I'm not gonna deny it, I enjoy indulging in Guitar Hero occasionally, but when I picked it up the other day I think I almost broke the whammy bar expecting the note to bend up instead of down. So what physical improvements could be made to Guitar Hero to make it more realistic? Im thinking a better whammy bar and something that lets you palm mute (another big dissapointment.) Whats your ideas? (Nothing too obnoxious please.)
They could use strings instead of buttons. Also, instead of blocks that tell you where and when to play, they use standard notation and chord symbols. The first level could be edited so that you have to be able to pass a harmony exam on modal jazz.

Wouldn't that be fun???????

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
more than one string.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
maybe a pickup selector that would change the guitar's tone? unrealistic, but it would be cool. Also if the guitars you chose had different tone according to their type
Actually, I consider more buttons kind of obnoxious, but if thats what you want...
Yeah, Guitar Hero isn't about being realistic.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by EuBoat
144 buttons to make it more like a real guitar.

and 6 little clicky things
and buttons that bend up and down
and a wooden body
and neck
and the buttons be connected
and made of steel
and knobs
and a switch
and just be a guitar
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
Wah pedal.

Oh yeah.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by D&DLover
maybe a pickup selector that would change the guitar's tone? unrealistic, but it would be cool. Also if the guitars you chose had different tone according to their type

Rockband 2 has that.
theres nothing they can do really, its not about being realistic anyway. like said up there somewhere, a wah pedal. thats about all they can do
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
6 strings
22-24 frets
2 pickups
wooden body
wooden neck
1/4 in. output
oh wait...
Quote by scott58
Worst? I don't know. My buddies old MG 10 until we turned it into a cup holder and ash tray.
Quote by skaterskagg1
Rockband 2 has that.

Really? I had no idea. That's pretty cool.
Quote by Thrill-house

Can you imagine what that thing would like like on the inside?
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
Quote by Guitarman015
Can you imagine what that thing would like like on the inside?

Well since it's a Gisbon it'll probably be a mess since they have poor QC
Quote by EchoxOath
SG has officially won this thread.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
there are no words to describe how truly epic this is.

Quote by SGstriker
I think you win the award for the coolest member of '08
Assuming most people here play guitar, we should all have no problem on it. If it was real that is. The only way I'll ever be interested if somebody 5stars a song on expert is if its on that.
Maybe two sets of 5 buttons or one set of 12 buttons. I'd like to see open-string with the guitar, too. I'm to the point in the game where it's simply not challenging no matter what they do with 5 buttons, so I'd like to see the game be challenging again.
a way to bend the frets and yeah an extra set of buttons on the bottom to tap
Quote by vulcan422
i wish i could see Children Of Bodom agen
Quote by red157
Granted. But you have to endure support by the Miley Cyrus, Jonas Brothers and a steaming turd.

1. Death
2. Children Of Bodom
3. Metallica
4. Megadeth
5. Pantera
6. Cannibal Corpse
Quote by nincompoop
Maybe two sets of 5 buttons or one set of 12 buttons. I'd like to see open-string with the guitar, too. I'm to the point in the game where it's simply not challenging no matter what they do with 5 buttons, so I'd like to see the game be challenging again.

There's open frets with bass on GH:WT
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
Quote by vulcan422
a way to bend the frets and yeah an extra set of buttons on the bottom to tap

Rock Band did this with the strat.
Quote by captaincrunk
Unlike guitar, which isn't supposed to be fun.

Guitar isn't a game based on an instrument. It's the actual instrument. It's different.
i would be cool if there were more buttons but not just down the neck. more like having 6 strings. ive seen some eletronic guitars that have a button for where each note would be on the neck. something like that but maybe not a full scale because it might be to hard for non players. maybe just in the lower position and in the upper position for solos like rock band.

also if there was some sort of improv option or jamming mode that would be sweet. or maybe like a "guitarist edition" where you could hook up your actual guitar to the game via some sort of cordless connection. i might actually play that and it would actually be useful.
Last edited by Blind In 1 Ear at Dec 20, 2009,