Page 1 of 2
I'm trying to get the people of my town (Grove City, PA) converted to metal. Most people listen to either pop or country. HELP ME! Seriously, I can't stand crap like that.
You lose the game.
When you think about the game, you lose. You have five minutes to forget the game. When you lose, you must announce "I LOSE"
Art is subjective, people will like what they like.
I'm sure you wouldn't/don't like it if those people that only listened to pop or country tried to convert you to their taste in music.
Let it be.
Quote by Videoboy88
I'm trying to get the people of my town (Grove City, PA) converted to metal. Most people listen to either pop or country. HELP ME! Seriously, I can't stand crap like that.

Alright, I'll drive down there right now and tell them to stop it.

In all seriousness, people need to stop caring so much about what others listen to.
I would suggest you move. The kind folk of Grove City are going to resurrect witch trials if you don't
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
You are cool. I can tell that people like you.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Videoboy88

If you can't stand people having different musical tastes than you, you're going to have a hell of a time finding a career.

Good luck with your "conversions," or whatever.
Schecter Tempest Custom
Squier Jagmaster
Epiphone Les Paul Jr. (Modified)
Crafter D-8

DOD FX50-B > EHX Little Big Muff > Digitech Whammy 4 >
Dunlop Cry Baby > Zoom G3 > Boss DD-7 > Digitech Digiverb

Orange OR-15
Marshall Valvestate VS100
You're doing it wrong.
Quote by eterom11
Yes, it is then!

You are truly a god among men.

Quote by Pancakehead
Dear Scribbllez I Googled it my good sir,
A hearty lol it did stir.

Ending Autumn
People listen to music you don't like? KILL THEM ALL!

It's not like peoples' brains are wired to like certain types of music and may not enjoy the ****ty bands you like (notice I called them ****ty but still say you have the right to listen to bad music.)
Most people where I live like pop, mainstream rap, or (ugh) metalcore and nu metal. Being a punk/prog/alt/art rock fan, I don't like that at all, I can't ****ing stand most of it, but I am (to some extent) a mature person and believe they can listen to what they want.
And all your 3 friends hate you.
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
No, seriously. I tried to ignore it, but they are just constantly bombarding me with "LISTEN TO THIS!" or "I LOVE THIS SONG" with the volume at the highest it can go and I can't stand it anymore.
You lose the game.
When you think about the game, you lose. You have five minutes to forget the game. When you lose, you must announce "I LOSE"
Quote by Videoboy88

Thank you for giving us metalheads more ignorant points. Learn to respect people's choice of music.
Well it is a town with a small christian college in PA. I'm not surprised there isn't a lot of metal there. But I am looking to go to that college and I like metal so there has to be at least a few others.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
Quote by Videoboy88
No, seriously. I tried to ignore it, but they are just constantly bombarding me with "LISTEN TO THIS!" or "I LOVE THIS SONG" with the volume at the highest it can go and I can't stand it anymore.

So now you want to bombard them with "LISTEN TO THIS!" and "YOU HAVE TO LOVE THIS SONG" with the volume at the highist it can go until everyone conforms to your standards?
Quote by denfilade
Open your closed mind. Close your open mouth.

You're pushing more than you're pulling.
Quote by Lots O' FX
People listen to music you don't like? KILL THEM ALL!

It's not like peoples' brains are wired to like certain types of music and may not enjoy the ****ty bands you like (notice I called them ****ty but still say you have the right to listen to bad music.)
Most people where I live like pop, mainstream rap, or (ugh) metalcore and nu metal. Being a punk/prog/alt/art rock fan, I don't like that at all, I can't ****ing stand most of it, but I am (to some extent) a mature person and believe they can listen to what they want.
And all your 3 friends hate you.

I think I love you.
Quote by eterom11
Yes, it is then!

Quote by Pancakehead

Ending Autumn
If its not your thing then its not your thing, but understand that not everyone is going to like the same things that you do.
Quote by Videoboy88

And? The most you are allowed to do without being a complete **** (and this is the absolute most) is make a joke about the song/artist, but it has to be more than "pfft the jonas brothers are so gay" make it constructive, well as constructive as someone as smart as you can make it.
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Solution: grow up.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Make metal covers of all their pop and country songs

METUL WEEL RUWL THE WURLD!
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by JAHellraiser
METUL WEEL RUWL THE WURLD!

No, it won't.
TS has proven a select few metalheads have an IQ low enough to destroy an entire army of metal-driven soldiers.

Therefore, the anarchy of punk rock shall reign.
Quote by eterom11
Yes, it is then!

Quote by Pancakehead

Ending Autumn
Quote by denfilade
Open your closed mind. Close your open mouth.

ABR!
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Having someone try to get you to listen to their favourite style of music is almost as annoying as someone preaching their religion to you when you don't care.

Don't do it, you're more than likely just going to annoy people.
Quote by merfsullivan
Every time I come to the Pit it makes me wonder if the word retard is being thrown out nearly enough....

Sydal Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.
Last edited by Sydal *[LFPE]* at Dec 20, 2009,
You people just don't seem to get how bad it is. If you're still in high school, picture this: you're walking into school, your friend walks up to you and says something like "OMG THIS SONG IS JUST AWESOME!" he makes you listen to it, and it's just awful. You spend most of the rest of the day like this. It gets stuck in your head, and you want to drill your head out because of how annoying this is. Make that 180 days a years, and you have a basic idea of my life. DO YOU SEE WHY I'M SO PISSED?
You lose the game.
Quote by Videoboy88
BAWWWWWW

Fuckin' noob.
Last edited by Kublai Khan at Dec 20, 2009,
Quote by Videoboy88
You people just don't seem to get how bad it is. If you're still in high school, picture this: you're walking into school, your friend walks up to you and says something like "OMG THIS SONG IS JUST AWESOME!" he makes you listen to it, and it's just awful. You spend most of the rest of the day like this. It gets stuck in your head, and you want to drill your head out because of how annoying this is. Make that 180 days a years, and you have a basic idea of my life. DO YOU SEE WHY I'M SO PISSED?

Stop being such a whiny bitch. If you can't handle people liking different things, kill yourself.
I wouldn't mind it as much if it was at least talented music, instead of this meaningless crap. It's not them disagreeing. It's what they're agreeing with.
You lose the game.
Quote by Videoboy88
I wouldn't mind it as much if it was at least talented music, instead of this meaningless crap. It's not them disagreeing. It's what they're agreeing with.

Can I ask you what you consider talented music?
Quote by Videoboy88

All right, smart guy, what do you listen to that is so musically talented?
Quote by Videoboy88

Yea, and if they just agreed with the messages of Fermented Offal Discharge, it would be so much better, right?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Almost anything that takes at least some effort. When I say "pop" I don't EXACTLY mean only pop, I mean things like R&b, rap, hip-hop, actual pop, stuff like that. There's basically only lyrics, with a beat in the background. I'm not exactly sure when this qualified as music, but whatever. I'm not quite as mad about the country, some of it is okay. Just not my style, though.
You lose the game.
Quote by Videoboy88
Almost anything that takes at least some effort. When I say "pop" I don't EXACTLY mean only pop, I mean things like R&b, rap, hip-hop, actual pop, stuff like that. There's basically only lyrics, with a beat in the background. I'm not exactly sure when this qualified as music, but whatever. I'm not quite as mad about the country, some of it is okay. Just not my style, though.

You didn't answer the question. What artists are talented?
Page 1 of 2