I'm brand new to cubase. I literally just installed it. I have a question about the inputs and outputs I'm using. I would like to use my E-Mu tracker pre as my input and I have already accomplished that but I would like to use my computers built in outputs (the plain computer speakers and not the jacks on the back of my interface).

How do I do this?
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
if you're using Windows, as far as i know this cannot be done.
the system can only use one audio device driver at one time.

in Mac OS X you could create and Aggrigate Device in the Audio setup panel,
that would combine the inputs from the Emu and the computer soundcard outputs.
plug computer speakers into the E-MU and tell EVERYTHING (OS and DAW) to use it for OUTPUT - it'll make everything (including computer sounds) sound better than your built-in soundcard!
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by strangedogs
plug computer speakers into the E-MU and tell EVERYTHING (OS and DAW) to use it for OUTPUT - it'll make everything (including computer sounds) sound better than your built-in soundcard!

I wish I could. I'm not going to buy a new set of computer speakers just for that though. I have a sound system, headphones and my onboard speakers.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712