Page 1 of 4
It seems to me that most right wingers believe abortion is wrong and most left wingers believe abortion is good. my question is what does abortion have to do with left wing or right wing, are people just mindlessly siding with their political parties on the issue?
Religious types (who are mostly pro-life) are generally right-wing.

Quote by n3x1s
most left wingers believe abortion is good.
Yes, everyone should about their babies. Children are baaaaad.

stratkat
Last edited by EuBoat at Dec 19, 2009,
Heard of Christianity?

Says Wiki of right-wing politics,
The Christian right is a major political force in the West, supported by the Republican Party in the United States and by Christian Democratic parties in Europe. They generally support laws upholding religious values
Quote by n3x1s
It seems to me that most right wingers believe abortion is wrong and most left wingers believe abortion is good. my question is what does abortion have to do with left wing or right wing, are people just mindlessly siding with their political parties on the issue?

WOW.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
The Lilliputians were pro-choice.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Right-wing politicians are probably mostly ambivalent, but they know how to get voters in a frenzy...

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by blackthought
The Blefuscuians, however, were not.

That would be the Blefuscudians but otherwise you are correct.
Which end of the egg do you penetrate first?
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Holy Katana
Or five.

TS has a new genetic disorder.

he got them from being a survivor of abortion
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
Quote by Jackal58

The convenient end, obviously.

I was like 6 when I read that book, I can barely remember any of it.
Quote by Jackal58

The big-end, like any other sane person.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by dudetheman
The big-end, like any other sane person.

This is a topic of passion not sanity. I implore you to flee Lilliput before your beliefs are put to trial.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi

I'll just leave this here.
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Left wing is liberal and right is conservative. ( Two opposing teams )

My family, going back to the 1800's were Democrat. They were poor and depended on the government for housing, loans, social security, etc. Now that I have my own business, it is pretty impossible to be left wing. The right wing is for business owners and people who want to do for themselves and make their own money. Most people that I know who are left wing want government handouts, housing, welfare, free health insurance, and want abortions to be paid for by the government.

I was in the military for 6 years, and had enough of the government telling me what to do every minute of the day. I couldn't have stayed in for 20 years and retired because it would have driven me nuts. My wife is from a communist country. ( Hungary ) She was under total control from Russia until she was 24 years old. She is totally 100 percent right wing now. We both know what it's like to live under government control. I could go on and on, but this post would get reported or locked out. Nothing that I am saying is an opinion.

I have lived and experienced what I am talking about. If you don't believe me, go join the military tomorrow. You will see first hand what I am talking about. I had a great time in the military and met a lot of nice people, but if you like freedom and thinking for yourself, you wouldn't want to stay in very long.
I did a bit over ten and most of what you say is opinion.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by n3x1s
most left wingers believe abortion is good.
No. Just ... No.

No matter where a person is on the political spectrum, they aren't thinking abortion is good. No one does that. Unless they're a complete whack-job. It's an invasive procedure. It leaves many women with lingering psychological problems. These are not good things.

At best, an abortion is an unpleasant solution to a problem. "at best"
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
^Aye.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Telewanger

My family, going back to the 1800's were Democrat. They were poor and depended on the government for housing, loans, social security, etc. Now that I have my own business, it is pretty impossible to be left wing. The right wing is for business owners and people who want to do for themselves and make their own money. Most people that I know who are left wing want government handouts, housing, welfare, free health insurance, and want abortions to be paid for by the government.

I was in the military for 6 years, and had enough of the government telling me what to do every minute of the day. I couldn't have stayed in for 20 years and retired because it would have driven me nuts. My wife is from a communist country. ( Hungary ) She was under total control from Russia until she was 24 years old. She is totally 100 percent right wing now. We both know what it's like to live under government control. I could go on and on, but this post would get reported or locked out. Nothing that I am saying is an opinion.

I have lived and experienced what I am talking about. If you don't believe me, go join the military tomorrow. You will see first hand what I am talking about. I had a great time in the military and met a lot of nice people, but if you like freedom and thinking for yourself, you wouldn't want to stay in very long.

Shut up
PM me for newts
Quote by Jackal58
I did a bit over ten and most of what you say is opinion.

