i've been listening to people's song's theyve uploaded onto UG and noticed that they have like some sort of drum program they used in their songs. i used Fruity Loops but it gets kinda tedious after a while. is there somethign easier out there? and i noticed that some of the drum beats these guys have in their songs are really realistic and more complicated than i could make on Fruity Loops.

thanks!
EZ Drummer Drumkit From Hell hands down. Songs on my profile use it. Mirrorthrone/Vladimir Cochet use it if you listen to him.
Quote by guitarsonist
EZ Drummer Drumkit From Hell hands down. Songs on my profile use it. Mirrorthrone/Vladimir Cochet use it if you listen to him.

I agree. DFH is what I use as well.
EZDrummer takes the Cake. Reason Drums is very solid as well but EZ Drummer just has that clarity I seek, and with the right tuning can be very good for anyone's style of play.
Quote by beatnik25
EZDrummer takes the Cake. Reason Drums is very solid as well but EZ Drummer just has that clarity I seek, and with the right tuning can be very good for anyone's style of play.

This is true. I've used Addictive as well but the mapping is a pain in the ass, though the samples sound great and are very tweakable.
What I usually do is cheat, I'll fool around in Guitar Pro and write some loops then put them all together as a complete map lol.
i use drum track
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by Eggmond
i use drum track

Yeah I do too, but it sounds very robotic, and takes a really long time to program, you really have to be inventive with your drum programming, then you have to write a song to the drum track, since its near impossible to write a drum track to fit a prerecorded song.

But EZdrummer is by far the best one for the money.
Guys for creating drum maps, go get a trial of Guitar Pro. It's amazing at how far they've come. I think even Powertab can do it, but since I dropped some dough on Guitar Pro that's what I use.
I personally can't stand EZ Drummer, I just make my own sampled sounds or download some online, then plug 'em into a drum rack in Ableton then go about my merry way. I have some 808 samples that sound AWESOME, you can hear them in the song 'City Lights' and 'Coffee Break' on my profile.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
I notice lots of people use the EZdrummer Drumkit from hell here. (specifically for metal)

its a great place to start with great tweakability.

I'm personally using Addicitive drums because i find it has a bit more of an organic sound. both drumsets appear to equal in sound quality and tweakability in my experience.

(although the tunes i have uploaded are a year+ old and are not using DFH, or AD)
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Last edited by Kivarenn82 at Dec 20, 2009,