
What are the previous gauge you used?

If it was 9-42 then you need to re-setup your guitar.

THe springs in your trem need to be tightened and you might need to make some truss rod adjustment to accomodate the new tension.

do not adjust your truss rod i repeat do not adjust your truss rod
just pull on the strings at the 12th fret and stretch them out then retune they are just new strings they will break in.
Quote by scott58
Worst? I don't know. My buddies old MG 10 until we turned it into a cup holder and ash tray.
go to the stickie thread in EG. there is a locking trem thread. rest assured, this is normal and your strings are not defective.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
He already said the bridge is lifted. So most likely he changed string gauge. He might need to take it to a tech if he can't do what I suggested.
Quote by sfx
He already said the bridge is lifted. So most likely he changed string gauge. He might need to take it to a tech if he can't do what I suggested.

can happen with same guage strings bro jangles agreed on letting a tech set it up.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Tighten your bridge with the screws at the back, easy peasy. There's a million sites offering guitar setup advice on the net, so fire up Google!

You'll probably find that a few turns of the bridge adjustment screws is sufficient to get it playing well again, but if you've made a big change in gauge a slight tighten of the truss rod could give you a more consistent action across the full length of the neck.

I don't give a damn what strings they are - you haven't even bothered to tell us what your guitar is, so don't expect any decent advice.