I'm really confused! I am stating facts that happened to my wife and I, and you say it is an opinion. As far as I know, you have no idea who we are. I'm sure we have never met before. It blows my mind!
Quote by Telewanger

Yet most right wing Americans tend to be pro-Government control. They're the ones who tend to say who can and who can't marry, what substances can go into your body, to have more armed police and sometimes enjoy interventionist politics. I'm not saying that that's your position, but that's what I tend to see.
Quote by StewieSwan
Shut up

Yeah, It's too bad that I served in the Gulf War to help provide freedom for morons like you. What goes around comes around! It always does!
Quote by n3x1s

WTF? Hardly anyone actually believes that abortion is "good" it's just that most left-wingers believe that it's a choice to be left to the individual and not to the government.

Quote by Telewanger
Yeah, It's too bad that I served in the Gulf War to help provide freedom for morons like you. What goes around comes around! It always does!

Not to take away from your service record or anything, but I'm pretty sure that the person you are responding to isn't from Kuwait...
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Dec 20, 2009,
Quote by Telewanger

...I'm sorry, how does fighting in a foreign country protect his freedom?
Quote by Craigo
...I'm sorry, how does fighting in a foreign country protect his freedom?

shhh! you're poking holes in his mental security blanket!

Quote by Telewanger
What goes around comes around! It always does!

the world is indeed that fair.

suhreeuzly bruh.

Quote by Telewanger
I'm really confused! I am stating facts that happened to my wife and I, and you say it is an opinion. As far as I know, you have no idea who we are. I'm sure we have never met before. It blows my mind!

let me assist you.

the following excerpt from your post is entirely opinion based, and i mean entirely. with some gross generalizations thrown in for good measure.

Quote by Telewanger
Now that I have my own business, it is pretty impossible to be left wing. The right wing is for business owners and people who want to do for themselves and make their own money. Most people that I know who are left wing want government handouts, housing, welfare, free health insurance, and want abortions to be paid for by the government.

I was in the military for 6 years, and had enough of the government telling me what to do every minute of the day. I couldn't have stayed in for 20 years and retired because it would have driven me nuts.
If you don't believe me, go join the military tomorrow. You will see first hand what I am talking about. I had a great time in the military and met a lot of nice people, but if you like freedom and thinking for yourself, you wouldn't want to stay in very long.
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Dec 20, 2009,
Well you see, Left wingers are souless killers, but they are also cowards. So they are in favour of causing harm to those that can't defend themselves. Because they lack religious beliefs, they therefore, also lack morals.

However, Right wingers are blessed with a soul and the spirit of Christ, and can tell the difference between right and wrong. They realize killing is wrong because God has gifted them with morals.
Quote by n3x1s
people just mindlessly siding with their political parties on the issue

Yep, I'd say that's it. Most every issue is divided along party lines because of this and it's retarded.
Quote by Telewanger
Now that I have my own business, it is pretty impossible to be left wing. The right wing is for business owners and people who want to do for themselves and make their own money.

What about liberal guilt? And... you know... compassion for others?

Most of that post was completely off-topic.
Last edited by werty22 at Dec 20, 2009,
Quote by Telewanger

Your personal experience in life do not create a factual basis for how the political establishment works. Or life. I'm not agreeing nor disagreeing with all that you posted but you did simply post your opinion based upon your personal experience. Those are not facts.
Fact - The military did not control nor seek to control my political beliefs. I had the ability to think and vote how I wanted. My experience did shape the way I think but they had no overt control on me. Your statement would lead people to think otherwise. Your opinion. Not a fact.
Your wife was raised in a very autocratic society. I feel for her and can be happy that the reality of her life has changed. However her political leanings are still based on opinion. There is no such animal as political fact.
I'm not going to play "I'm more conservative than thou" I'm simply saying your "facts" no matter how true you deem them simply shape your opinions. That's all. I'm not flaming you or calling you out I'm just informing you that your opinions and facts are intermingled.

What branch were you in? Army here.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Telewanger

I don't like you anymore.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by technicolour
Well you see, Left wingers are souless killers, but they are also cowards. So they are in favour of causing harm to those that can't defend themselves. Because they lack religious beliefs, they therefore, also lack morals.

However, Right wingers are blessed with a soul and the spirit of Christ, and can tell the difference between right and wrong. They realize killing is wrong because God has gifted them with morals.

Totally, their god also apparently told them that people from the middle east (except for Israelis) don't count, otherwise they're probably all going to hell (the irony of which would be mind blowing)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Totally, their god also apparently told them that people from the middle east (except for Israelis) don't count, otherwise they're probably all going to hell (the irony of which would be mind blowing)

I was going to try and troll this further...but I can't come up with anything besides "they deserve death as they refuse to see God's divine grace" or something, I dunno
Quote by technicolour

Wow, that was unnecessary. This man is jaded. Did someone slag on your morals, or lack thereof?
Page 1 of 4